Harlaw Park

Special aka

Now that the Hearts game is out of the way I am really looking forward to this one - however I've still got a bit of doubt in my mind that it will actually go ahead.

Not sure if I'd manage to get time off for the re-arranged game , fingers are crossed.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Going to be driving up on saturday. Is there a car park for visiting supporters considering the amount of away support that will normally attend a highland league gameand if not will parking become a problem?

If the game is called off. What dates have been put a side for re-arranged ties?

Going to be driving up on saturday. Is there a car park for visiting supporters considering the amount of away support that will normally attend a highland league gameand if not will parking become a problem?

If the game is called off. What dates have been put a side for re-arranged ties?

I dont know if there's a special car park for this game, if so it'll be a first, but then for Locos this whole experience is a first. Usually parking's just along Harlaw road and the side streets, but then usually we have 500 not 2500 fans. Not sure if the polis will be preventing parking on Harlaw road for this game. We dont normally have segregation for HFL games, and the gate you boys will be going into at the bottom of the ground only gets used for cup ties v league opposition.

Any postponement or replay is scheduled for Tuesday 20th Jan.

I have been dreading it since the draw. Even more so now since we've began to pull a run of results oot the bag

Whit!! :whistling:

I'm buzzin' like a broken fridge!! 4 hour bus journey to get seshed. Day oot in a random wee toon. Watch Motherwell in a tiny wee park with the potential to score half a dozen goals!!!

Nothing to dread there!!!

Although - I am getting less confident the game will go ahead, however the first two points above will just heve to do!!

I dont know if there's a special car park for this game, if so it'll be a first, but then for Locos this whole experience is a first. Usually parking's just along Harlaw road and the side streets, but then usually we have 500 not 2500 fans. Not sure if the polis will be preventing parking on Harlaw road for this game. We dont normally have segregation for HFL games, and the gate you boys will be going into at the bottom of the ground only gets used for cup ties v league opposition.

Any postponement or replay is scheduled for Tuesday 20th Jan.

Cheers!

We play dundee united on the sunday so if the game had to be re-scheduled due to postponement or a replay :whistling: then it might be a problem. No sure if Motherwell would allow 1 day between both games.

Looking forward to it all the same. Hope the pitch is playable come saturday.

We play dundee united on the sunday so if the game had to be re-scheduled due to postponement or a replay :whistling: then it might be a problem. No sure if Motherwell would allow 1 day between both games.

Hmm, yes sounds tight, but the info on the highland league website does have 7.45 on Jan 20th at either Harlaw or Fir Park as the next date for our tie at the moment. Maybe you're not too bothered as you'll win at the first attempt up here or if postponed you can rest most of your first team anyway??? Who knows. :evilgrin:

We dont normally have segregation for HFL games, and the gate you boys will be going into at the bottom of the ground only gets used for cup ties v league opposition.

Is there another access gate ? Ground looked pretty land-locked to me. I had assumed we'd all access thru the turnstyles at the top of the hill.

Anyway ......... I do hope the game is on and that you and yer mates enjoy your big day out.

Here's hoping for an exciting cup-tie and plenty of goals. :rolleyes:

There will be separate turnstiles for home and away fans. Or at least, thats what happened v Airdrie & East Fife. There's a gate in the corrugated iron fencing which gets used as the away entrance. Previous capacities have been set at 2200 I think so with this at 2500 I wouldnt hold out too much hope for any hypothetical away fans in the home end being able to shuffle into the away end I'm afraid. We're gonna be packed in there like sardines. It was bad enough with 2200 v Aberdeen earlier this season.

Tickets have gone to corporates etc so maybe that leaves 1700 for home fans, of whom only about 600 could be considered regulars. Bearing in mind the average age of a Locos fan is probably the late forties to early fifties, I dont think you've got much to fear by mixing with us locals! And you can normally hear a pin drop in matches so please dont make too much noise!!

If I was a hypothetical Well fan in the home end I'd probably walk to the far end of the covered terracing that's in front of you as you enter, and stand by the partition between the two sets of fans.

And can I apologise in advance for the fact the the view from your end is pretty sh*te.

nothing to apologise for mate, It is all part of the day out.

This is what the Scottish cup is all about, getting to travel to a place you don't go to on a regular basis. One of my best days ever as a well fan was the invasion of Stranraer, what a day out that was.

here's hoping the game is on and another invasion can take place

Lee

Whats the chances of getting into the Royal British Legion Club?

No idea. If I was you I'd stick with Edwards or the Butchers Arms by the town square.

- edit, the legion's on the roundabout between north street and west high street I think.

if it's anything like the Butchers Arms on George St, it'll be rubbish! :woop:

P.S nice and mild up here this morning, with a forecast of 10C tomorrow in the north east, game will be going ahead by the looks of things.

Expect a strong wind though, wrap up! (and no, I'm not having a curry tonight...)

an ILWFC insider wrote elsewhere last night :

Although the covers are down, kindly laid down by AFC Ground staff, please note there was still some frost in the ground at point of going down so it is not certain there will be a game

Club Secretary a qualified Ref is maintaining regular dialogue with Match Referee and given heavy frosts past few nights inc last night, it is fair to say club is doing everything feasibly possible

Covers will be lifted early Saturday morning and hopefully the forecasted temp figures of 10 degrees holds true. If an official inspection is required it will take place probably between 10-11 Sat am

Temperature currently at -2 degrees, 25 hours to go until the inspection :woop: