Astro Turf Pitches At Ravenscraig.

postiejim

Why should a professional football team get a discount at a local sports centre? Surely kids, folk on low incomes or whatever are far more entitled to a discount?

the club is one of the few positive things in the town that people take pride in and promotes the area in the uk and even in europe. surely that's reason enough for the council to try and give a bit of support.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For your Christmas list why don't you ask for anti bigot pills or the bus fare to Ibrox. Humour is only possible if you understand the concept of it you twat.

I don't need anti bigot pills, a Celtic fan is a tim, a Rangers fan is a h*n, that's what I think and that's how I like it, if that makes me a bigot then I am a Motherwell bigot if there is such a thing, plus your getting a bit personal now, keyboard hardmen really piss me off, why don't you do some research and see who is using the facility in question before you make a bigger arse of yourself :thumbup:

The story i read in the sun the other day didnt make motherwell sound very good at all!

They were complaining it was too expensive to use Ravenscraig, so they were going to Toryglen.

Is that not a bit like complaining that they cant afford Messi, so they brought in Alan Gow on a short term contract instead?

Yes, but does that amount to serious abuse? Surely the club is allowed to say thats its too expensive? Customers do it all the time and take their business elsewhere. I don't think there's anything wrong in saying a product is too expensive. Surely there's more to this story than that?

Toryglen Price list

Indoor Pitches:______11 a side (2hrs)______7 a side (per hr)

SFL/ SPL Clubs ______£195.00____________£ n/a

Adult peak__________£125.00____________£52.50

Adult offpeak________£95.00_____________£26.25

Can't find price list on their website for Ravenscraig but if Posts are correct then it's £220 for the full pitch. This is £25 more but how much does it cost in fuel and time to go to Toryglen in preference to Ravenscraig!!!!

Once again it's the penny pinching at Motherwell FC that let's them down. I'm sure if they committed to a block booking then North Lanarkshire Lesiure would cut them a deal just like any other club. What rights does our club think they have at Ravenscraig? Airdrie, Albion Rovers and Clyde are all within North Lanarkshire, do they think like Motherwell and it will be OK to turn up when ever they like and demand to use the facilities!

Can't find price list on their website for Ravenscraig but if Posts are correct then it's £220 for the full pitch. This is £25 more but how much does it cost in fuel and time to go to Toryglen in preference to Ravenscraig!!!!

Once again it's the penny pinching at Motherwell FC that let's them down. I'm sure if they committed to a block booking then North Lanarkshire Lesiure would cut them a deal just like any other club. What rights does our club think they have at Ravenscraig? Airdrie, Albion Rovers and Clyde are all within North Lanarkshire, do they think like Motherwell and it will be OK to turn up when ever they like and demand to use the facilities!

Maybe you're being too quick to judge the club here. The "abuse" incident aside, no-one on this Board (as far as I'm aware) knows exactly what the root cause of the problem actually was. If, and it is an if, your comparison above is accurate then I smply can't believe that someone from the club hasn't done the same calculation and arrived at the same conclusion.

I don't think we should back the club on any issue blindly but by the same token we shouldn't put the boot in without knowing the facts.

Out of curiosity, if anyone knows precisely what the full story actually was please PM me and I'll keep it confidential.

Just out of interest, what do you contribute to Motherwell FC?

I would say not as much as much as he once did, however how much do you expect from anyone can who lives 10,000 miles away from Fir Park?

For me, living in a sunny paradise and still finding the time to sit in front of a computer to find out what's going on back home is enough. Plus I'm sure the launch of Motherwell TV in the new year will allow him to "contribute" enough that he doesn't attract more of your criticism.

Getting back to the thread, I agree with Kmcalpin, sometimes we are too quick to assume the worst or be over protective. For me this whole thing made it to light in a week with no football and no Celtic whining. If our management team were out of order then it was equally out of order for a employee of NLC to go to the press.

With respect to the chair of quango body that is NL Leisure, a councillor who for all we know was a postman, steelworker or trade unionist but I would bet almost definitely not a administrator/businessman with a track record of running a multi-million pound turnover organisation before his foray into politics. Maybe he should be looking at addressing a framework how the professional teams use the facility rather than sabre-rattling and citing over the top PC nonsense over his over-sensitive, molly-coddled, flexi-time, workshy employees.

I would say not as much as much as he once did, however how much do you expect from anyone can who lives 10,000 miles away from Fir Park?

For me, living in a sunny paradise and still finding the time to sit in front of a computer to find out what's going on back home is enough. Plus I'm sure the launch of Motherwell TV in the new year will allow him to "contribute" enough that he doesn't attract more of your criticism.

Getting back to the thread, I agree with Kmcalpin, sometimes we are too quick to assume the worst or be over protective. For me this whole thing made it to light in a week with no football and no Celtic whining. If our management team were out of order then it was equally out of order for a employee of NLC to go to the press.

With respect to the chair of quango body that is NL Leisure, a councillor who for all we know was a postman, steelworker or trade unionist but I would bet almost definitely not a administrator/businessman with a track record of running a multi-million pound turnover organisation before his foray into politics. Maybe he should be looking at addressing a framework how the professional teams use the facility rather than sabre-rattling and citing over the top PC nonsense over his over-sensitive, molly-coddled, flexi-time, workshy employees.

At last. An accurate post.

"over-sensitive, molly-coddled, flexi-time, workshy employees."

You'll have worked for a local authority then to give this view? I work for NLC and suggest that you can shadow me at work any day and then comment.

ditto i work for slc and this pish about work shy council workers is long gone i see more private company vans parked up with guys sleeping than council workers, a lot of it is down to being jealous of the perks local authority employees receive sick pay holidays etc

OK, to clarify, the paragraph referenced North Lanarkshire Leisure, not the council as a whole. Employee's who generally walk around in their shorts with a gallus swagger with a whistle in their mouth.

With respect to the question whether I'd ever worked for a council, no, however I used to be involved with recruitment to the 14 councils in the west of Scotland.

On a personal matter, I've dealt with different departments of NLC over the past few years and a fair proportion I've found have been inept and wouldn't cope outside the bubble of the public sector where its almost impossible to be fired. Needless to say there are many who do graft and put in the hours. I suppose its all down to what era you entered the public sector and when you did so in your own career. I'd suggest someone entering as a 16 year old apprentice who is now in their 40's would have a different attitude and experience compared to someone entering 5 years ago as a 35 years old.

However, none of this particular debate has anything to do with Craig and Archie and Ravenscraig. I'm more than happy to continue on Compost corner.

the staff up at ravenscraig are honestly taking the piss this week, our game is being played and whilst its on 4 young guys decide to steal a bottle of powerade from one of the trollys. we then had the assistant manager come in to us and basically said they where with the team and he was phoning the police. he then come back and accuses one of our committes boy of knowing the guys, all because he had the same coloured tracksuit as them.

he's leaving the hall when i asked him how he came to the conclusion that the boy knew them. he said well what does it matter if he knows them or not if he does hes not going to say is he. i then told him that the lad was part of our group and that the guy he had been talking to was his father he then says which team are you. takes the team name and says well im going to cancel any serial lets you have till this is sorted. i asked him if he was an idiot he just walks away. he later informs our committee that he has been verbally abused so our committee say well after the game to point out who its who abused him.

game finishes and our manager goes to get him he refuses to come in but gives the number 3 as the person who abused him (me).

he then says he now knows the guys werent with us and everything is ok.

now i know its a bit longwinded but if thats what he calls abuse then he must be a bit fragile make you think what was really said the other day tho !!!!!!

Manager sounds like a real jobsworth prick :evilgrin: