John Spencer Coughs Up

numpty

Ok fair point, but why not just pay the lawyers fees on behalf of the club? Why go to trouble of buying the debt? Has he made nothing out of it, was it purely a point if principle it not all that clear.

Until the day Boyle leaves Fir Park no final judgement can be made, for all we know we end up at Ravenscraig in a rented legoland while Boyles pockets millions from sale of Fir Park. Not saying it going to happen but I still have my doubts.

He probably bought the debt because he was £8Million out of pocket by the time we went to administration - I don't know. What do you honestly think.?

What would you do?

I don't particularly like the guy - however I'm not going to demonise him for every minute piece of shit that comes up

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's demonising him? Just stating a fact, he bought the debt and made a £95 Grand profit, bit sensitive in defending him where there's no real attack.

Aye because the Solicitor Fees at an average of £190-£250 per hour, not to mention Court dues etc will not eat into any of that. The Writ started in 2007, now I am not a mathematician but that is a long time in a debt recovery case, especially one that was defended from start to finish. I would hate to see what the PBA's costs come to

Boyle will be lucky to see £50K of his OWN money.

Would be the wee cnut Nevin........

He was on TV t'other night and when asked about the financial implications of Man City's bid for Kaka, started by saying 'I studied economics for a while...........'.

If he studied economics, how did he not know that paying players £5500 a week on our turnover was probably not that clever a plan ?

JB bought the debt from the club for £5,000 so he's made a nice wee profit there. What was that you were saying Diggler?

If, as has been said on here, the money would have gone to creditors it wasn't MFC's money anyway so I've got no issue with him pursuing it in his own time at his own cost.

In fact I'd rather he did it than Motherwell waste any more time and money on something that, best case scenario, would have seen them come out with hee-haw.

Some people need to take the anti-Boyle specs off.

Totally confused by this why the fuck would Motherwell be pursuing recovering the debt if Boyle bought it from them. Answers on a postcard please!!!!!

As it was a Motherwell director that is quoted in the original article and it is described as

the club's court victory
then I take it that it was Motherwell who sued and having won, the money must have went into motherwells bank account.

Aye because the Solicitor Fees at an average of £190-£250 per hour, not to mention Court dues etc will not eat into any of that. The Writ started in 2007, now I am not a mathematician but that is a long time in a debt recovery case, especially one that was defended from start to finish. I would hate to see what the PBA's costs come to

Boyle will be lucky to see £50K of his OWN money.

If the money was part of the creditors agreement then surely he'll see nothing from it?

If the money was part of the creditors agreement then surely he'll see nothing from it?
I can't imagine Boyle would have bought the debt just so any monies recovered would go to the creditors. More likely, I would think, that the fee Boyle paid to buy the debt went to the creditors to allow Boyle to purse the debt at his own risk (and expense).

I can't imagine Boyle would have bought the debt just so any monies recovered would go to the creditors. More likely, I would think, that the fee Boyle paid to buy the debt went to the creditors to allow Boyle to purse the debt at his own risk (and expense).

If thats the case why was a Motherwell director quoted and Motherwell who sued?

Have you got the judgement in front of you like. The Pursuer could be either Motherwell Football & Athletic Club (For John Boyle) or it could be John Boyle (for Motherwell Football & Athletic Club) or even better it could be the media thought Motherwell Football Club v John Spencer would be a better headline that Boyle v Spencer

For those who are interested the Court Website don't have the Judgment up but they do have Lord Carloway's Judgement on our Interim Administration.

Have you got the judgement in front of you like. The Pursuer could be either Motherwell Football & Athletic Club (For John Boyle) or it could be John Boyle (for Motherwell Football & Athletic Club) or even better it could be the media thought Motherwell Football Club v John Spencer would be a better headline that Boyle v Spencer

For those who are interested the Court Website don't have the Judgment up but they do have Lord Carloway's Judgement on our Interim Administration.

"But Motherwell director Stuart Robertson confirmed the club's court victory"

"But Motherwell director Stuart Robertson confirmed the club's court victory"

The way its been reported it looks like its coming to the club like SWF has indicated. Even if it went to JB - i wouldn't have a flakey - (£100K - expenses) Vs £8M = diddly squat.

Main thing is Spencer was made to pay the dosh back.

If thats the case why was a Motherwell director quoted and Motherwell who sued?
I don't think you actuallly read what I wrote (or the post I was responding to). However, bottom line is that I'm glad Spencer lost, and I don't care who gets the money.

So tell me again what you are actually moaning at? Boyle and the Club have won a very long Debt Recovery case. Does it matter who gets the money since in the end all extras are technically Boyles by right anyway

I dunno which poster you're directing the question at.

However your post is spot on - and I think most folk agree with you.

This may not be as much of a victory as it seems.

My understanding is that to all intents and purposes, a civil judgement in a UK court can't be enforced in the US - there is no "reciprocal agreement" due to the fact that the individual states in the US make their own law with regard to debt, and a state can't enter into an agreement with a sovereign nation.

If Spencer goes back to the UK to live (I don't know what his immigration status in the US is), then Boil/MFC/whoever won the case can take action to enforce it. Similarly, if Spencer has any assets in the UK, they could be sequestered. If he remains here, there's not a lot that can be done. Then again, if that was the case, why would he defend it?

Out of interest, does this judgement include any payment for the car that Taggarts refused to take back from lease due to the state the little sh--e left it in?

Maybe Boyle should employ whatever his "winnings" were here to do something about our pitch. Its a bloody disgrace. In all my years supporting the 'Well I don't ever remember FP's pitch being in as bad a shape as it is now. It was once described as "one of the best playing surfaces in Scotland" but now???!!!!

Did anybody notice the tyre tread marks all over the pitch on Saturday? Do the cretins on the ground staff not realise you should not be taking heavy equipment onto an already sodden pitch? :lol:

• 1 year later...