Harlaw Park

Special aka

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like all there best chances and the goals came from free kicks and they like to get the ball right into the box and take there chance from that. Now thats been a weakness of ours this season and its a lottery when you pack all those bodies into the box and fire it in!!!

Saying that, they definetly look a bit chaotic at the back and I can't see how we can fail to put at least a few past them. Be interesting to see how they line up and do they concentrate on just trying to stop us from scoring or play us at our own game with 2 or 3 upfront and go for the win!!!

Andy J - whats your normal style of play?

Andy J - whats your normal style of play?

Why, do I stand a chance of getting a game? :P

Style of play? Are the Locos supposed to have one? This is the highland league FFS. Honest to god, up and at 'em, take no prisoners, skill optional. The worse the pitch the better. :blush:

Style of play? Are the Locos supposed to have one? This is the highland league FFS. Honest to god, up and at 'em, take no prisoners, skill optional. The worse the pitch the better. :blush:

Andy I like it, you should apply for the managers job!!!

Sounds just like us and we manage it in the SPL! :P

I would take a 1-0 win right now, no problem. The Utd game means hee-haw in terms of this one. In fact, nothing does. Our pampered pros travelling up there to play on a wee tight pitch, probably in heavy wind and rain, against a team of hardened Highlanders playing in the biggest game of their lives? Might not be as easy as we think.

However, I thought we'd lose yesterday so that shows what I know!

Frazzle

I know it's a cup game, and the pitch, wind, etc are all in the mix, but compare this. Forfar cracked six past Forres. Inverurie then scraped a 2-1 win against the same. We do it professionally, then this game should be no hurdle at all. There would be no excuse good enough for anything other than a solid, convincing win here.

I absolutely agree - it would be the worst result in our history if we fail to win in Inverurie. However, in football, especially in the conditions that we're likely to be playing in, anything could happen. I wouldn't go as far as to say I was worried, but I'm not going to be smug in advance.

Frazzle

They have a reserve game scheduled at home to Buckie tonight, so we'll see how that goes, maybe they'll scrap it to keep the pitch covered?

That game has just been switched to Buckie, presumably to keep the pitch in top notch for Locos' free flowing fitba on Wednesday. :whistling:

The free-flowing fitba from Locos would suit us more than the up-and-at-'em style most of us expect!!

Thanks again for the info Andy, keep it up! Hope to see you on Wednesday.

Stating the obvious but all we can do is cross our fingers and wait and see.

Different media seem to have different forecasts. Scotland Today had snow drifting south east rather than north east and the BBC don't have any snow forecast for Inverurie at all!

I've been keeping an eye on the BBC forecast for Inverurie for example over the last few days and it seems to change every few hours. I think I've seen everything from snow, rain, sleet and sunshine predicted for every day between Saturday and Wednesday.

Now sitting at sunshine for both Tuesday and Wednesday for what its worth.

As I say, fingers crossed and wait and see.

That game has just been switched to Buckie, presumably to keep the pitch in top notch for Locos' free flowing fitba on Wednesday. :lol:

Mair than a few on here would be partial to a bit of buckie of a night too :thumbup:

Weather looking ok

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/gr/...st_weather.html