Europa League Qualifying - 2nd Round 2nd Leg

Rickoza

Just ahead of the game on Thursday, I thought I would start up a thread. Breidablik play at Keflavik tonight (9pm I think kick-off is) and I wouldn't have thought they'd have the sort-of squad which could be changed to rest folk. We've got an advantage in a way that we don't have the risk of a game in-between Thursday and this week, but again we have the disadvantage of no match practise. Do we go for the away goal, secure it and then sit back, or play as we did on Thursday but remember to keep it tight at all times? We will score on Thursday, they aren't solid enough at the back, but my concern is neither were we at times.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were Celtic or Rangers, you'd be sure it'd be live on the BBC. It's just Motherwell, so extremely doubtful. So much for supporting Scottish teams in Europe.....

Doubt we'll even get the luxury of radio coverage, so it looks like we'll be following the club's twitter page is the best option we'll have.

Team wise I'd probably go along similar lines, although Saunders will be pushing for a start. Tactically I wouldn't be gung-ho but would be looking to kill the tie off as early as possible.

2-0 Motherwell on the night.

Agree that they will have to come out abit and this could let the like of Murphy in for an away goal which is what we want. the team will take the same shape as last week and Jennings might get a more advanced role. Keep it tight at the back and we should progress.

Just ahead of the game on Thursday, I thought I would start up a thread. Breidablik play at Keflavik tonight (9pm I think kick-off is) and I wouldn't have thought they'd have the sort-of squad which could be changed to rest folk. We've got an advantage in a way that we don't have the risk of a game in-between Thursday and this week, but again we have the disadvantage of no match practise. Do we go for the away goal, secure it and then sit back, or play as we did on Thursday but remember to keep it tight at all times? We will score on Thursday, they aren't solid enough at the back, but my concern is neither were we at times.

The stand shown in this picture would appear to be where we will be sitting next Thursday.

Any stream anywhere of the Breidablik game tonight?

old_east_stand.jpg

The stand shown in this picture would appear to be where we will be sitting next Thursday.

Any stream anywhere of the Breidablik game tonight?

Nice of them to give us our own WEE stand. I wonder how many away tickets we have sold?

Last I heard was that there were only 9 seats left on the charter. So that would be 110 + same amount travelling independently......

Just hope it does not p1ss down for the entire match or a wetsuit may be the order of the day. Looking forward to the trip.

We score first and we can relax and hit them on the break. They score first and it will be game on, though 1 away goal should still be enough to see us through.

Nice of them to give us our own WEE stand. I wonder how many away tickets we have sold?

Last I heard was that there were only 9 seats left on the charter. So that would be 110 + same amount travelling independently......

Just hope it does not p1ss down for the entire match or a wetsuit may be the order of the day. Looking forward to the trip.

We score first and we can relax and hit them on the break. They score first and it will be game on, though 1 away goal should still be enough to see us through.

Your estimation of 220 could be about right. I was under the impression we had only been allocated 300 tickets.

Actually have a look at the picture of the Stand. Is that a KIDS CHUTE on the right hand side. I can see jappery!

Anyway, just thinking about it last Thursday was only the 2nd time we have kept a clean sheet at home in European competition. That is a pretty good positive going in to this game. I think Breidablik will need to be a bit more open and attacking which should allow us more space up front and a chance to nick a goal or two. If we score one they need to get three. That would be a big ask. If we score within the first 15 minutes we could end up getting a few on the board. If they score within the first 15 minutes we could be in for a pretty tense game. If we are winning at half time I'd bring Hutchinson on for Reynolds.

As for the team I'd go for;

-------------------Randolph--------------------

Saunders-----Craigan-------Reynolds------Hammell

------------------Jennings------------------------

Hateley-------------Lasley------------------Forbes

----------Murphy--------------Sutton-------------

If that isn't working I'd sacrifice one in the midfield (Forbes) for Smith and go 4-3-3 (Hateley, Craigan, Saunders, Reynolds at the back, Lasley, Jennings, Hammell in the middle Murphy, Sutton, and Smith (for height and build) up front. Humphrey on the bench for the last 20-25 mins. If we are winning at half time or if we went 2-0 up I'd bring Hutchinson on for Reynolds straight away.

Breidablik 1 Motherwell 2 for me.

Finlay,

Thought we had two really dodgy positions last Thursday; right back & left midfield. You've sorted the former. For the latter, if fit, I'd like to see Marc Fitzpatrick. No problems with putting Forbes on the bench; pandering to those who criticise his pace and fitness maybe..... :angry: He can come on, do a cross, and people can think it was a shot.....

Do think it is an away win this time and the only clean-sheet European tie; 0-2 final score and 3-0 aggregate.

SD

id have forbes central and attackinf through the middle with lasely in behind to clean up behind murphy who could push further forward so it was more like a 4-3-3, lots of attacking options this way.

-------------------Randolph--------------------

Saunders-----Craigan-------Reynolds------Hammell

------------------------Lasely----------------------------

-------Murphy----------Forbes------------Hately------

------------------Sutton---------------Smith-----------------

I still think we will win comfortably and wouldn't be surprised by 4 or 5 goals :angry: