Aalesund Home Leg Tickets

Toxteth O'Grady

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season ticket seats should have been reserved. Bit of a joke.

Given the timespan it would be a logistical nightmare. It would be unworkable. Given that the club had considerably less than a fortnight to organise home leg tickets how long would season ticket holders be given to "book" their seats? One week? If that was the case then non season ticket holders would have say 3 days to collect theirs. This could lead to a large number of ticket sales artificially crammed into a very limited time slot. What about mixed groups of ST holders groups wanting to sit beside their friends/family who weren't ST holders?

I suppose the only alternative would be to sell a Euro package for say 3 games in advance and then folk would take their chance as to whether or not we'd be involved in 3 games. They might end up forking out to see 3 games but in reality only watching one.

I'm a season ticket holder myself and someone has taken my seat - so what? I'll be in the same general area and that'll suit me fine.

Given the timespan it would be a logistical nightmare. It would be unworkable. Given that the club had considerably less than a fortnight to organise home leg tickets how long would season ticket holders be given to "book" their seats? One week? If that was the case then non season ticket holders would have say 3 days to collect theirs. This could lead to a large number of ticket sales artificially crammed into a very limited time slot. What about mixed groups of ST holders groups wanting to sit beside their friends/family who weren't ST holders?

How would it be a logistical nightmare? If they reserved the season ticket seats for say, 5 days, a week, whatever, then that doesn't stop tickets being sold for all other seats. That way, no season ticket holders can get tickets season ticket holders can get the seat the usually sit in. Hardly 'unworkable' is it?

I suppose the only alternative would be to sell a Euro package for say 3 games in advance and then folk would take their chance as to whether or not we'd be involved in 3 games. They might end up forking out to see 3 games but in reality only watching one.

That's daft, see my first point.

I'm a season ticket holder myself and someone has taken my seat - so what? I'll be in the same general area and that'll suit me fine.

That would be fine if season tickets had allocated 'general areas' and not seats.

How would it be a logistical nightmare? If they reserved the season ticket seats for say, 5 days, a week, whatever, then that doesn't stop tickets being sold for all other seats. That way, no season ticket holders can get tickets season ticket holders can get the seat the usually sit in. Hardly 'unworkable' is it?

Groups of friends / family may wish to sit together and not all of them will be season ticket holders, so would they all have to hold off buying tickets for 5 days if they wanted to sit together? Non ST holders may wish to sit in particular parts of the ground and would have to wait for a week to find out if seats were available. In effect seats would be on general sale for 3/4 days at the most. Thats simply not long enough.

That's daft, see my first point.

I agree but many SPL clubs do it with domestic Cup tickets. if "booking" your own seat means that much then this is a cast iron way of guaranteeing that.... but it comes at a cost

That would be fine if season tickets had allocated 'general areas' and not seats.

Personally I couldn't care less about which precise seat I sit in so long as its in the same general area or similar and I get to watch my team.

In my view the club has done nothing wrong, nothing whatsoever.

Wanted a ticket for the last section of the east stand up next to the south and the lassie said that we weren't selling tickets for there untill everywhere else is FULL.So they wont be selling any for that section then?

What is the difference?

Wanted a ticket for the last section of the east stand up next to the south and the lassie said that we weren't selling tickets for there untill everywhere else is FULL.So they wont be selling any for that section then?

What is the difference?

:wallbash: the very section that will generate the most atmosphere :)

What is the difference?

The online booking thing is showing some seats already sold in that section :wallbash:

What is the difference?

I can only assume it's to try break up that section of the crowd a bit in the hope of avoiding any sort of "trouble". I'll take a guess that UEFA probably hammer clubs for the slightest thing (such as standing up) and that section of the crowd, rightly or wrongly, tend to be the most likely to have run in's with stewards.

What is the difference?

I have got my tickets for up there.

http://motherwellfc.iristickets.co.uk/tick...20&L=en#120

This link shows that the majority of FIR PARK is 0-25% Full with some parts fuller then others.... thinking this is a mistake.

Doubt it. I saw an article today in the Sunday papers where Keith Lasley was talking about looking forward to running out on Thursday to see 4 full stands of MFC fans. I did think who is he kidding.

This is a hugely important game in terms of potential finance, players/transfers and the prestige of the club should we go on to win and draw a Liverpool in the next round.

That said the only way we would see a full house is if we got a Liverpool FC. The turnout v Breidablik was OK but in truth I only expect a similar amount or marginally more this coming Thursday - my best guess would be 6500 at most.

Would love their to be near 10,000 but just cannot see it. Pity though as the team need it and probably deserve it.