389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes just on the BBC there, absolutely certain his CV is better than anyone else for the job.

how did you think he came across, I thought he sounded like a smug bastard that thought he was a shoe in for the job if the people concerned done their homework :doh:

please God NO!

I've been looking at that Scottish Football thread and finding myself agreeing with folk on it. Been feeling a fair bit of apathy for a good couple of months about the whole of Scottish football. If John Hughes becomes our next manager, I'd seriously be considering whether I would be forking out the best part of £300 in the summer for a season ticket. Given the way I feel just now, and the fact I've got other financial commitments these days, I don't think I'd be too eager to renew, and I say that as someone who's had a season ticket every season since probably a couple of seasons before the '91 cup win.

Sun linking us with McCall.....Stuart McCall.

McCall story

SunSport can reveal Rangers legend McCall is now a major contender to succeed Craig Brown in the Fir Park hotseat.

And if he does get the job his first game is likely to be against Gers on Boxing Day.

Well chairman John Boyle has shown his preference for looking outside the box when appointing bosses.

Mark McGhee, Jim Gannon and Brown were all unexpected choices.

Former Scotland star McCall, 46, would fit a similar remit after spendning three years in charge at Bradford.

He left the Bantams in February and has been scouting for Norwich under former Gers chief talent-spotter Euan Chester.

But he is keen to get back in the dugout and would be available without Well having to pay compensation.

Fir Park sources claim McCall isn't the only man the Well board are interested in.

But he is on their shortlist. John Collins, Miodrag Krivokapic, Chris McCart and Phil Brown are among other names discussed.

SunSport revealed last week that Steve Clarke was wanted by Well but he is keen to land the Sheffield United job.

I watched the interview Yogi done when he was asked about Motherwell and im probs just a sucker for a complament but i was impressed with what he said and his view on the people of Motherwell

I would take him over a lot of others lined up but my only problem is he loves hibs sooooooooooo much! every time he talks its just shit about hibs he talks about

I like John Hughes as I think he is a character and his interviews are generally a laugh due to the amount of cliches he uses. However, he's one of those guys that you like listening to but you don't want anywhere near your own club as it'd more than likely turn into a disaster!

Like the idea that McCall has probably made some good contacts at Championship level and has spent most of the last year scouting and talent spotting. Just the level we need to find some cheap and/or free hidden gems....

That's my thoughts also! But will he have any cash to buy or sign these players! I severely doubt it to be honest! Agree with others dont want Hughes but one thing is for certain we won't know right until Boyle announces who the manager is wether he is in the frame!

Like the idea that McCall has probably made some good contacts at Championship level and has spent most of the last year scouting and talent spotting. Just the level we need to find some cheap and/or free hidden gems....

Must admit he would't be my first choice but some good points made there.

Yogi vs McCall is interesting.

I heard Yogi's interview yesterday and it kinda swayed me a bit to be fair. Aye he's a big lump of wid - but you can't disagree that he had Falkirk and Hibs playing some decent attacking stuff on the deck. He seems genuine enough which is something we've been lacking. I liked the working class town stuff as well.

McCall 'may' have the contacts and talent spotting experience but there's more to it than that. Plus he has the experience as an assistant at Sheff U and as a manager in his own right at Bradford. However his time at bradford was pretty lack lustre - he finally threw in the towel because he couldn't buy a win. That's not to say that i think he'd be a disaster.

But if it was down to Yogi vs McCall with a gun to ma heid - I'd vote for big numb face

Yogi vs McCall is interesting.

I heard Yogi's interview yesterday and it kinda swayed me a bit to be fair. Aye he's a big lump of wid - but you can't disagree that he had Falkirk and Hibs playing some decent attacking stuff on the deck. He seems genuine enough which is something we've been lacking. I liked the working class town stuff as well.

I bet Falkirk fans would disagree. Playing the ball between your defenders for 50 passes does not equal good football - sometimes you might get the odd forward pass to the sitting midfielder but it was not good "attacking" football. Good possession football, but possession means fuck all when you have no ounce of forward thinking.

With Hibs he was the complete opposite and paid the price of like winning 1 game in so many matches!