Inverurie - 28/1/09 - Postponed

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it's 9c in Inverness today, so i'm convinced the game could've gone ahead if they'd given it the chance

How many miles away again are you? Over 100? ie: almost the same as us?

Inverness also being at the coast, which is always considerably warmer.

How many miles away again are you? Over 100? ie: almost the same as us?

Inverness also being at the coast, which is always considerably warmer.

Plus, as has been said before, it'll take more than just one day of good temps for the pitch to thaw sufficiently for the game to go ahead.

Havent checked what the temperature is outside but it looks pretty mild to me. I suppose the question is whether the ground itself has thawed out, but the most recent pics I saw had the pitch fully covered. Its all irrelevant now anyway.

Thing is, it seems to me that the ground is deemed to be guilty until proven innocent. They have 3 checks before any game and if there's any doubt at any of the inspections they call the thing off. Better safe than sorry and all that. And with a 9am inspection, what chance does it ever stand?

Fingers crossed that we dont get to the 7th time lucky that the Lochee-Ayr match had, but we'll see.

Given the projected weather forecast for Sunday and into next week, I doubt we'll get the tie played next week.

Have to remember also that while day-time temps may rise to the tropical heights of Inverness's 9degs, by 20:00hrs it's f-f-f-f-f-f-f freezin again.

Afternoon kick-off a possibility ? If no go next Mon or Wed, does that mean a reschedule to the Sat 7th Feb ?

Thinking it will be the 7th we will end up getting this played. I just don't see it being next Monday or Wednesday. Probably suit more folk for it to be on the Saturday, but disappointing that assuming we go through we will lose the Saturday home tie. I'm guessing the St Mirren game would have to be played a Tuesday/Wednesday night?

i've been working in aberdeen this week, altho very pleasant during the day, clear but skies and mild, it was baltic the time 7/8 o'clock came. every morning the car was frozen and the ground was rock hard.

a 9am pictch inspection will never get passed IMO. i can only hope it gets played between now and the 7th. if it doesn't, i'm away for a month down south after that, which means i'll probably miss the St.Mirren game unless my work fly me back up! (as if thats going to happen!)

i'm all for the romance of the cup, and cant wait for this tie to get played, but it is getting increasingly frustrating trying to organise/cancel time of work and the boss aint too pleased.

i've been working in aberdeen this week, altho very pleasant during the day, clear but skies and mild, it was baltic the time 7/8 o'clock came. every morning the car was frozen and the ground was rock hard.

a 9am pictch inspection will never get passed IMO. i can only hope it gets played between now and the 7th. if it doesn't, i'm away for a month down south after that, which means i'll probably miss the St.Mirren game unless my work fly me back up! (as if thats going to happen!)

i'm all for the romance of the cup, and cant wait for this tie to get played, but it is getting increasingly frustrating trying to organise/cancel time of work and the boss aint too pleased.

Must be a right p!sser for you then. Actually working up in Aberdeen with a 'Well cup tie to be played right on yer doorstep and the chances are - yer no gonnae see it :wacko:

Here ye are.......

TheShun....

pitch2_682x400_721174a.jpg INNES FIX ... Locos chief Steve hears game is off again

MARK McGHEE wants Motherwell's Scottish Cup clash against Inverurie Locos switched to Fir Park IF the frost continues to bite hard in the Highlands. Well's fourth-round showdown with Dave Cormie's minnows was postponed for a fourth time yesterday. The SFA insist there are no plans to step in and move the game. But SunSport understands they WILL look at possible alternative venues if the match hasn't been played by February 7 — the scheduled date for fifth-round ties. Pittodrie has been suggested as a neutral venue for the match, but McGhee wants it switched to Fir Park. The Well boss revealed: "No one has contacted us and told us they have three more chances to stage the game. "Anyway, I'd object to the game being switched to somewhere like Pittodrie. "There is a cost associated with that and both clubs would lose out. "Given we have already spent money on this, if the tie can't be played in Inverurie then I think it should be played at Fir Park, nowhere else." A pitch inspection yesterday morning showed Harlaw Park was still frozen and the match has been rescheduled for next Monday night. McGhee added: "My understanding is it doesn't get moved and they will keep trying until it gets played. Maybe the rule has to be looked at, though, because the situation is now causing us a problem. "We're not getting our knickers in a twist, we're quite relaxed about it. "We understand this is a club from the backwater, and I don't mean any disrespect by that, and therefore they can't offer the pitch protection we should be able to offer. "Anyway, we are the last people who should be complaining when a game gets called off. "But we need the rules to protect us, rather than us making waves." Both sides are anxious for the Cup clash to take place as soon as possible, with St Mirren lying in wait for the eventual winners. McGhee said: "It's extremely annoying. "On Tuesday we had to tell the lads they were training for a game on Wednesday night. It's difficult keeping the players in the right frame of mind."

I'd be sceptical of it going ahead next week. The best forecast I can find for the week ahead has it nice and cold:

Here is a summary of the NWP output for noon on Monday.

Issued 0543, 29th January 2009

The outlook today is a wintry one. An upper cold pool will move westwards

towards the UK on Monday but there are uncertainties to its exact track and

depth. It's likely there'll be snow, however, especially in southern areas

of the UK. Areas further north are at lesser risk but it all depends on the

track of that cold pool.

During Tuesday the cold pool will stall as trough disruption occurs to the

west. If it stalls over the UK (MetO/GFS), further snow is likely. There's a

moderate risk of milder air coming in to the SE of the UK for a time,

turning any snow back to rain.

For Wednesday onwards, the pattern remains cold. It's likely the winds will

back NE'ly or NNE'ly, drawing in further snow showers for eastern and

northern areas in particular.

If the game is off on Monday, this suggests it won't happen anytime soon....

In summary...

The outlook today is a wintry one. An upper cold pool will move westwards towards the UK on Monday but there are uncertainties to its exact track and depth. It's likely there'll be snow, however, especially in southern areas of the UK. Areas further north are at lesser risk but it all depends on the track of that cold pool.

During Tuesday the cold pool will stall as trough disruption occurs to the west. If it stalls over the UK (MetO/GFS), further snow is likely. There's a moderate risk of milder air coming in to the SE of the UK for a time, turning any snow back to rain.

For Wednesday onwards, the pattern remains cold. It's likely the winds will back NE'ly or NNE'ly, drawing in further snow showers for eastern and northern areas in particular.

As ever in these situations, it's best to stay tuned to the media forecasts as details of precipitation amounts and locations will change right up to the last minute.