Well V Accies

Kmcalpin

Was I the only one who thought a Hamilton player handled the ball off the line in the second half?

Ref was awful but you can put your mortgage on the media not taking a blind bit of notice, it wasn't so much not booking the player for the foul for the penalty it was all the fouls he let the Hamilton back four get away with

As for the Well, Forbes was out of his dept and in the first half Hamilton explode this and it ended up leading to the goal, I don't blame Forbes he just was up against big and better players. As for Tom he's not a midfielder is playing out of position so of course he's going to struggle and make mistakes

The team did miss Keith and Jamie but battled hard in the second half and didn't let Hamilton break away and score.

I know Brown won't lower himself to level of Neil Lennon and start a bun fight the SFA, he seen it all before and knows it a waste of time

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was I the only one who thought a Hamilton player handled the ball off the line in the second half?

Ref was awful but you can put your mortgage on the media not taking a blind bit of notice, it wasn't so much not booking the player for the foul for the penalty it was all the fouls he let the Hamilton back four get away with

As for the Well, Forbes was out of his dept and in the first half Hamilton explode this and it ended up leading to the goal, I don't blame Forbes he just was up against big and better players. As for Tom he's not a midfielder is playing out of position so of course he's going to struggle and make mistakes

The team did miss Keith and Jamie but battled hard in the second half and didn't let Hamilton break away and score.

I know Brown won't lower himself to level of Neil Lennon and start a bun fight the SFA, he seen it all before and knows it a waste of time

That's the thing though. He sees this as his natural position when it is screamingly obvious he is a far more accomplished RB. He is one Mark Reynolds move away from being in that RB position for possibly the duration of his Motherwell career right enough.

Aye Forbes can come and play 7's with the mob I play with on a tuesday, he'd look brilliant no doubt but in the SPL he's a little boy lost. Sorry Ross loved the wee purple patch you had start of last season and scored some spectacular goals but if you can't find either a yard of pace, some sheer strength or a usable right foot you are gonna drift out of top level football sooner rather than later.

Echoing the disappointment.

A derby game is not the fixture you want to turn in one of your worst displays of the season.

Thought it was a fairly even first half to start with prior to Accies taking the lead. It was superb turn and shot from Hasseilbank and had they been a bit more composed when both Goodwin and reject Mensing blazed wide/over we could easily have found ourselves three down.

Wasn't convinced about the penalty award at the time but gratefully received nonetheless. Was a sickener then to blow the opportunity. No complaints about Hateley taking it, he hadn't missed previously but it in keeping with the first half display it was a desperate attempt at a penalty.

Pleased with the response in the second half which we completely dominated but we were really lacking in guile and struggled to break them down.

I was disappointed that we took so long to make changes and that we didn't deviate from the starting game plan. It just seemed incredible to bring on Sutton and not play him directly up front when we are chasing a game with 20 minutes left.

It perhaps takes a game like this to question some tactics and highlight the deficiencies in the team which can be overlooked or papered over when results have gone our way. We seem to have become a bit bereft of ideas and inspiration when it comes to throw-ins for example with our throw in taker, generally waiting and waiting for movement and then at best repeating the same about 10 yards further down the park.

Question marks too over the requirement to have everybody so far back at corners. Time and a place for it I think rather than as standard as seem to do. Would it really hurt to have say Humphrey loitering about between halfway and our box even in case there's a chance of a break. The whole team for example was back in the box and Mensing still found himself isolated in acres.

I'm also getting pretty pee'd watching two or three of them running and chasing after the ball like schoolboys whenever we get free-kicks in decent positions and penalties.

Ach perhaps I'm just grumpy after a shitter of a display. They do come around now and again I suppose.

A very poor day at the office, first half in particular when we were outfought and showed virtually nothing. Second half was better in terms of determination, and we did have much more pressure and chances, and if we're being honest a point would've been fair.

The missed pen was a sore one, especially before half time. It was poorly struck and showed no intelligence, considering how good Cerny is when facing a pen. Some of our free kicks and corners were poor too, back to the training ground lads.

Accies did work hard and stuck to their task, and will feel they were worth the win. However they have a nasty habit of diving, time wasting and leaving the boot in. Its then that you need a strong referee.....

.....and now on to Mr Thomson. Another inept and spineless display from this clown. Not I'm not saying that he was the sole reason we lost, that would be inaccurate and sour grapes too. However he simply allowed Accies to foul, dive, time waste and generally break up any rhythm of the second half without any punishment.

Four minutes injury time? Should've been six at least. He never once told Cerny to hurry up at goal kicks etc and did nothing to ensure the game flowed. Some of the free kicks he gave them and denied us were unfathomable, and perhaps if he'd clamped down on their 'tactics' at some stage things MAY have been different.

However as Rickoza says, its only Motherwell. Nothing will happen to him. He was shite when we played Hibs in August too, but should we go down the Shellic route or be bigger than that? Probably not worth it though is it?

Och well, on to ICT next week. Mon the Well!

Worst moment of the day- Hateley's back pass of a penalty. Second worst-Hateley and Forbes arguing over who was to take the final free kick- won by Hateley who passed it back to their keeper! The sooner these two muppets realise they have to practice and concentrate on their dead ball skills the better for all of us. Hateley cost us a point and Forbes gifted them three.

That big crapper in the black will never be a referee in a million years. Even Billy Reid was mystified at some of his decisions and if he thinks we pay money to watch keepers wasting time he mst be looking forward to watching the death throes of football in Scotland.

What about that embarrassment of a support for Accies- 4 men and a dug! Even they can see that a team like that ain't worth watching.

Thank God Jenno, Blacman and Humphrey were fit. At least they tried to make a game of it. Once again cheating won the day and so it will be practiced by the so called minnows of our shit league.

Echoing the disappointment.

A derby game is not the fixture you want to turn in one of your worst displays of the season.

Thought it was a fairly even first half to start with prior to Accies taking the lead. It was superb turn and shot from Hasseilbank and had they been a bit more composed when both Goodwin and reject Mensing blazed wide/over we could easily have found ourselves three down.

Wasn't convinced about the penalty award at the time but gratefully received nonetheless. Was a sickener then to blow the opportunity. No complaints about Hateley taking it, he hadn't missed previously but it in keeping with the first half display it was a desperate attempt at a penalty.

Pleased with the response in the second half which we completely dominated but we were really lacking in guile and struggled to break them down.

I was disappointed that we took so long to make changes and that we didn't deviate from the starting game plan. It just seemed incredible to bring on Sutton and not play him directly up front when we are chasing a game with 20 minutes left.

It perhaps takes a game like this to question some tactics and highlight the deficiencies in the team which can be overlooked or papered over when results have gone our way. We seem to have become a bit bereft of ideas and inspiration when it comes to throw-ins for example with our throw in taker, generally waiting and waiting for movement and then at best repeating the same about 10 yards further down the park.Question marks too over the requirement to have everybody so far back at corners. Time and a place for it I think rather than as standard as seem to do. Would it really hurt to have say Humphrey loitering about between halfway and our box even in case there's a chance of a break. The whole team for example was back in the box and Mensing still found himself isolated in acres.

I'm also getting pretty pee'd watching two or three of them running and chasing after the ball like schoolboys whenever we get free-kicks in decent positions and penalties.

Ach perhaps I'm just grumpy after a shitter of a display. They do come around now and again I suppose.

Been a source of annoyance for me for the last seasons. Only seem to take it when all the opposition players have readied themselves for it.

Worst moment of the day- Hateley's back pass of a penalty. Second worst-Hateley and Forbes arguing over who was to take the final free kick- won by Hateley who passed it back to their keeper! The sooner these two muppets realise they have to practice and concentrate on their dead ball skills the better for all of us. Hateley cost us a point and Forbes gifted them three.

That big crapper in the black will never be a referee in a million years. Even Billy Reid was mystified at some of his decisions and if he thinks we pay money to watch keepers wasting time he mst be looking forward to watching the death throes of football in Scotland.

What about that embarrassment of a support for Accies- 4 men and a dug! Even they can see that a team like that ain't worth watching.

Thank God Jenno, Blacman and Humphrey were fit. At least they tried to make a game of it. Once again cheating won the day and so it will be practiced by the so called minnows of our shit league.

Agreed. I want to see someone other than Hateley, Fores, or Hammell hit the next one. Step up Nick Blackman!

Accies would get fitba stopped, no wonder they have no fans. Everytime we play them,they bring us down to their level and we can't deal with it. The poorest games I have seen us in over the last few seasons have usually involved Accies. One major problem is that Reid gets them up for their biggest games of the season every time, whereas we just see it as another SPL game(which it is). It's Accies derby not ours because nae c**t really cares about them, though they have a major chip on their shoulders. Airdrie however..... any chance we could swap Accies for them?

A team of cluggers who are "professional footballers" in the loosest possible sense. Why a Serb coulndn't have taken out Thompson I don't know, shambles of a ref.

I pray for the day we hunt that imposter Hateley the Sooner the better, an absolutely diabolical excuse for a footballer, turns up for two minutes a game to take free kicks and penalties and is shite at them too. Total waste of space the sooner we get las back and get page at right back the better

aye hateley was brutal. he's never a centre mid and i think he's at best as good as saunders at right back.

i would actually pay forbes his contract up the now and tell him to go. he's due a ramsay/fagan fall through the leagues, never an spl midfielder.

why we kept on playing the long ball throughout the first i've no idea. big randy obviously likes putting his foot through it but we're just playing into accies hands, they reduced the game to a successioin of set pieces (which we're pish at). i was disapointed in jenno today, he was by no means the worst but he was the one who should have been sorting things out in midfield and dictating how we play and he just didn't do it.

aye hateley was brutal. he's never a centre mid and i think he's at best as good as saunders at right back.

i would actually pay forbes his contract up the now and tell him to go. he's due a ramsay/fagan fall through the leagues, never an spl midfielder.

why we kept on playing the long ball throughout the first i've no idea. big randy obviously likes putting his foot through it but we're just playing into accies hands, they reduced the game to a successioin of set pieces (which we're pish at). i was disapointed in jenno today, he was by no means the worst but he was the one who should have been sorting things out in midfield and dictating how we play and he just didn't do it.

Which is where he will go in January. If Lasley and Jennings are fit next week I think Hateley would benefit from a period on the bench.

I said it before the game and I'll say it now........Fitzy must be away in January. Not being an option to replace Forbes or Hateley today is not a good sign. To finish with both those players on the park at the end was a complete and utter mystery. Did we even use our 3 subs. I can only recall 2 being used.

No doubt about that mate.

But, why do we not play players to their strenghts.

Sutton - up front

Gow - just behind the front players (l.h.s.)

Spot on, Al. After Accies scored this game was made for John Sutton - physical challenges in the box against uncompromising defenders. Alan Gow is great is great on the left wing or behind the strikers. He is not a target man. Not sure that lasley or Murphy would've made much difference today - this wasn't their kind of game.

We got it wrong off the park.

bad day at the office but still a great start to the season couple of points Ross Forbes please go to the gym when you finish training or you are going to end up in the lower leagues good left foot terrible fitness and stamina

nick blackman leads the line superbly and fights for every ball he is going to end up at a higher level

Total pish football game.

Craig Brown needs to find an approach that works for home games.

Craigan's long ball pepper spray is a fuckin abomination and needs to end as of now. I've said the above about our home form all season and it looks like a few who were giving me pelters are starting to see it.

Saunders thinks he can get away with it too - learning from example.

GET THE BALL ON THE FUCKING DECK!

The midfield are getting pelters but they were being comletely missed out

We didn't have anybody in the centre forward position all game.

The service to the front guys was pish and that coupled with the fact that Thompson allowed the old bear hug tactics to go unpunished all day added to the frustration.

I mentioned it last week as well. Brown needs to replace the players that are missing with players who can play a similar game. Forbes wasn't the guy to come in for the very mobile Murphy today - it did nobody any favours. Why was McHugh not Murphy's replacement??

What was the Sutton substitution all about. We were screaming for a centre forward and we threw him on left mid.

We have players on the bench that need to be used to freshen things up - what's the fucking point of them being there.

How many times did players fight over who was hitting dead balls?

When will we sort out our piss poor throw in situation?

We gave 3 points away to a very poor pub team today when we have the players that could wipe the fuckin floor with them.

Broonie, sort it out sir!

But finally - well played Chris Humphrey!

Can someone answer this question?

When a team gets a throw in, takes the throw in, the thrower, throws the ball directly out, not going over the line, it's not deemed a foul throw and the initial thrower gets to retake the throw in again?

Craig Thompson is supposed to be one of our countries top referees, reffed at international level indeed!

He showed just why our league is the laughing stock of europe.

Inept, clueless, ineffectual, dumb, overpaid, paid off?

And no i'm not talking about our rubbish performanced today.

Craig Thompson=fucking cheat!!!

When a team gets a throw in, takes the throw in, the thrower, throws the ball directly out, not going over the line, it's not deemed a foul throw and the initial thrower gets to retake the throw in again?

Craig Thompson is supposed to be one of our countries top referees, reffed at international level indeed!

Aye that's the rule almost to the letter. If it doesn't enter play it's a retake

I'm sure the ref was correct in this instance, the ball has to enter the field of play which it never resulting in a retake.