Referee's To Go On Strike

delboy

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its my fucking birthday weekend and my main present was to see us fuck Hearts. These bawbags are fucking up my plan.

Aye, but to be fair that's a present you can't guarantee! Would have a safer bet to ask for the Toy Story box set!

Personally, all I ever want for Christmas is a win on Boxing Day!!! I seldom get what I want.

See the Dutch have said they'll ask their referees if they'll be happy to referee the games. All Scandinavian FA referees have rejected the SFA pleas.

i can't believe that they are still trying to get foreign refs. the message the sfa are sending out is that they don't care about refs in this country, they should be thinking about the ramifications of that at grass roots level rather than focussing on this weekend. if the sfa won't back category one refs when they have been facing abuse and threats what message does that send to guys who are sent out to public parks on their own and have to face up to all sorts of abuse from psychos all over the country.

this has came about because mcgeady, hooper, lennon and reid have called refs cheats and dishonest and the sfa have let them away with it. it's shocking they are undermining the refs even further.

i can't believe that they are still trying to get foreign refs. the message the sfa are sending out is that they don't care about refs in this country, they should be thinking about the ramifications of that at grass roots level rather than focussing on this weekend. if the sfa won't back category one refs when they have been facing abuse and threats what message does that send to guys who are sent out to public parks on their own and have to face up to all sorts of abuse from psychos all over the country.

this has came about because mcgeady, hooper, lennon and reid have called refs cheats and dishonest and the sfa have let them away with it. it's shocking they are undermining the refs even further.

I totally agree with this. The fact that they haven't taken action on the above mentioned is because they are scared of Celtic and Rangers and Celtic know this and are pushing this issue as far as they can. Although what they actually hope to achieve out all this is still unclear to me.

I totally agree with this. The fact that they haven't taken action on the above mentioned is because they are scared of Celtic and Rangers and Celtic know this and are pushing this issue as far as they can. Although what they actually hope to achieve out all this is still unclear to me.

it's very clear - they want refs to be scared to give anything against them and to be pressured even more into giving decisions for them. It isn't enough for a few thousand unwashed cretins jump up in unison when someone farts in the direction of Shaum Mahoney

As a fan for 30 odd years - It's fucking astounding that they could even contemplate suggesting that they don't get calls.

I'll tell you what - i wish I had a pound for every dodgy decision / penalty / offside shout the bastards have been given agains us in my time as a supporter.

tom english, who in my opinion is the only half decent print journo in scotland (probably because he is irish), summed up what celtic wanted quite well.

What Celtic are doing has more to do with laying down a marker for the future. It's about mind games. The place where they want to get to is for referees to go into games involving Celtic and be worried about giving big decisions against them. It's not about clarification of anything that happened at Parkhead. A blind man knows that Collum made a cock-up. What's to clarify?

On the day he was appointed, Lennon made a big issue about how he wanted his players to get in the faces of referees when they gave decisions against them. Remember? The memory of those words rather makes you question his altar-boy routine of the past week. When he presents an image of himself as a mere humble seeker of truth rather than a man looking for an edge we should recall what he said when he first took over. He promised he was going to bring back the thunder. And he has. The sound of it is ringing in the ears of Scotland's besieged referees.

celtic want refs to be afraid of them. if the sfa break the strike then it's a signal to celtic and their fans that the refs have no defence mechanism. if celtic 'win' here the future of scottish football will be broken windows, threatening phone calls, lies and accusations of a sectarian conspiracy every time things aren't going celtic's way. that's why we should all be backing the refs and demanding that our own club takes action to resolve the situation.

i also think dallas and mcdonald deserve a bit of credit as it would be easy for them to chuck it but they obviously realise what is at stake here and are willing to stick it out for the benefit of scottish football.

It's fucking astounding that they could even contemplate suggesting that they don't get calls.

That is the most galling aspect in all of this.

I would say that refs are already scared to give big decisions against Celtic (and indeed Rangers). Penalties to the away team and red cards to to the home team have been as rare as hens teeth in Glasgow since the dawn of time!

the catholic church weigh in on behalf of celtic.

24 November 2010

Dear Mr Regan,

I am writing to you to express my concern at an allegation made recently against a senior official of the SFA, Mr Hugh Dallas, the Head of Referee development. He has been accused of sending an email from his SFA email account on the day of the Pope’s visit to Scotland, which was totally unprofessional, gratuitously insulting to the Pope, deeply offensive to the Catholic community of Scotland, and an incitement to anti-Catholic sectarianism.

You will no doubt be well aware of the matter and I do appreciate it is one which is rightly the responsibility of the SFA. I understand that an internal investigation has been launched by the SFA into the allegation.

However in view of the alleged content of the email it is clearly a matter of some concern to the Catholic Church in Scotland. Accordingly, I would welcome your confirmation of the following:

* That once concluded the results of this investigation will be made public.

* The SFA will treat the matter with some urgency in order to maintain the Association’s integrity and credibility in opposing sectarianism.

* Should the allegation be proved against Mr Dallas he will be removed from his post.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Peter Kearney

Director

child abuse, genocide and holocaust denial - ok

a funny email - string em up :D

peter kearny - get fucked!

the catholic church weigh in on behalf of celtic.

child abuse, genocide and holocaust denial - ok

a funny email - string em up :(

peter kearny - get fucked!

I can't be bothered pointing out how stupid your post is, so I'll just let you know I think its a load of pish!

edit: PS no I'm not a RC

I can't be bothered pointing out how stupid your post is, so I'll just let you know I think its a load of pish!

what part of it is stupid?

child abuse - cardinal bernard law is wanted in the usa in relation to child abuse. he continues to work in the vatican rather than face justice.

holocaust denial - bishop richard williamson was brought back into the church by ratzinger even though he is a renown holocaust denier.

genocide - the vatican obstructed justice relating to crimes commited by it's preists and nuns in rwanda.

where are the angry emails from peter kearney about this?

peter kearney is the same guy who tried to get the hokey cokey banned as it is apparently sectarian, he is a complete clown.

why did he email the sfa today and not when the story first broke? did he complain when the image was broadcast on the bbc in the summer? has he complained about any other jokes about the pope - frankie boyle, jimmy carr, patrick keilty ect? where are the emails about that on his website?

Maybe if the catholic church wasn't so steeped in child abuse, and maybe if the present pope in a former position in the church hadn't written a letter telling the Irish church to keep the problem of child abuse within the church and not to let it become a civil matter, then there wouldn't have been the picture that there was.

The catholic church and celtic are so steeped in hypocrisy, they can't see the wood for the trees.

PS, I'm not an rc either.

I think the ref's have a very had job. They have to make a correct decision on somethng they see in an instance. We can look at the same incident on replay after replay and still argue about what the decision should be.

The next game at Fir Park I would like to see our supporters to do something in support of them a banner, singing we support them something to reconise they have a had job.

The next game at Fir Park I would like to see our supporters to do something in support of them a banner, singing we support them something to reconise they have a had job.

I was think the same thing, may be we could just wear black?

to risk going round in circles...

It's one thing supporting the refs this weekend (assuming the matches go ahead) but lets be honest. they really are not that great though are they?

Yes, we wouldn't have a game if there were no refs, but we can't turn a blind eye to just how bad they can be - not just the man in the middle, but the linesmen too.

We have all seen So many decisions over the years that have been nothing short of shocking. very rarely now a match goes by without ironic cheers from us when the ref eventually gets a decision right - usually for a throw in.

YES, they need support, but they also need to realise that they too need to improve. it's a two way street.

It's time for full time match officials. If they want to have another interest, let them do that part time.

Maybe if the catholic church wasn't so steeped in child abuse, and maybe if the present pope in a former position in the church hadn't written a letter telling the Irish church to keep the problem of child abuse within the church and not to let it become a civil matter, then there wouldn't have been the picture that there was.

The catholic church and celtic are so steeped in hypocrisy, they can't see the wood for the trees.

PS, I'm not an rc either.

exactly.

the irony and hypocrisy of an organisation who have allowed people to keep their jobs despite doing some henious things calling for dallas to be sacked for that email is unreal.

Anyway, there ARE as many cases of abuse in the protestant church as catholic and that pal is a fact. They are just much better at covering it up.

weather you lot believe that or not i couldn't give a dam.

Maybe you could open your minds a little research or would you be to scared of what you may find.

This religion pish is a huge scar on this amazing country. Kids are brought up to think its normal and its how its meant to be. That needs to change to rid scotland of this bile.

I hate it all with a passion. Its all wrong wrong wrong.

It pisses me off a bit as well seeing it on a MOTHERWELL FC forum.

Keep motherwell fc clean.Were to good for that crap.

We are motherwell fc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mayb

Anyway, there ARE as many cases of abuse in the protestant church as catholic and that pal is a fact. They are just much better at covering it up.

weather you lot believe that or not i couldn't give a dam.

Maybe you could open your minds a little research or would you be to scared of what you may find.

You're absolutely right of course, but I think the point of the post was the hypocrisy being shown by a church who's leader is 'infallible', trying to keep covered up the sins of the priesthood. Double standards in my opinion.

You didn't tell us whether or not you were RC ;)