St Johnstone (a) 9/11

steelboy

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from the opening 90 seconds it was a stroll in the park. Blackman's goal was a cracker and good work by Jamie Murphy for the second. Probabaly could have went up another gear in the 2nd half and got another goal or 2 but more than content with the victory. Decent performance against a very poor St Johnstone side. Mon the Well!

good result and win today but to be honest it's probably the easiest 3 points we'll get away from home this season.

it turns out the team half the board are tipping to be dark horses for the top six are shite. they had two chances in the first few minutes then never threatened again after we scored, we should probably have got a couple more but we were never in any danger.

good performances from everyone but i reynolds was my motm, he had parkin in his back pocket, his distribution was excellent and he broke out of defence a few times. the other 3 at the back strolled it, randy earned his money in the first 5 minutes, lasley and jenno bossed the midfield and the front 4 looked dangerous. blackman was in and out the game but when he was in it he looked superb, if he keeps improving we'll have a player on our hands.

a good days work :)

Humphrey is getting the early votes on the MotM poll, guessing his distribution was better today?

Thoughts on Gow please?

He did well running at Grainger but his crossing was woeful again with them either going for throw ins or out for a goal kicks. Other than distribution he was good.

Gow just came on for the final 2 minutes.

Yeah, had the beating of Grainger every single time. A world class "Cruyff" like turn in the first hand was followed up by a cross straight into the empty stand.

Although, on the whole his crossing was better than usual and a few dangerous balls in the box, with no-one there to attack.

Between him and Reynolds for MotM, imo.

Based on what I've just read in the poll thread by his biggest fan I suggest you may have to defend that statement going forward buddy.

I only have one vote, but impressed never the less with his game today, he was not a stand alone hero, but well worth my vote and im sure he will get a few more later. Good to see he is adding some trickery into his game, better luck next time. Overall the whole team done well enough to beat a below par opposition.

Well done.

He did well running at Grainger but his crossing was woeful again with them either going for throw ins or out for a goal kicks. Other than distribution he was good.

Gow just came on for the final 2 minutes.

I thought his distribution was better today and stated that in the MOTM thread, one or two poor crosses (especially the one after the great control from a 40 yard pass and stunning turn!) but correct me if i'm wrong crossing the ball isn't the only part of distributing the ball is it?

not long back & well done the team for a good result today. defended really well i thought :D imo the "sports/smoke" canister incident was well out of order. they let it off with our goalie directly in front of them & as it took several mins for the reddish smoke to clear if st j had been on the attack who is to say if it would have troubled our goalie poor show, sorry. also my husband & my son,s pal have asthma so it was also uncomfortable for them. by all means have fun but put some common sense into it please you lads put a lot into the backing of the team so keep that side going. again, well done the team

not long back & well done the team for a good result today. defended really well i thought :D imo the "sports/smoke" canister incident was well out of order. they let it off with our goalie directly in front of them & as it took several mins for the reddish smoke to clear if st j had been on the attack who is to say if it would have troubled our goalie poor show, sorry. also my husband & my son,s pal have asthma so it was also uncomfortable for them. by all means have fun but put some common sense into it please you lads put a lot into the backing of the team so keep that side going. again, well done the team

wear a mask

A comfortable win and you had the feeling we could've stepped up a couple gears had we wanted to.

A good first half but a very poor second one. We allowed Saints to attack us and seemed content to allow them to pepper our goal with shots, which fortunately were woeful.

MOTM was Chris Humphrey. Missed Steve Jennings when he had to retire.

A special word for Ian Brines - he was awful, making a string of bad decisions. A classic was when Chris Humphrey was sandwiched between and fouled by 2 opponents, who then won a foul.

Good to see Alan Gow make his debut although changes should have been made a good deal earlier, when the midfield and Jamie Murphy tired.

Hey though - a good 3 points. :D

Hammer them, Kill them, Burn them at the Fuckin' Stake!!!! At Least they tried to create some sort of atmosphere, unlike the majority of crowd, must've been a deaf/mute day out again.

The more those that create an atmosphere are frowned upon, the quicker the game dies. Simples!

On the plus side, an easy win.

Mentioned on the radio that some Well fans have vuvuzela’s. :D

No joke: A St Johnstone fan was evicted for making a noise with his wooden football rattle and another St Johnstone fan's vuvuzela was confiscated by a steward.

Not condoning the smoke canisters being set off but today's crowd control (bullying) would make the most authoritarian librarian wince. 7 police, including several traffic officers, and stewards surrounding 35 - 40 wee neds.