Referee's To Go On Strike

delboy

Just seen this on P&B and thought it funny as....

Go complain,Go Complain

If you're a Tim,It's no sin ,just Go Complain

If you think they're cheating,just start you're greeting

And you'll thank your stars that you chose to Go Complain

Go Complain,Go Complain

You're green and white and playing shite,so Go Complain

You'll be berated and fucking hated

So there's no change there ,just sulk and Go Complain

Go Complain,Go Complain

You might be ginger and a whinger,but Go Complain

If when refereeing,with you,they're not agreeing

Throw your toys out the pram ,get yur maw and Go Complain

Resized to 95% (was 604 x 463) - Click image to enlargego-compare.jpg

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets nor forget Walter Smith a few months ago as good as called linesman a cheat after he dared give 2 decisions against them

Levein also lost the rag after several ridiculous decisions against Dundee Utd a few years back

Celtic may be at the centre of this situation at present,but there have been many clubs&managers who have questioned refs integrity down the years

And who can forget Gannongate...

SCOTTISH football's head of refereeing Hugh Dallas last night angrily replied in his escalating row with Jim Gannon, accusing the Motherwell manager of questioning his "honesty and integrity" and making "unnecessary" attacks on match officials. Former Fifa referee Dallas, now the Scottish Football Association's head of referee development, issued a withering statement in which he denied Gannon's claims he had ignored correspondence from the Fir Park manager complaining about refereeing bias.

Dallas said: "After days of intense media attention, caused by an unwelcome level of personal criticism and vilification, I feel I have no alternative but to respond in the hope that the focus can return to football.

"I am astonished by the personal attacks made by Jim Gannon, which have questioned my honesty and integrity, and wish to set the record straight on the chain of events that have created an air of tension and negativity.

Lets nor forget Walter Smith a few months ago as good as called linesman a cheat after he dared give 2 decisions against them

Levein also lost the rag after several ridiculous decisions against Dundee Utd a few years back

Celtic may be at the centre of this situation at present,but there have been many clubs&managers who have questioned refs integrity down the years

Levein was right to loose the rag on that occasion. In that Ibrox game there was two or three decisions all going against Utd (and for Rangers) that were at best sheer incompetence from the referee and there was a case that day to suggest that it was possibly more sinister than that. Forbes disallowed goal at FP was another example of a decision that reeked of something more than mere incompetance.

What we are dealing with in Lennon's case is controversy over a decision that the ref called correctly. Even the Broadfoot incident, for all clear on replays was not as clear cut as the media made it out to be at the time. Collum was fooled by a player who was cheating. Happens every day in the game.

The Walter Smith situation astounds me. He has, for whatever reason, got the Press by the short and curlys. He can moan, cry foul, be aggressive and offhand and is still reported as being a gentleman and ambassador for the game (remember Boyds goal that never was at FP). To this extent I can understand Celtics complaint. I think that over the years Rangers have had more than their fare share of decisions go their way backed by a Scottish press that is like a lapdog to the Ibrox club. Having said that Celtic come 2nd in the league table for decisions going their way which is why it is so laughable that they are the one's to throw the dummy out the pram.

I think the SPL should have its own referees.

Lets get the SPL starting up a Referee academy and get them on full time. for £800 a match, this should definatley be a full time role. ok, it doesn't solve this issue, but at least going forward they will be SPL refs.

Lets ban current SFA grade 1 refs from joining - no point in bringing folk through who are too set in their ways. let them stick to the SFA leagues.

Once this is in, lets get the ref's on microphones and get it broadcast - same as they do in rugby. that would have stopped the whole "lying about the penalty" incident.

Also, let our new refs come out and explain their decisions after the match - yes they will have their mics and we can hear conversations, but there will be decisions made that may not have a conversation at the time.

Lets use this to bring in a new era of transparency and let both sides have a say on whats gone on. I think if we allowed managers to have a constructive feedback session on the match - rather than a hack reporter sticking a mic in their mouths right after the game would be much more beneficial to everyone.

The Walter Smith situation astounds me. He has, for whatever reason, got the Press by the short and curlys. He can moan, cry foul, be aggressive and offhand and is still reported as being a gentleman and ambassador for the game (remember Boyds goal that never was at FP). To this extent I can understand Celtics complaint. I think that over the years Rangers have had more than their fare share of decisions go their way backed by a Scottish press that is like a lapdog to the Ibrox club. Having said that Celtic come 2nd in the league table for decisions going their way which is why it is so laughable that they are the one's to throw the dummy out the pram.

Found a daily record report from that game:

Smith: "It was a poor decision by the linesman. I think the TV replays show quite clearly that Kris Boyd was onside.

"Mr Murphy was quick to allow a Scott McDonald goal at Celtic Park last season. And he was quick to disallow that one tonight.

Not too different from the paranoia that is evidently louder from the other side of Glasgow.

As for the Gannon argument, it doesn't wash with me. Jim Gannon wasn't taking a huff with anyone over decisions that went against us. He merely pointed out what has been said numerous times in this thread - that the refereeing standards are not good enough and there is no communication between officials and clubs about the matches that have just been completed.

He then went to the press as he had tried to communicate with Hugh Dallas and after he never got any replies he went public with how there are no channels to direct feedback on officials performances.

Not quite what Neil Lennon has been stirring up the last few weeks. :lol:

As for the Gannon argument, it doesn't wash with me. Jim Gannon wasn't taking a huff with anyone over decisions that went against us.

He complained about the standard of the refereeing in our 2-2 draw with Dundee United

Gannon and Dundee United boss Craig Levein both slammed referee Alan Muir after Saturday’s 2-2 draw in the Scottish Premier League at Fir Park. And the Motherwell manager, who claimed Jim O’Brien was fouled when he received the Steelmen’s only yellow card, for diving, added: “If we turn a blind eye then the standard of refereeing is bringing the game into disrepute.

I'm looking to round up a search party to find Hugh Dallas - who's gemme

he can't say anything as he's employed by the sfa. he no doubt privately backs the strike but due to his position can't endorse it.

it's not really a good idea for anyone who will be involved once this is hopefully sorted to be speaking out publicly which is why dougal and clark are the front men for it.

anyone else hear regan on the radio getting questioned about gary hooper? he sounds well out his depth and i don't think he's going to be the man to stand up to the inTIMidation.

Craig Brown was on talksport today, he was on stunning form.

We will lose the espn tv money on sunday as well the corprate ca$h and small crowd on a rescheduled wednesday night. Best bit was when he said the refs should name the people/clubs they have the problem with rather than punishing the clubs like us who NEVER publically compaling about refs.

Imagine the refs saying nae don't fancy doing either of those teams fixtures................. worth a shot

Well done Mr Brown good answer, compare that to the Ginger Winger his response would be cheating h*ns the lot of them !!!

We will lose the espn tv money on sunday as well the corprate ca$h and small crowd on a rescheduled wednesday night.

wee craig is as accurate as ever. :doh:

the tv money is distributed two ways. a portion of it is evenly divided between the clubs and a portion of it is awarded as prize money dependent on league position.

how much tv money you get in the spl has zero to do with how many times you appear on tv or host televised matches. he's got a point about the corporate cash but a midweek gate would probably be similar to a televised sunday.

if our club is so worried about the loss of income then what are we doing to resolve the situation?

I think the SPL should have its own referees.

Lets get the SPL starting up a Referee academy and get them on full time. for £800 a match, this should definatley be a full time role. ok, it doesn't solve this issue, but at least going forward they will be SPL refs.

Lets ban current SFA grade 1 refs from joining - no point in bringing folk through who are too set in their ways. let them stick to the SFA leagues.

What are the SFA leagues?