Van Der Gaag

Bop

Was just reading an article there about how its 14 years to the day The Cobra scored his hat trick at Rugby Park, the same season as Van Der Gaag scored the free kick to keep us in the league. Is there anyone who has it on video somewhere that can be uploaded? Its been too long since ive seen it.

Thanks for that clip, can see my old man throwing is stick up at 1.03 when it hits the net, i missed the goal at the loo, loved they seats with no one in front of us, went to the VP club under the stand after that game and thought my old man was gay as he just wanted to kiss Van Der Gaag.

Jesus, no wonder the Dunfermline boss was arguing with Willie Young- that was an assault on Gerry B :rolleyes: .

Never an assault. Just an attempt at some DIY surgery. He was scaring the weans.....

Still remember the ball hitting the back of the net it was a pee your pants moment. Can't believe we nearly went down that year when we had The Cobra up front and The Big Shagger & The Screaming Skull at the back. Must've been a few dodgy refs around that year :ph34r:

i think m'lord was out injured for a fair bit of the season. the killie game was his 2nd game back and i remember being at the bb 7s on the night after he made his comeback in a midweek home defeat and everyone was talking about how bad he was in that game and the next week he scored a hat trick :rolleyes:

i'm still gutted i was on holiday when he got his second hat trick of the season against raith. hopefully nick the blackman can be the next well player to get two hat tricks in a season.

First time I've seen the goal. I missed this game because I was working down in Bristol but can remember I was a right grumpy c*nt all day waiting for the result! - none of my mates had mobiles so I had to wait for the full time results before I knew we were safe.

Next time I was home all my mates talked about was the wonder stike that I'd missed.

Very important goal, had it not been scored I reckon we were for the drop :thumbup:

Now that would have been some battle - and it would have been a battle in every sense of the word - had we had to play Airdrie in that play-off.

You can only speculate how it would have gone though. Airdrie were so confident they were going up after the run they had been at the time, no matter which one of us it was going to be in the play-off. But to be fair we had tonnes of experience in the team at that time and I doubt they would have been too phased by it and Airdrie didn't have Broomfield in their favour any longer which I also think would have been to our advantage.

I, too was at the game and I agree that the goal must be one of the most relevant in the club's recent history.

Was it true that the Club wrote to the Premier League to request that we played in our 'lucky away kit'? Sorry, I cannot access YT here and proxy re-routers not working for me at present. So, can't confirm we wore away or not; though memory says yes.

Anyone confirm this or not?

SD