St Johnstone (a) 9/11

steelboy

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very comfortable win when all is said and done. V Good performance in the 1st half - pretty pedestrian in the second which was a shame as the boys were shooting our way. As comfortable a win at Perth for a long time.

My MOM would got to Hammell who did not put a foot wrong all match. He did everything spot on and was rock solid. Great to see.

As for the smoke bombs. OK I understand the comments re the asthma etc, but were it not for the 'wee neds' there would have been little atmosphere there today. We were all young once - albeit a while ago. If you want perfect behaviour and a quiet atmosphere - go to church. I say keep it up - then again I am not getting lifted week after week :D

I love these "wee ned" remarks. I'd say most of them are certainly not "wee neds". I'd actually say there avid Motherwell fans who pay there money week in week out to support the team. And to be honest they can say they support the team. Apart from the section down the front i didnt hear many well fans singing or giving some encouragement to the team. Do you want football games to be silent for 90 mins? Feck off....

Motherwell are fucking brilliant

Motherwell fans are fucking shite!

Give it a break. Moaning c***s!

A Spanish mate of mine has been interested in Motherwell for a while. He's an Espanyol fan, and he simply can't comprehend how we can only get 4,500 for games in a stadium that holds over 13,000, and he simply can't understand how a football team can have such a shite atmosphere - especially at home.

He's been keen to come to a game for a bit, mainly to see what the atmosphere's like. It's actually a little embarrassing telling him that there's no point in going to just about any Motherwell game if he's after atmosphere. However, he really wanted to so I told him Inverness away is a good day out, a laugh and there's usually a good sing-song, albeit with a small number of fans.

For his sake, I hope to fuck the "wee neds" are going to Inverness anaw.

Going back to the more important topic of the game. The furst three minutes were crucial. A stunning save from Randolph (after what can only be described as chronic defending!) and then we go straight up the other end and score. And that seemed to knock the stuffing outof St Johnstone and build the belief in our lot and from then on we defended very securely.

Thought we created lots of space down the right side but a poor final ball meant we didn't use it as well as we could and interestingly despite the fact we got in behind more on the right side both goals came from the left. We really didn't press that much in the second half choosing to keep the ball more often. Which was fine as we'd one the game in the first half but we aren't good enough to do that against better teams than St Johnstone. We gave the ball away cheaply a few times. But I'm splitting hairs. Overall a great performance and result.

Didn't make the game, but pleased with the win and the clean sheet :D

Was following the twitter updates yesterday and I thought we were playing 12 players for a bit. 2 keepers is a bit unfair though :cheers:

The ball eventually fell to Parkin but his effort was blocked by Ruddy. The ball was played back in and Randolph gathered again!

Thought we created lots of space down the right side but a poor final ball meant we didn't use it as well as we could and interestingly despite the fact we got in behind more on the right side both goals came from the left. We really didn't press that much in the second half choosing to keep the ball more often. Which was fine as we'd one the game in the first half but we aren't good enough to do that against better teams than St Johnstone. We gave the ball away cheaply a few times.

Yes, our crossing could have been better but on quite a few occasions John Sutton struggled to make it into the box, from a deeper position.

I wasn't comfortable with our second half tactics. If you give opposing teams as much space as we did then it only takes a bad refereeing decision, a deflection, an OG, whatever and you concede a goal. Its a high risk strategy.

Great result. The minute we scored our second it was never in doubt. Would have liked to have seen Gow get more match time to up his fitness. Wouldn't have taken Humphrey off but would have subbed Sutton with about 20 to go. Reynolds was excellent today and if it wasn't for Randolph we could have been 1-0 down within 1 minute. St Johnstone were poor but I don't think they will go down. Still convinced it will be the other Saints.

Big game next week. Oh how I would love to see McGhee's Mental Breakdown Season 2010-2011 take another leap forward next Saturday. Another couple of bad results for him in the league (and if we beat them I'm pretty sure their next game is Rangers at home) there will be calls for McGhee's heid.

A win next Saturday and we should be in 3rd. What an incentive.

Best moment of all from Tayside's finest was throwing the young Saints fan out for having an old fashioned rattle.

Unbelievable. The World has gone completely mad. As a very young kid I used to take my rattle to all home and away games. Mind you, it did make one hell of a noise! Football as a spectator support is on it’s last legs if they are chucking out people for waving a rattle.

Would the last one to leave, please turn out the light.