V Hearts 25/9/2010

dazamfc

Fecker is clearly mellowing big-time. Not so long ago you couldn't have give him a winning jackpot lottery ticket to give someone else praise.

I wonder if perhaps its because there's a friendship between him and Broon. I seem to remember him being very complimentary when we beat them at Tynecastle towards the end of last season as well and Brown has regularly used the JJ the Jambo line in pre and post game interviews.

Whatever Jefferies could have little complaints today, our second half display in particular was outstanding. The result was brilliant in itself but it was heartening after recent debates about the style of play we've used, to see them produce some stuff that was really easy on the eye.

The goals were wonderfully crafted with the Hump heavily inolved in both (I notice Tartan Copper hasn't posted yet - has he exploded with excitement after the Hump's display :cheers:) but throughout the team there were lots of positive displays. Though he didn't get on the scoresheet there was lots of trickery and devilment from Murphy too, Sutty was back to his best and some right solid defending at the back.

Now to build on it and keep going in a similar vein!!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Jambos Kickback:

I'm not surprised JJ was owned by Brown. Brown's one of the two best managers in the league, and has pissed all over the SPL since joining Motherwell. His team are the best side outwith the OF: their record since he took charge is amazing.

Motherwell were very, very good today. A fast breaking team with loads of pacey, composed players. Everything we should be.

Shame because I f***ing hate that shitty little club and that shitty little manager.

From Jambos Kickback:

I'm not surprised JJ was owned by Brown. Brown's one of the two best managers in the league, and has pissed all over the SPL since joining Motherwell. His team are the best side outwith the OF: their record since he took charge is amazing.

Motherwell were very, very good today. A fast breaking team with loads of pacey, composed players. Everything we should be.

Shame because I f***ing hate that shitty little club and that shitty little manager.

Where's the link and name and shame the FHW!!!

Made up with today's result. There are precious few things in football that are better than beating the Jambo bastards in their own midden. :P

Seconded, very happy chappie tonight, love beating them there, since we came back with nae windaes in our bus when we relegated them and I was only a child

My first away game in a few years and I had a fucking great day made even better with the result. The atomsphere was ammence and the team played out of their skins to get the win they really deserved. 1 thing I didny like was the dodgy stairs and trust me to be sitting in the 2nd top row right at the end of the row when we score. The steward had to move in front of me to stop me falling. A death trap of a stadium but who cares :P

1 thing I didny like was the dodgy stairs and trust me to be sitting in the 2nd top row right at the end of the row when we score. A death trap of a stadium....

Last time I was there was the Cup game a couple of years ago and the same thing almost happened to me. Surprised that the H & S authorities haven't taken a keener interest in this issue. Still I'm sure a 2-0 win will help you get over it!

Opening and closing paragraphs from Scotland On Sunday give a nice summary.

THERE were only three problems for Hearts yesterday. Motherwell were too sharp, too smart and just too good for them. It was like watching a team from this country being picked off by a more game-savvy continental opponent.

So focused was he in his team's deficiencies, Jefferies didn't even mention a bogus penalty claim from late in the first period that had Hearts players and supporters fulminating. A mystery why, since Calum Elliot seemed to star-jump into Stephen Craigan as the paired challenge for a ball that the Irishman won as his Hearts opponent, inevitably, went sprawling. It is what happens when you throw yourself. There was nothing so gauche from Motherwell, whose attackers threaten with fleetness of foot and finesse.

Seconded, very happy chappie tonight, love beating them there, since we came back with nae windaes in our bus when we relegated them and I was only a child

I was there and I was 16.....2nd win outa 2 games that season at Swinecastle, but we didny relegate them, we stopped them bein promoted with us...almost as good :P

Delighted with that result yesterday. Didn't get to Swinecastle as I was returning from watching St Helens on Friday night, so well pleased with the text updates I got!

Now, if we can only convert our away form into results at home!

Perhaps a bit tired and overused now but I'll always associate the FHW stuff with some good, fun and memorable times.

welltrustfc.net was at the peak of its powers as a community, the club had risen from the administration troubles and we had the League Cup Semi Final coming up against the Jambos and Haggis seemed to encapsulate the mood of many with his amusing FHW tag-line at the time.

The sight of dozens of folk wandering about around Easter Road that night with FHW facepainted on their mugs with the Jambos not having a scooby what it was all about made it all the more novel at the time.

As I say perhaps much overdone now, some years later, but it'll always remind me of that fine night and a happy era supporting the Dossers.