Craig Brown Enters The 'atmosphere At Fir Park' Debate

Steve Diggle

Craigie has his say

Thursday, 30 September 2010

Brown pleads with fans

‘Well boss Craig Brown has pleaded with fans to halt the growing trend of bringing flares and smoke devises to Motherwell matches.

Following three consecutive SPL delegate reports highlighting the issue, the club are under threat of sanctions if it continues, not to mention the very real safety risk they pose to fellow fans, particularly those with breathing and respiratory problems.

The former Scotland boss said: “I must first put on record my extreme thanks to all our supporters who have backed Archie and me, along with the team, so enthusiastically since we arrived at the club last December.

“However, over recent weeks, we have seen a steady and consistent rise in the number of flares and smoke devises at our games, both at Fir Park and on our travels.

“This has given the club a real headache with the authorities, not to mention the potential safety risks it poses to people inside the stadium.

“I would ask our fans not to bring anything like this with them to games and, instead, concentrate all energies on singing, chanting and clapping for the team which will have a much more positive impact.”

Fuckin pack it in FFS

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed. Smoke bombs ain't exactly exciting, but still, i think the law goes way over the top about this. At the end of the day, if it's gonna get the club in trouble, don't do it. But still, i think it's a load of pish that you can't even bring things like the old fashioned rattles to the game anymore.

I'm old enough to have seen the television images of the fire at Bradford and for me smoke bombs have no place at football time for those who think it's fun to think again

Ridiculous comparison and you knows it...

Don't agree, but, games up for those at that end of the East Stand. Game up for the holier than thou in that respect too...

Another nail in the coffin.

Good luck Scottish football on surviving with a handful of greetin faced asthmatics coughing up £25 to watch shite each week and be told to sit down and shut up while theyre at it.

Smoke bombs FFS , hardly napalm.

TBF I don't think Smoke Bombs been fired amongst 10-50 kids creats any kind of atmosphere. It's not even close to Continental Europe where there are thousands of bouncing fans with flares and smoke bombs going off - get the thousands of fans bouncing then think of getting the flares in.

The No-Standing thing is a joke though, but there is a thread for that already.

What a ridiculous comparison to draw. The Bradford fire was attributed to a cigarette being put out in a polystyrene cup. Bringing up such a tragic and unrelated incident to try and prove a point reflects badly upon you.

I don't agree, when I'm watching a game of football and suddenly seeing smoke coming from the crowd Bradford is the first time that goes through my mind.

you might not see a link but I do

also if your so bored watch the game you feel you need to let a smoke bomb then may be you should just get a new hobby