Odense Highlights

mwellhighland

Actually, watching that again, Craigan didn't have as much of an opportunity to clatter the ball and/or Utaka into the stand at the second goal as I thought he'd had watching it yesterday. He was never really close enough, and would most likely just have got himself sent off if he'd stuck a foot in. Just a bit unlucky that none of the three guys who'd got themselves back on the line could do anything about it either.

Actually, watching that again, Craigan didn't have as much of an opportunity to clatter the ball and/or Utaka into the stand at the second goal as I thought he'd had watching it yesterday. He was never really close enough, and would most likely just have got himself sent off if he'd stuck a foot in. Just a bit unlucky that none of the three guys who'd got themselves back on the line could do anything about it either.

Perhaps he was "on his heels" a tad and couldn't make the interception, with the ball being that bit too far in front. However, that doesn't detract from the fact that the defensive line was perfect and in sync - bar Craigan whom was a good 10 yards behind the rest, thus allowing Utaka onside and therefore too much of a gap between Craigan and the rest of the defence, giving Saunders/Reynolds too much of a deficit to make up in order to assist Craigan against Utaka. Never should we have allowed a one-on-one situation. Craigan was completely at fault for his position. Also, the way he appeared to just "give in" when Utaka had broke free, yes he was never going to catch him in a race - but the least we expect is you burst your gut to get back on the line.

Nice 1 Highland!

1st goal is soo painfull - memories of Buzz in Nancy flooding back!

What was Jenno thinkin?

Classic quote "Nein, nein, nein, nein, na, na, na"

Their second goalscorer is one to watch next week, as fast as Humphrey - with a better touch & finish!

Very frustrated at losing the first goal in that manner again,

even more so as I'm convinced the freekick would not have been awarded had our players just kept the ball moving instead of almost stopping when the diving runt went down,

Referee seemed to indicate play on, we never :evilgrin: then he blew for the free kick

I thought Utaka was meant to be suspended anyway?
Only for the second leg, according to the Herald, although not quite sure how that can be the case...

rumour in the airport last night that his reported suspension is inaccurate, something to do with the list delivered to Motherwell being out of date,

guess we'll have to wait on an official listing or the team sheet

rumour in the airport last night that his reported suspension is inaccurate, something to do with the list delivered to Motherwell being out of date,

guess we'll have to wait on an official listing or the team sheet

Can't see how he would be suspended for the 2nd leg anyway, and be able to play in the 1st. UEFA rules are not as ambiguous as the SPL/EPL where you can play x amount of games before a ban kicks in. UEFA's rules stipulate that you miss the following match - unless in cases of appeal.

But, as for Utaka, he was not booked in either match against the Bosnians, Zrjinski in the previous round. So, can't see how he would be banned for our meeting at Fir Park anyway.

thanks to whoever put up the youtube link. was just a wee bit better quality than the guy who filmed his laptop :-) but, hey! I was greatful for that too, getting to see Hately's goal!

After watching it and reading all the posts on the 2 sites, I think there was only 1 person mentioned that craigan was way too far back. Lots of comments on how he should have booted the ball out, tackled, pulled him down etc when all he had to do was take 2 steps forward and utaka would have been waaay offside.

Having said that, everyone makes mistakes and I believe most people would have taken a 2-1 defeat.

Now I have to findout if any bar's over here ( Austin Texas ) will have the motherwell game on next week. then after that I have to decide do i go watch or not. Last time was league cup final :-( if they do make it I may have to do some massive crawlin to amass enough brownie point to come over for a group game. Last time I done that was 1991 :-)

C'mon Ye Well

Nice 1 Highland!

1st goal is soo painfull - memories of Buzz in Nancy flooding back!

What was Jenno thinkin?

Classic quote "Nein, nein, nein, nein, na, na, na"

Their second goalscorer is one to watch next week, as fast as Humphrey - with a better touch & finish!

Jennings, aswell as Reynolds, Hately and co. all got un just and un fair yellow cards. The Referee was just Awful, Couldn't Control a Sunday league game!

I didn't see Much of Peter Utaka from the Stand... I only really noticed him when he got that goal. I think Caca is the player to watch Because he is fast and a diving, Cheating wee bast.... 8) (all IMO)