Advertising Club Promotions, Deals Etc

CoF

The season ticket thread got me thinking....

I'm not from Motherwell so might have missed something but it doesn't seem like the club do much to advertise locally? I mean in papers, billboards, shop windows, flyering etc.

It seems like most deals, incentives etc rely on the website and word of mouth to spread. In some ways this is a bit like preaching to the converted as I'd take a guess that it's usually attenders to games that check the website regularly and word of mouth is likely to be confined to the same circles of fans.

The reason I'm thinking about this is because I wonder how many people actually know you can buy half season tickets? Seems like a great Christmas present for a 'well fan who is out of the habit of going to games, how many folk do we know that "used to go to games" that would be delighted to get this. It could be a good way to get them back in the habit.

Obviously I'm oblivious to costs here but surely a big billboard advertisement for half season tickets as you come into Motherwell would get the club right back into the consciousness of the town and swing a few more our way?

Obviously I'm oblivious to costs here but surely a big billboard advertisement for half season tickets as you come into Motherwell would get the club right back into the consciousness of the town and swing a few more our way?

Not cheap. And doubt it'd have much of an impact in terms of cost to return.

Better off with specific, targeted advertising.

I think the only people who are likely to buy the half season ticket are regular attenders to Fir Park, so they will probably

know about it anyway .i dont think many people would buy someone a season ticket without asking. So the adverts might

not bring in enough revenue to justify the cost of putting them out.

On the general point though i dont think the club advertises itself enough outwith the web site, they could probably do a

lot more locally, papers, radio etc. We need all the supporters we can get so increasing the advertising budget might be

a good move. :thumbup:

they should take that empty shop up the street on the corner opposite where the old asda was.

The last one they tried was tucked away and never seemed to be open.

You would never guess motherwll has a top flight football team. You never see anything like posters advertising games and ticket deals etc. I live 1/4 a mile from fir park and you wouldn't know there was a game on unless you follow the club.

They need to get in the lives,minds etc of the people and there not going to do that operating the way they are at the moment. You never hear anything about the club and they need to change that if they have any ambition whatsoever.

Relying on the current support isn't good enough and they should always be looking to expand the fan base. Yes they do the deals but whats the point if there not telling anyone. Mfc are to shy and needs to get into peopeles faces more.

On the general point though i dont think the club advertises itself enough outwith the web site, they could probably do a lot more locally, papers, radio etc. We need all the supporters we can get so increasing the advertising budget might be

a good move. :lol:

No need to increase the budget to get more exposure locally, just need to get the offers mentioned in the local press

I'm sure Leeann and our media team :doh: could have a word with the likes of Andrew Weston to get the offer mentioned in his good coverage of the club

Locals that read his articles because they are about MFC might not do the interweb so a mention of the half season tickets in the run up to Christmas may reap rewards

explore every avenue and all that

I'm sure Leeann and the 'Well PR team are working on promoting Motherwell FC to the public of the 'Shire, Scotland and the rest of the UK.

How about the fans and follower's of Motherwell FC who find it a wee bit difficult to attend Fir Park, never mind the away games, yes am talking about the 'Well fans that live overseas? What do we get offered? Is there an International Motherwell FC Supporters Club?

Any suggestions Leeann?

Anyone?

With the greatest respect to all the expats

I'd have thought that money is very tight around the club (and every other SPL club )for the forseeable future, so the vast majority of the clubs resources must be focussed on generating funds as well placing the club in the centre of the community to grow and as such generate future funds.

maybe you should go it alone with the formation of an International SC, think there was something the likes in the past.

BUT that would be for another thread :doh:

this one seemed to be about advertising the club

How about the fans and follower's of Motherwell FC who find it a wee bit difficult to attend Fir Park, never mind the away games, yes am talking about the 'Well fans that live overseas? What do we get offered? Is there an International Motherwell FC Supporters Club?

AndyP used to run an (unofficial) Motherwell Exiles Club...

You would never guess motherwll has a top flight football team. You never see anything like posters advertising games and ticket deals etc. I live 1/4 a mile from fir park and you wouldn't know there was a game on unless you follow the club.

To be fair, you could say that about any of the towns I've lived. If you have even a passing interest in football, you're probably going to know if there's a major club in your own town.

I'd say in this day and age, most non-regulars who are interested in going to a game are likely to check the club website first for all the information they need, so it's vital that it's easy to navigate and up-to-date, something which hasn't always been the case in the past.

I suppose the question is, what would overseas folk want from such a club? IIRC Andy used to send out newsletters, and ran a Yahoo mailing list for us, and would organise a stadium tours for us if we were visiting. But the newsletters became largely obsolete when most of us got internet access, and likewise the mailing list when forums like this one took off. What else would be of benefit to overseas members? Except Motherwell TV of course :doh:

The season ticket thread got me thinking....

I'm not from Motherwell so might have missed something but it doesn't seem like the club do much to advertise locally? I mean in papers, billboards, shop windows, flyering etc.

Now that Yazoo is on board why not have a joint promotion on a billboard with say, an action pic from Fir Park and some blurb about why are you at home? Come and see us (MFC)at home, and have a good shake! etc...Ok Advertiseing is no my expertise but it's just a suggestion?

I suppose the question is, what would overseas folk want from such a club? IIRC Andy used to send out newsletters, and ran a Yahoo mailing list for us, and would organise a stadium tours for us if we were visiting. But the newsletters became largely obsolete when most of us got internet access, and likewise the mailing list when forums like this one took off. What else would be of benefit to overseas members? Except Motherwell TV of course :)

Pity the MEC's died.

Motherwell TV :lol: Ah but who would be the commentators :doh: Been watching Arsenal and Liverpool TV sometimes here bias commentry of course.

Would be nice though...."From the greatest City in the world, Motherwell....Heres the host of the To-night Show...Numpty! :woop:

Nurse!

It is not only the club that needs to advertise Motherwell Football Club. I firmly believe every Motherwell fan can make an effort as well. Tell your friends how you enjoyed your day at Fir Park. How it is great watching young players getting their chance at Motherwell, Murphy, Saunders and the likes. I live in Livingston so it is tough for me as most people I know support the old firm but I would even go down to Motherwell centre to hand out leaflets letting people know about any offers the club had on. We all need to think outside the box and let people know Motherwell is the club to bring your family to. No more negative talk about our, yes our club. Keep it positive. :doh:

I'm sure Leeann and the 'Well PR team are working on promoting Motherwell FC to the public of the 'Shire, Scotland and the rest of the UK.

Any suggestions Leeann?

Anyone?

im overseas now and the day you leave you are no longer a fan in my eye's

ive been back for denmark,flights booked for dundee utd away,cup semi and last game of the season though

im overseas now and the day you leave you are no longer a fan in my eye's

ive been back for denmark,flights booked for dundee utd away,cup semi and last game of the season though

We still contribute to the club's bank balance, so I think we count. Once I get my season pass for Motherwell TV, I'll feel more involved again, right enough.

they should take that empty shop up the street on the corner opposite where the old asda was.

The last one they tried was tucked away and never seemed to be open.

They need to get in the lives,minds etc of the people and there not going to do that operating the way they are at the moment. You never hear anything about the club and they need to change that if they have any ambition whatsoever.

Relying on the current support isn't good enough and they should always be looking to expand the fan base. Yes they do the deals but whats the point if there not telling anyone. Mfc are to shy and needs to get into peopeles faces more.

Gid post. I've always wondered why simple stuff like plastering the town with posters isn't done more by the club. Club seems to be hidden away most of the time!