Today's Referee

Kmcalpin

Craig Thompson was pish - i agree. But he didn't lose us the game

Totally agree, I'm not actually blaming the ref for the defeat as we were poor, what I do blame him for is for taking no action when he had the ability and opportunity to influence the game and help prevent it from degenerating into a total shambles and non event especialy in the second half.

Craig Thompson should've buried that penalty we had...oh, wait. ;)

The referee didn't miss any of the chances we had. Not his fault we didn't score.

But if blaming the referee helps then go for it, whatever makes you happy.

Hey I slag the ref when we win so at least I'm consistent. He deserves no less cos he's as consistent as I am.

Far as I understand Thompson is getting criticism for not applying the laws of the game. Denying a clear goalscoring opportunity is a sending off offence.

And also for being generaly a shite bag, if he added on the appropriate stoppage time we'd still have been there at 7 this morning (well maybe a slight exageration) ;)

the three times we've thompson this year he's been brutal. at perth he let duberry away with manhandling our strikers all game, the first day of the season he let bamba away with murder and yesterday he let canning and mclaughlin grapple blackman all game.

someone needs to tell the guy that he's an spl ref not a wwe one.

Totally agree that the referee did not lose us the match, but his totally inept display was a big factor.

1. Canning should have been Red Carded for bringing down Blackman, so after Hatley fucked up the pen we should have had an advantage.

2. Constant time wasting, diving, and blatant cheating by Hamilton was not dealt with, the sight of the hamilton player on the ground rolling in agony in the second half then peeking through open hands over his face to see if he had a free kick was embarassing. :)

3. The referee with a good view missing Imries,deliberate handball to keep Gow's header out.

4. Hamilton players kicking the ball away at every oportunity when play stopped, straight booking every time, but again no action from Thompson.

It the ref had done his job properly then hamilton could quite easily have had at least 2 if not 3 men sent off. And as shit as we were i would have fancied us to get a result against those odds.

Today's Daily Record match report form our game was almost entirely based around Thomson's incompetence. Suggested he was wrong not to send off Canning and was blind by missing the handball which, had he seen, would have resulted in Imrie also leaving the pitch.

They then go on to score him 7/10 :) It seems like the journos are trying their best to calm the reffing storm thats accumulating. They also give Iain Brines a 7/10 for the H*ns game despite reporting that he should have sent off McCulloch and Foran. :)

If the SPL/SFA official assessing Thomson isn't required to display his results and reasons to the public, then these crap refs are just going to keep plodding on, getting decent matches to ref while ballsing up more often. They're clearly not getting the training/coaching/criticism from the right places. I see that a bad score for a ref is deemed a "7.9". What the fuck do they have to do get to that score? Its only 2.1 away from perfect! Very rarely should a SPL ref ever get above a 7 in my eyes. Its almost like saying "they're all shit, so lets just lower our expectations of them and raise their scores accordingly".

BTW, I don't think Thomson lost us the game. We did that with our shit performance and CB's tactics/player choice. But Thomson had his part to play in it also.

If the SPL/SFA official assessing Thomson isn't required to display his results and reasons to the public, then these crap refs are just going to keep plodding on, getting decent matches to ref while ballsing up more often. They're clearly not getting the training/coaching/criticism from the right places. I see that a bad score for a ref is deemed a "7.9". What the fuck do they have to do get to that score? Its only 2.1 away from perfect! Very rarely should a SPL ref ever get above a 7 in my eyes. Its almost like saying "they're all shit, so lets just lower our expectations of them and raise their scores accordingly".

would it not be something like section 7, article 9 rather than out of ten?