Thursday Excitement - Teams/Hopes/Fears

carlukemurray

Bate are Belaroussian- hardly a footballing powerhouse?

Thought they were from Ukraine. Makes its alot more damning for us at Breiðablik. I really think we are going to get spanked tomorrow, I mean by 3-4 or 5 goals. Its getting more and more clearer for me. I just hope we catch Motherwell at an off day.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this has been posted before .. but seemingly the Old Boy sent Jocky Scott out to scout at a Breidablik game .. I'd say it falls short of being a right-rivetin-read but is interesting nonetheless ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ell/8822150.stm

And Bliki ... I'm fascinated to learn that you are, in fact, a male duck.

:doh:

Thought they were from Ukraine. Makes its alot more damning for us at Breiðablik. I really think we are going to get spanked tomorrow, I mean by 3-4 or 5 goals. Its getting more and more clearer for me. I just hope we catch Motherwell at an off day.

I'm not entirely convinced there's such a huge gulf in class here Bliki

Even if there is ... fans of Scottish teams have long since become accustomed to the "banana-skin" factor and Motherwell are no different!

It's been great to read your side of the story from Iceland and your input here has made the whole tie a lot more interesting.

That said ... and banana-skins in mind .... a win .... any kind of win will do nicely!

I would go with

Randolph

Saunders - Craigan - Reynolds - Hammell

Jennings - Hateley - Forbes

Sutton

McCugh - Murphy

I would play Sutton just off the two main strikers and they can feed off what he wins.

Forbes, Jennings and Hateley as the midfield gives a mixture of creativity and robustness.

Defensive picks itself just now.

Hadn't really given this much thought til today. Don't get me wrong, the ticket is bought and the day off secured long ago. But I haven't had a sense of anticipation for it until about an hour ago.

I reckon we'll have a hard game of it and fear we could see a re-run of Mypa 47. Only thing to say against this is the fact that Breidablik may not be as good as Mypa were.

Highly unlikely Breidablik are as good as MyPa. MyPa had top quality players like Sami Hyppia and Joonas Kolkka plus a bunch of experienced Finnish international players like Tianen, Jakonen, Mahlio, Koskinen.

I might be wrong but I think Breidablik only have a couple of players with 1 or 2 caps and a bunch of U21's. They are nowhere near the level of MyPa - on paper at least.

Of course you could also say our current team is nowhere near as good as the one that lost against MyPa!

Highly unlikely Breidablik are as good as MyPa. MyPa had top quality players like Sami Hyppia and Joonas Kolkka plus a bunch of experienced Finnish international players like Tianen, Jakonen, Mahlio, Koskinen.

I might be wrong but I think Breidablik only have a couple of players with 1 or 2 caps and a bunch of U21's. They are nowhere near the level of MyPa - on paper at least.

Of course you could also say our current team is nowhere near as good as the one that lost against MyPa!

but Hyypia + Kolkka were u-21`s at the time just like several of the Breidablik guys who are being trailed by German,English,French + other clubs around europe,and as u said our team isnt a patch on the one from the Mypa game.

my biggest fear isnt their players but our lack of competetive football,that is gonna be the telling factor over the 2 legs, just hope we can explode out the traps instead of performing like we did against Llanelli. (and that game last year should have us on guard,by all accounts Llanelli arent as good as Breidablik + they beat us last year in the 1st leg!)

To be fair, though, in that first leg we had a whole bunch of new players playing a new system under a new manager. At least this time around we have a fairly settled team using familiar tactics.

I would say the Icelandic league is getting stronger and stronger and now a Scottish defender Jamie McCunnie has joined one of the clubs, Haukar - it will be even stronger :D

Anyone know anything about this player? maybe we should have taken a punt on his as the Breiðablik is defence is the weak point of the team.

I would say the Icelandic league is getting stronger and stronger and now a Scottish defender Jamie McCunnie has joined one of the clubs, Haukar - it will be even stronger :D

Anyone know anything about this player? maybe we should have taken a punt on his as the Breiðablik is defence is the weak point of the team.

Cant say I know anything about the player, but this can only be a good thing from our point of view tonight :P