Europa League Qualifying - 2nd Round 2nd Leg

Rickoza

I see Tam Cowan has written a column focusing on Motherwell's Euro exploits thus far;

This time last year Motherwell fans were predicting relegation and thinking about a spot of bungee jumping (minus the ropes) after getting pumped at New Broomfield by a Welsh male voice choir.

So I'll take a 1-0 Europa League win against Icelandic side Breidablik any day of the week, thanks very much.

Favourites to lift the trophy next May - probably - we could have strolled to victory by half a dozen goals, of course. But with a few seats still to fill on the fans' charter Craig "Baldrick" Brown cunningly settled for 1-0 to keep the tie interesting.

(That WAS the plan, Craig, right?)

To be honest the teams were evenly balanced on Thursday night. Motherwell went for a blend of youth and experience and Breidablik opted for a blend of amateur and semi-professional.

But I'm confident we'll win comfortably in Iceland as I can exclusively reveal that half the Breidablik team are backshift and will miss the match.

My only real concern is the state of their pitch. After recent events in Iceland I understand they've got an ash park.

Still, I won't let the football get in the way of next week's Jolly Boys' Outing.

Some of the lads are talking about going clubbing but I couldn't do that to a baby seal.

And quite a few of my fellow Well fans keep talking about a trip to The Blue Lagoon but there's no way I'm travelling all that way for a fish supper.

Other local attractions? Well, according to my mate John, who travelled to Iceland when Gary Naysmith scored his last international goal for Scotland, the city of Reykjavik boasts - wait for it - a penis museum!

Wonder if it's twinned with The Dick Institute in Kilmarnock?

And would Gary Lineker get in free of charge?

Anyway, it will be worth a couple of quid at the door just to see if Fabio Capello is the curator...

Talking of money, if Motherwell do the business in Iceland we're now looking at a trip to Norway.

What an expensive doubleheader for any self-respecting bevvy merchant, eh?

I think Well fans should now make Glasgow Airport our local so we can acclimatise to the price of drink.

Fingers crossed, we play Aalesunds of Norway and we might have a wee advantage as they've apparently got an artificial playing surface.

Well, that's exactly how our lush Fir Park pitch was described by the Motherwell players on Thursday night...

Ps. A warning for all the Motherwell fans flying to Iceland on Wednesday morning, courtesy of regular reader John Leck.

It was reported this week that Paolo Nutini lost his ring in the first floor toilets at Glasgow Airport. So please be careful what you eat from the food outlets...

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wish I'd sold the cat (and few other things) to be in Iceland right now

never mind I'll just have to make do with listening to the radio tonight

I'm going for a fast paced game ending in a 1-1 draw

now how do you say 'who wants to buy a cat?' in Norwegian?

That's easy, my second language on account of my mothers side hailing from the region :O

Se på innskjæringen av meg med maling på min kupong, skjede, offer min pussy til salgs

"View notching of me with paint on my coupon, vagina, sacrifice my pussy for Sale"

:O

I can't believe that the only way to see this game is to shell out £8 on a stream :D
Every time I look at that website it's a different price. When 'Flow first posted it, it was 8 quid. Then, for the game that was being shown last night, it was 5 Euros. Now, for our game, it's quoting 1500 ISK (which is about 6 quid).

Must be an Icelandic bank that's running the figures.

Seems like there is a problem with the website being used for the streaming, touch and go whether or not it'll be shown in certain pubs.

Edit: Looking good just now.

Are they showing the match in The Pub tonight?

Sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't see it any where.