Well V Accies

Kmcalpin

Now that we've beaten Dundee United twice its time to look forward to Saturday's derby. I reckon the outcome will be heavily influenced by our injury situation. Assuming that all our casualties fail to make it (unlikely I suppose) how would you all rate this line up?

Randolph

Page Saunders Craigan Fitzpatrick

Humphrey Hately Forbes Sutton

Blackman Gow

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the first shoots of some good interplay and 1-2's between Blackman and Gow, Sutton's not convincing me that he can make the switch to midfield in times of need. Won't happen but I'd be inclined to go with:

-------------------- Randolph ------------------

- Saunders -- Craigan -- Reynolds -- Page -

---------- Jennings ------- Forbes -------------

- Humphrey (switching) -----------------------

-------------------- Gow ------------------------

------------- Sutton --- Blackman -------------

Gow as the creator, Sutton offering the aerial threat, Blackman to chase the headed flick-on's and the pace to keep up with Humphrey who I'd give a free role to switch wings so they find it hard to combat him and he can go where he has greatest impact.

In a quandary over Fitz or Forbes in midfield due to work-rate but opted for Forbes as he has much more match fitness and could get hooked if its not working out.

That is if any of the regular starters can't make it of course.

Now that we've beaten Dundee United twice its time to look forward to Saturday's derby. I reckon the outcome will be heavily influenced by our injury situation. Assuming that all our casualties fail to make it (unlikely I suppose) how would you all rate this line up?

Randolph

Page Saunders Craigan Fitzpatrick

Humphrey Hately Forbes Sutton

Blackman Gow

I'd play Page before Fitzy at LB. I'd bring Fitzy on for Forbes later on in the match when Forbes is inevitably shattered. Gow and Sutton switching is also a good idea.

Bit worried about tjis due to our injury situation. Jennings, Hammell, Murphy, and Lasley all out with Casagolda still not near a return. Should be a tight game. Will also need to keep very close to Imrie as he could cause us problems.

The truth is if we have ANY aspirations of finishing 3rd Accies is the kind of team we should be beating at home. Anything less than 3 points will be points dropped. It is just unfortunate we are heading in to the match with a few injury concerns.

Going to be positive and predict a 2-1 win for us. Blackman double with Imrie scoring for Accies.

If Jennings is out along with Lasley we will be a bit light in midfield, but i still think we will be strong enough to beat Accies, our recent record against them is good especially at Fir park. If Murphy is out it might be the time to give mcHugh ar start as he has a bit more pace up front than Sutton. The midfield could then be Humphrey, Hatley, and Gow, with Sutton playing in front of them, for an unconventional 4-3-1-2 formation

with our possible injury concerns i am going for a 2-1 win for us. on paper & league positions we will be the bookies favourites, i guess, but normally that,s when we fail to turn up. however our management duo had dispelled a few "myths" so hopefully this trend continues(eg not winning televised games, losing matches after manager of month awards etc) onwards & upwards :doh: