If We Get Past Aalesund...

David

I may be jumping the gun a bit by looking past Aalesund, but i've been thinking recently about what happens if we get past them and draw someone such as Juventus, Liverpool or Dortmund?

Obviously, a draw against Liverpool would be all well & good, but we are likely to face a fair bit of demand for tickets, aren't we?

How many people would like to see a system in place for distributing the tickets for the home game?

Some thing like season ticket holders getting first choice, followed by the fans who had gone to both home games in the previous rounds etc?

If nothing like that is in place we'll have people who have never stepped foot inside Fir Park getting tickets simply to see Steven Gerrard or Del Piero, whilst actual fans who supported the club through the previous rounds maybe not being able to get down to the stadium quickly enough to get their tickets.

Whilst i'd love to see Fir Park full for a real glamour game, i'd hate to miss out on possibly our biggest European game in our history because there was a rush of Sky Sports subscribers wearing Fernando Torres headbands snapping up all the tickets.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect to Nancy, I don't consider them to be the same attraction that Juventus or especially Liverpool would be.

With the lack of both wings of the Main Stand (which were available against Nancy) it will depend on which stand we give the away fans. If we draw a big club that is likely to travel (the English clubs for example) then I would think we'd give up the Davie Cooper rather than the South, to allow more 'Well fans (and/or neutrals) tickets.

Still think anyone that wants a ticket will get one - IF it is one ticket for every season ticket and not season ticket holders able to buy 5 or 6.

If we get past Aalesunds, I think there are only two teams that could cause a sell-out at Fir Park; Liverpool and Aston Villa.

Italian teams barely take 2000 fans to Basel; just a few hours away.

I think the Nancy crowds (albeit heavily promoted for youngsters), and Dortmund (scheduled to suit German TV), speak for themselves.

Unless an English team, any 'Well fan who wants a ticket and has a bit of planning nous will get one.

However, in principle, any fan who has paid up front should get first choice. I think that's both fair and normal practice within football.

SD

I'm not convinced Liverpool or Man City would play all of their their first choice eleven against us either. I could see the likes of Gerard/Torres and a whole host of City players not even if we make the journey. Glamourous for us? Without a doubt. For the neutral? Not too sure.

Fair enough giving season ticket holders first shout but some people are pretty far flung and aren't able to make a Thursday match without a bit of planning and using up holidays at work.

I'd need to take a day and a half holiday which I did for the Briedablik game. If I do it for this one AND the next one (if we get through) then that's a week out my holidays. I'm skipping this one in the hope that we get through and I can go to the next one.

Canny penalise people who want to be there but just can't.

It would make sense to give ST holders and memebrs of the Trust and Supporters Association priority, although there'd be some overlap. Long term, the answer is to set up a database of fans. This would serve a variety of purposes including allocation of home stand tickets for OF games.

Some people have work commitments that mean they can't get down to the ticket office at 9am on a Tuesday or whatever.

That is a fairshout but, why as should other folk in the supporters clubs etc get a priority? All people do is moan about tickets on here, and how they should get priority etc.

That is a fairshout but, why as should other folk in the supporters clubs etc get a priority? All people do is moan about tickets on here, and how they should get priority etc.

I never mentioned supporters clubs though.

I said that season ticket holders and those who had bought tickets for the previous two Europa League games should perhaps be given priority.

Because if they paid for a season ticket then they made the commitment to the club early and fronted up 250quid+ back in May. That money will no doubt have been utilised by the club during the summer when they realistically have no other income stream short of selling players, so its only fair to reward ST holders. Hence, first shout.

Would also make the ST that wee bit more redundant.

It gets the holder in every home match which is all it is supposed to do,no justification for the pay at the gate punter having to fall in behind st holders for a game that a st doesn't even cover.If we go with attendance at the previous rounds does that include anyone who didn't happen to hold on to their stubs as this has never been mentioned until now.

Because if they paid for a season ticket then they made the commitment to the club early and fronted up 250quid+ back in May. That money will no doubt have been utilised by the club during the summer when they realistically have no other income stream short of selling players, so its only fair to reward ST holders. Hence, first shout.

What about those that stumped up £400 for the Iceland trip, or £600 for the Norway trip? Or those that did it themselves? Or those that went to Bucharest or Albania?

General sale, first come, first serve. If you've got work commitments, get it sorted out, the majority of us have work commitments.

Trust and Supporters Association can get tae.

It gets the holder in every home match which is all it is supposed to do,no justification for the pay at the gate punter having to fall in behind st holders for a game that a st doesn't even cover.If we go with attendance at the previous rounds does that include anyone who didn't happen to hold on to their stubs as this has never been mentioned until now.

It is a long standing debate and one that will never be fully resolved. I understand the frustrations of being a 'shift worker' and it not being a viable option to purchase a ST. I also have experience of being a ST holder and actually losing out due to £5 games, family discounts, so on and so forth. Having been on both sides of the ST divide (and having sweated over a CIS Cup Final ticket due to 'only' being a PATG customer) I'm still in agreement with Big Stall on this one. Call it a 'perk' of the book (and there isn't many left) but if you make a healthy financial investment to the club for a season then they should look to invest in some way in you. This is the best way to do it. 1 ticket per book though. Don't agree with ST holders being able to snap up 4 at at time like Fulham foolishly did for the Europa League Final.

What about those that stumped up £400 for the Iceland trip, or £600 for the Norway trip? Or those that did it themselves? Or those that went to Bucharest or Albania?
It costs me about 600 quid to travel to any home game. Do I get priority too?

Was tempted to quote several posts to reply to but instead I'll just chip in with my opinion, obviously if we don't get a result on Thursday it all becomes academic.

• Irrespective of who we face at home I think ST holders should get an opportunity to purchase tickets first, as has been said money put up front.

• After which priority should be given to those who travelled to the away games in Iceland and/or Norway, the club will have a record of these.

• Following on from this people who attended both home legs again there will be a record of this thus negating the need for ticket stubs.

• Obviously there will be overlaps in the above the remaining tickets should go on general sale first come first served in person from the ticket office.

General sale, first come, first serve. If you've got work commitments, get it sorted out, the majority of us have work commitments.

You're basically suggesting a free for all? If long standing and loyal fans can't purchase tickets quick enough, then tough - thats their look out. A bit callous and ruthless in my view.

I'm sorry but that's a sure fire way to alienate and offend a lot of season ticket holders, who comprise over 50% of our core support, in one fell swoop.

No system is perfect but a database of names is as near as it gets. That said, some recognition should be given to those who travelled to Iceland and Norway, by way of thanks.