Referee's To Go On Strike

delboy

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets think about this logically without any gnashing of teeth or preconceived ideas.

Football is one of the only professional sports that does not use video technology to assist referees and officials. Because of this managers, officials, referee supervisors journalists and fans have to accept that mistakes will occur several times during every match. What used to be debated in newspapers and pubs up and down the country is analysed by whatever recording cameras are being used from the 2 cameras at minor SPL games to the 40 odd cameras at a top EPL match and there is no hiding place from a perceived mistake.

The referee has made his decision on one viewing at full speed and from whatever position he happens to be on the field of play at the time with possibly his sight being obscured by other players. I do not believe referees are biased towards any teams but I believe they are INFLUENCED significantly by for example 50,000 old firm fans screaming for a penalty at Ibrox or Parkhead as opposed to the away supports 2-400 in a small corner of the ground.

If managers, journalists and officials cannot accept that genuine mistakes are made then there is no hope for the future of refereeing here. Increased criticism just makes things worse.

I do not think that a referees strike will make any difference . What do they hope to achieve? They will still be criticised. If their job is impossible ask for help ask for any technology that will let them achieve a higher percentage of correct decisions. If referees ask for technology then surely the SFA, UEFA and FIFA have to listen.

It is my firmly held belief however that the larger the club the less they wish referees to get decisions correct and the more they wish them to be influenced by the fans.

So what am i saying?? In essence referees do their best, they are human make mistakes and are influenced by players managers fans and journalists. If everything remains the same they will continue to do so and the quality of refereeing will never improve. They will be roundly criticised by fans of every team but it is forgotten quickly unless a perceived injustice is done to one or other of the big two. Then the brown stuff hits the round swirly thing.

Help them out. make players responsible for their actions in a game. If they win a penalty by diving which is subsequently shown to be a dive ban them for a predetermined number of games. Let video technology rescind red cards but also dish out red cards. Within a few weeks of this coming in there will be a change in attitude from the players and managers and the refs will not have to face the wrath of the fans for the remainder of the game in question. have a panel made up of ex players ex refs and ex or out of work managers to view contentious problems and make a binding decision for all parties.

If there is a change in attitude of the players games, will be easier to referee and more decisions will be correct. It would be a small step in the right direction.

If we are to accept the Refs human frailties and that the errors are genuine mistakes then there has to be some way to eliminate these same "mistakes" from happening time and time again.

What need then to lie and cover up these "mistakes" ?

Perhaps there has to be a structure whereby these "Mistakes" are identified and some kind of remedial training to erradicate them exists all of which has to be done in a transparent and open manner, not covered up and hidden from the people against whom these "Mistakes" have occured.

Celtic are a poison in our society, 122 years of listening to the poor wee souls being discriminated against apart from the years when they won????? I hope the refs make their fears known and highlight where they and their families have been threatened, strike and all the other clubs sue the Celtic for loss of earnings, nothing absolutely nothing will appease this mob, the answer is staring them in the face. LEAVE, go to Dublin, win the title every year, be in Europe every year, have 100,000 fans singing "folk songs" without restraint, in the process put Rangers out of business, solve Scotlands sectarian problems, it makes sense! please LEAVE!

Celtic are a poison in our society, 122 years of listening to the poor wee souls being discriminated against apart from the years when they won????? I hope the refs make their fears known and highlight where they and their families have been threatened, strike and all the other clubs sue the Celtic for loss of earnings, nothing absolutely nothing will appease this mob, the answer is staring them in the face. LEAVE, go to Dublin, win the title every year, be in Europe every year, have 100,000 fans singing "folk songs" without restraint, in the process put Rangers out of business, solve Scotlands sectarian problems, it makes sense! please LEAVE!

:thumbup:

The situation is getting farcical, I had a day off work today and watched the events of the day on Sky Sports news, live at hampden and to be honest the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing, George Peat was a gibbering baffoon and to cap it all off an inteview with Sean Maloney appears with him bleating about the decision that went against his 2 footed tackle that led to Dundee Unt free kick from where they scored, he reckons the ref was always going to give the decision against him after the last two weeks events. Now that interview said to me, this club wants all decisions to go for them and none against, funny how the little shit went over so easy to win a penalty at Fir park and get a fellow professional sent off. I hope Sauders had a dig at him about it at the Scotland get together and told him he was a wee cheating tosser.

Well, let them strike.

they are not our referees. The SPL have a contract with the SFA to provide them with officials for their matches. If the SFA fail to provide them then the SPL sues them for breach of contract. The SFA would need to re-emburse the clubs for lost revenue.

has anyone asked the refs what they actually want?

i was thinking today that no refs from other countries would 'cross the picket line' but i forgot how corrupt the welsh fa are. considering they basically let cardiff and swansea away with murder it's no suprise that they'd fuck our refs over for a bit of dough.

sueing the sfa is a completely idiotic idea. i don't think uefa would look very kindly on it and if the sfa wanted revenge they could just ban every spl club from europe for 3 years.

The referee has made his decision on one viewing at full speed and from whatever position he happens to be on the field of play at the time with possibly his sight being obscured by other players. I do not believe referees are biased towards any teams but I believe they are INFLUENCED significantly by for example 50,000 old firm fans screaming for a penalty at Ibrox or Parkhead as opposed to the away supports 2-400 in a small corner of the ground.

For me this is the whole crux of the issue that the view of the game can be obstructed whereas the fans etc have a much better view, either from the stands or on TV so the mistakes can be a lot more obvious to them. Video technology imho would help and has been successfully used in rugby. Although it is a different game, technology can be adapted.

The situation had become out of order, especially when the death threats against officials' families were made.

In my eyes the blame here should be shouldered by Lennon and Reid, and Celtic should have action taken against them for bringing the game into disrepute as other teams probably would be.

Just watched the Peat press conference on the BBC website. What a spineless fecker he is. This fight with the refs is not Scottish footballs - it's Celtics. Peat came out with some nonsense about not wanting to personalise things by naming individuals. Why not? We all know why this started and we all know it's one club that have brought us to this point. Peat should have just come out and said Celtic/Lennon/Reid get a fucking grip, stop moaning and get on with it.

The situation is getting farcical, I had a day off work today and watched the events of the day on Sky Sports news, live at hampden and to be honest the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing, George Peat was a gibbering baffoon and to cap it all off an inteview with Sean Maloney appears with him bleating about the decision that went against his 2 footed tackle that led to Dundee Unt free kick from where they scored, he reckons the ref was always going to give the decision against him after the last two weeks events. Now that interview said to me, this club wants all decisions to go for them and none against, funny how the little shit went over so easy to win a penalty at Fir park and get a fellow professional sent off. I hope Sauders had a dig at him about it at the Scotland get together and told him he was a wee cheating tosser.

This is what comes of having 3 governing bodies why do we need all those wee grey men ?

:wallbash:

Feck them! £800 to (work) for 90mins on a Sat, and cant take it when they get shouted at for one of the many mistakes in every game!! Now we as a club stand to lose money from Sundays game. CB got it spot on again in my view why should any team that has done no wrong in this be punished? I have seen some awful games this season and have had to pick them when I had the money to go, but this again shows how out of touch these people at the top of our game are when this is going on.

1. F**K them bring in some more refs and if they don't want the work give me a rule book and I'll learn. £800 a week is alright in my book.

2. Fine Celtic for loss of earnings if anybody ever has the backbone to admit thats why we have a strike on our hands

3. Fine Lennon for his wee boy picked on at school pish. The bullies are the ones that make the most noise, mum tell him, he hit me boo hoo (tosser) :wank:

4. Tell Dr. J. Reid that he has made a living out of telling lies and he never lost his job over it, so why expect anybody else to?

5. Next time Rangers and Celtic want to look into moving to England or anywhere else, phone me I will gladly pack all the bastards bags and run them to the airport with the Refs for cabin crew.

Our game is F**KED and we keep being asked to put our money in week after week. Stand up Motherwell and every other "wee" team in Scotland and sort this pile of shite out!

START THE REVOLUTION POWER TO THE FANS!! The only ones who matter.

Let's not forget that both sides of the weegies are paranoid:just last season Sir Weasel basically accused a linesman who dared rule out fatboy Boyds goal against the 'well of being a cheat

Not too long ago Levein&Dundee Utd had some preposterous decisions against them when playing the H*n

They both get a huge majority of borderline decisions in their favour,solely due to their large supports foaming at the mouth&claiming for everything

Any team outwith the weegie filth could relate tales of refs being swayed by the "big two"

On newsnight Scotland Graham Spiers (Known to be a H*N) hit the nail on the head, Integrity FC have been handed a golden opportunity with which to attack the SFA for what it percieves as bias against them, and the Honourable ? Dr. Reid and Neil Lennon are like a Rabid Ginger dog with a bone and will not cease until they give the SFA a bloody nose .

It does seem more and more likely that Dougie Dougie Dougie will be the sacrificial lamb thrown to them, perhaps had they been more forthright in their punishment of Mr McDonald in the first place this could have been avoided.

In Short the blame for this farce lies firmly down kerrydale street, and to a lesser extent the corridors of power at hampden.

The refs are pish and have been for ever - but they're pish for everybody.

Celtic should be nuked for the antics of Reid, Lennon, Hooper Maloney et al

& the criticism has gone way too far with these chumps and the refs are quite right to take the steps they have taken.

I'd be disappointed if foreign refs broke the picket line.

I'm hoping that this is the catalyst to improve our lot - it certainly cant get any worse than it is.

Explanation of decisions

No neddy confrontations from ginger terrorists

No disgraced lying bastard war criminal chairmen fanning the flames

no conspiracies

a commitment from the refs to improve consistency and the flow of the game

and i wouldn't shed a tear for dallas or mcdonald getting punted

One more thing - When the fuck will someone take that c**t Peat out with a bullet?