St Mirren Vs Motherwell Nov 20th Thread

David

An away game to St Mirren is next on the 'Well agenda this coming Saturday.

After the carry-on over offside goals and needless bookings at Easter Road last weekend i'm a bit more optimistic about this game.

3 points would put us right back on track for third place, and with Hearts at home to Accies I think we'll be needing them to keep in touch with them, especially seeing as we are playing them at Fir Park a week on Sunday live on Sky.

Inverness are at home to Hibs, so hopefully we can see them dropping something this weekend as well.

Any opinions on the line-up, tactics etc?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always think we'll lose but for Easter Road I actually thought we might get something from it! That's the last time I do that!

I always hate games against St Mirren as they are a terrible team, yet one we nearly always struggle against.

Randolph

Hateley Craigan Reynolds Hammell

Humphrey (hopefully) Lasley Jennings Gow

Murphy Blackman

We should win this one but I'm not holding my breath.

If St Mirren set out to defend like they did against Celtic yesterday, we'll struggle, as we've shown time and again that we can't break down that sort of team. If they go out to win, which you'd hope they would at home, we're bound to catch them on the break a few times, and then it's just a matter of whether our strikers are having one of their good days or one of their off-days.

19-1 to motherwell with six red cards. A full house, 5.000 well fans and a astounding atmosphere.

Its that good the sfa give motherwell 20 points for the win.

Its going to be a great weekend for motherwell. On Sunday a wealthy well fan leaves motherwell £1 billion to spend on players.

He also leaves everyone at the st Johnston game £100,000 each.

Seriously though 1-0 to the well. Blackman in the last minute

If we put the Farce which is the Scottish National coach to one side, and actually thank him for resting some of our best players, i can see us taking all three points with no real problems, all refreshed and fully rested, stick with the same team that finnished last match.

all three points. 1-3 with the Black Meister and Humphrey on the score sheet, and lets throw in Sutton. :nod:

If we are serious about finishing 3rd or 4th this season theses are the games we need to win. I think we will win, but if St Mirren put the shutters up like they did against celtic then we might struggle as we never seem able to break teams down.

Can anyone confirm if the game is all ticket or pay at the gate ?

It's been all ticket at St Mirren games as far back as when they were playing at Love Street but fortunately they've always sold tickets up to kick-off.

At the left hand side of the away stand, behind the astroturf pitches there's a wee ticket office where you can get your tickets if you can't get them from Fir Park beforehand.

As for the game itself you have to hope we get a similar reaction from the team to the one which followed the Accies defeat and they go out to right a few wrongs.

They are always awkward opponents, and our recent record over there aint great. There's no way they'll be as defensive against us as they were against both bigots, but as they showed at Fir Park they aint too bad going forward at times.

If we can (for once!) combat their physicality and direct style then we can win, but it will be far from easy. My team would be this:

Randolph

Saunders

Craigan

Reynolds

Hammell

Hateley

Jennings

Humphrey

Gow

Murphy

Blackman

A draw will be the most likely outcome, but I'm hoping our superior forwards will pinch the points for us. 1-0 Motherwell with Murphy on target.

Randolph

Hateley

Saunders

Reynolds

Hammell

Fitzpatrick

Jennings

Humphrey

Gow

Murphy

Blackman

We'll steamroller 'em

The change at centre back is to allow Cragg's groin injury to heal

Honest

I would go with that team.

randolph

saunders craigan reynolds hammell

humphrey jennings las/fitzy murphy

sutton blackman

get sutty and fitzy back in as we'll get nothing here unless we can mix it with midden. saunders is a must as well to combat higdon in the air.

let's hope we can get the three points and set up a belter of a match with hearts the following week.