Harlaw Park

Special aka

Actually now I think about it, in the past when this has happened the game has been played on the next Cup date. So it might mean it's rescheduled for Sat the 7th Feb and we play our 4th Round game with the 5th round match moved to next available midweek spot. So its either the 27th/28th or straight to 7th Feb.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, basically as of right now, and on the suggestion there is no + temperatures then this game is going to be off?

Percentage wise, obviously hard to say at the moment, the likelihood of this game going ahead next Wed?

I have 3 days off next week in order to make this match, and don't particularly want to waste them if this game is going to be off.

Also, if there is going to be a postponement, when do you think the game will get pulled? Will it be the Tuesday or Wednesday itself?

Andy J - is there any word if Aberdeen will again send over their covers and their groundstaff in the the run up to the rescheduled game?

I would assume they are back at Pittodrie with Aberdeen playing Celtic on Sunday but if they were to do the decent thing and allow Inverurie to use the covers again and get them down before the ground freezes then perhaps that might make a difference?

If that fails I'm wondering if they'll go with the Monday night, the 26th. I seem to remember either the Lochee v Ayr or perhaps its was even Inverurie themselves that had to attempt a Monday night.

It might just be another of those urban myths but I also seem to remember seeing something about there being a rule of having to make 2 attempts per midweek to get a game played after a couple of postponements.

Clearly we all hope it goes ahead next Wednesday but if not any word the club could give us would be a big help in terms of organising further changes in leave.

SFA Cup Competition Rules - 28.....

SFA

If, in either case, a tie is still undecided, clubs are required to make two attempts to

replay the tie in succeeding mid-weeks until a decision is reached. These attempts

will be made on Mondays and Wednesdays. Clubs may however elect to play on a

Tuesday rather than a Monday, but if doing so, will be required to play or replay on

the Wednesday of that midweek in the event of a draw or a postponement. Cup

Competition replays will have priority over league matches either scheduled or

re-scheduled except in exceptional circumstances and by agreement of the Board.

As much as it would be a good trip and Im looking forward to it, I wish they would just play the game at Fir Park and get it out the bloody way. Were going to win either way and it gives this wee diddy team a chance to play on a SPL park! That leaves everyone happy!

I'm looking forward to the away day out, even if it is mid-week now. Just really hope it can be played next week otherwise everyone is gonna start getting pissed off. Folk trying to get time off work/the team and staff/and Inverurie of course. From the sounds of it - the whole town was looking forward to the game.

i dunno man, you can't beat a wee away trip to a wee diddy team's ground! The banter's usually brilliant. Looking forward to seeing how they plan on cramming 500 well fans on a grass bank behind the goal :lol:

I've a funny feeling i'm gonna end up blootered!

i dunno man, you can't beat a wee away trip to a wee diddy team's ground! The banter's usually brilliant. Looking forward to seeing how they plan on cramming 500 well fans on a grass bank behind the goal :lol:

I've a funny feeling i'm gonna end up blootered!

Sailor Jerry's all round? :P

As much as it would be a good trip and Im looking forward to it, I wish they would just play the game at Fir Park and get it out the bloody way. Were going to win either way and it gives this wee diddy team a chance to play on a SPL park! That leaves everyone happy!

It's posts like that that end up coming back and biting you on the arse.

Thats just asking for someone tae sneak right up on ye when ye least expect it and slap you round the face wae a smelly fish!!!

If we win 6-0 then its just expected, if we win 1-0 then we leave happy but the toilet on the bus will be well used as our arse's lets go!! On paper we cant lose but your talking about a game played on whats one step up from a public park, on a freezing cauld Wednesday night after it's been raining and snowing the previous three days against a team that have nothing to lose as this IS their final and its in front of 2000 locals who were all last spotted in the final scene of the Wickerman movie......

I will be happy just to get the match played and onto the next round :lol::P

So basically we on to Mon 26th then Wed 28th then Mon 2nd and so on if its off on Wednesday. That one would be problematic for me but not impossible but its probably more problems than its worth. Though I'll be holding onto my ticket in case its rearranged again until its played even if it means I don't get the money back.

Temperature looks not bad for next few days but Rob Merchant of Doom McElwee said the cold stuff will be returning after the storms on Sunday - sounds concerning!

and its in front of 2000 locals who were all last spotted in the final scene of the Wickerman movie......

I will be happy just to get the match played and onto the next round :whistling::evilgrin:

There's some scenes in that film we'd all have been hapy to appear in!

If we can't get it played on wednesday I'm stuffed as I'm off on holiday the next week. Just when I've organised the time off work as well - so much for the early forecasts suggesting it was going to be ok.