Referee's To Go On Strike

delboy

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere we live in a democracy, so I thought I'd wade in with my 2 denaris worth:

I'm a lifelong dosser and a referee, currently reffing youth games Sat/Sun U14-U19's.

Get your services volunteered and you might ref our match on Sunday!

£800 for a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon!

Interesting times eh?

If I were in the ref camp - i'd be starting to talk about 'next' weeks games - because as time goes on it looks like the SFA's plan B is dead in the water. For them to show exactly how important they are to the game - then they need to follow through on the threat and make the point (rather than threaten to).

Other problems just to stir things up a bit - Refs being brought in from edam land or wherever for a sat morning Pitch inspection due to the weather? Possible?

Undersoil heating if the temps plummet far enough - do the clubs turn it on or not?

So Celtic by bringing the game into disrepute are to blame for the Ref's strike?

Ok SFA punish Celtic by deducting 34 points. All Celtic games till end of season even if they draw or win get no points. The opposing teams they play if they win or draw get the the points.

Celtic end up in the First Div and have to win promotion to get back into the SPL.

By doing THAT it would be a warning to any other club not to mess with the SFA/SPL rules.

Looking at it from a selfish point of view the last thing we need is a resceduled game with at least one other (vs St Mirren due to the CIS Cup Semi Final) on the horizon. Two games already needing to be rescheduled before December has arrived and our winter seems to be kicking in early. Depending on how the pitch holds up we could see a fixture pile up that could stretch our much publicised (by the gaffer) small squad to breaking point and have a detrimental effect on our league position.

Yep, a ragged band of whistlers from all over the place apparently. I smell impending disaster!

All Premier League matches and the Challenge Cup final will go ahead this weekend after the Scottish Football Association reached agreement with "several European national associations", the SFA have said.

This morning Scotland's top referees confirmed that they would be standing by their decision to withdraw their labour this weekend. However, despite officials from Iceland, Norway, Wales and Sweden indicating that they would not be taking charge of matches in Scotland, the SFA issued a statement claiming that they have found officials from outside the country willing to fly in.

The statement read: "The Scottish FA can confirm that agreement has been reached with several European national associations to ensure matches in the Premier League and the Alba [Challenge] Cup final will be covered this weekend.

"Negotiations are continuing with other national associations to help ensure that some, if not all, matches in the Scottish Football League go ahead as normal.

"Clubs will be informed by 3pm today whether their matches will go ahead or not in light of the Scottish Category One referees electing to persist with their withdrawal of labour."

Yep, a ragged band of whistlers from all over the place apparently. I smell impending disaster!

Don't really care to be honest, get the game on and fuck the strike. Doubt we'll notice to be honest, let's face it even if the officials brought in are shite, is it any different to every other week? If they want to make an impact and get some support target the instigators, they'll get a lot more on their side.

Just on the News, all SPL games and ALBA cup final to go ahead at the weekend. SFA still working to secure more refs for SFL games, which is unfortunate

Looks like a bunch of European mercenary refs will be in charge this weekend, if there is another disputed decision against Celtic will they seek clarification from the SFA or UEFA :drinks:

will they even tell us where the refs came from and who they are?

we better not get a fucking lithuanian.

They'll be Polish. Haha

Seriously though, perhaps we should show the world this week that Scottish fans and football clubs don't have a problem with officials and having games refereed, but we do have a problem with cheating, incompetent and lying cliches.