Referee's To Go On Strike

delboy

Glad Dallas is gone. He was something of a tyrant and an obstacle to change.

Now all we need is...

1) Dougie McDonald fired

2) Points deduction for Celtic

3) 'Well win on Sunday

They'll take the leeds UTd route! this time in april They'll be singing, "15 Point, Who gives a fuck We won the league and we won the cup"

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I alone in thinking some posters want this game called off because of the referee's dispute?

catch 22 for many I would reckon,

no individual fan would want the club to suffer but at the same time some will have strong personal views on labour rights and the right to withhold labour and the expectation of support from others when doing so.

A few days ago it would have been hard to think the situation could get any worse

now we have some the very officials that saved some of the games declaring they were misled BBC clicky as well as the many others already departing due to being duped.

how can anyone in office at the SFA can continue with the sheer hypocrisy and lack of integrity on show ? and I read that the head of the SPL went home to England in the midst of all this.

who can hope that scottish league football will survive with this lot in charge

My views on the SFA are well known, especially with regard to international football. However we've heard and read many rumours of who has said what, but what we haven't heard is the SFA's version of events. I really would like to hear that before forming opinions.

I think your right Ian for some labour rights are more important than any football game and that is the motivating factor for some. Thats as may be. However I think MFC is largely, although not entirely an innocent party here and is being caught in an unfair crossfire.

What does come thought for me is that its a very complex situation.

Am I alone in thinking some posters want this game called off because of the referee's dispute?

I'm pro the referee's strike although not because I'm entirely sympathetic with the referee's although they do have a case in some regards, especially regards to the media treatment of referee's and the whole Celtic nonsense.

However the main reason I'm pro the strike is that I believe the change required in Scottish football will not happen without an extreme form of catalyst. Fixtures being called off certainly falls into that category.

If missing a weekend fixture helps to fix the terrible state of repair our game is in at the moment then I am quite willing for that to happen.

It would be a terrible thing if this week turned into a damp squib and everything got back to normal next week.

Also said he would not have refereed the game if he had been told the real reason.

Don't see any comment from the ref who is due to officiate at our game saying this,the Israeli ref that made this comment was a Mr Eli Hacman the guy that did the Killie v Aberdeen game,ours is Meir Levy he did the Hamilton v St.mirren game.

If the refs were striking for the right reason, i.e. change needed in our game then I'd maybe back them. This action is a lot of nonsense missing the target completely. They're a bunch of incompetent arseholes who believe they're always right, so the first change has to be in their attitude if we're going to get anywhere with the overall package.

Don't see any comment from the ref who is due to officiate at our game saying this,the Israeli ref that made this comment was a Mr Eli Hacman the guy that did the Killie v Aberdeen game,ours is Meir Levy he did the Hamilton v St.mirren game.
He was due to be the 4th official at Fir Park today.

If the refs were striking for the right reason...........

They're a bunch of incompetent arseholes who believe they're always right,

this could be aimed at the vast majority of strike leaders,

I would have thought that the true trades union stance would be to allow each branch to decide whats the correct thing to do for their membership and then support each other, not to pick and choose :angry:

What if anything has been gained by this "Strike", Certain elements of an SPL club(who shall remain nameless) are triumphant in one man losing his job it was inintially thinly veiled as upholding the honour of the pope and the Catholic faith, but once he walked it was more like when the wicked witch was killed in The Wizard of Oz.

Those self same people have the scent of SFA Blood and will continue to snarl and bark and demand their honour be satisfied every time a decision goes against them.

Now there are reports of the Refs wanting tougher sanctions against clubs when individuals from them question their integrity and honesty even going so far as points being deducted.

Had the authorities dealt with certain incidents and persons firmly and publicly in the first place we may not have found ourselves in the midst of this farce.

This ridiculous scenario is by no means done and dusted it will continue to trundle on and may even get worse before it gets better.