389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it is worth here is a section from today's Daily Record;

The Lanarkshire club have been interviewing candidates and other names in the frame include Gus MacPherson, Chris McCart, Stuart McCall, Jimmy Calderwood, Pat Fenlon and John Hughes.

Seems unlikely due to compensation.

i'll be massively disapointed if we end up with stubbs, mccall or sutton. they've all done heehaw in management and have nothing going for them except OF name recognition.

appointing stubbs would be a recipe for disaster, we'd only ever be a short bad spell away from a maplas style fans revolt. appointing someone the fans are unlikely ever to accept is a terrible idea, you'd be as well bringing mcghee back.

Why would the fans be unlikely ever to accept Stubbs? He wouldn't be my first choice but I'm sure the vast majority would accept him if he did well.

Why would the fans be unlikely ever to accept Stubbs? He wouldn't be my first choice but I'm sure the vast majority would accept him if he did well.

his only association with scottish football is as a celtic player.

add that to the fact he's got no managerial track record and i don't think he'd get much leeway from the fans.

his only association with scottish football is as a celtic player.

add that to the fact he's got no managerial track record and i don't think he'd get much leeway from the fans.

I don't think the Celtic connection should (or would) be an issue to the majority of fans if he came in and did a decent job. However, I'm still hoping that John Boyle is going to pull a rabbit out the hat and none of the names mentioned so far will get the job!

If the likes of McPherson, Calderwood, Hughes or McGhee got the job I'd be devastated.

While none of us know much about the coaching ability and tactical awareness of Stubbs, I'm far more excited about the prospect of a left-field appointment than the aforementioned names. Obviously Stubbs is a risk but we have scope to take a risk at the moment. From what we have seen of Stubbs as a player and personality over the years, he strikes me as someone who may well have the attributes to make it as a manager.

In years gone by, similar threads on here have seen folk rule out the the likes of Lambert and Coyle due to their lack of experience and unknown ability. Look at the pair of them now.

In years gone by, similar threads on here have seen folk rule out the the likes of Lambert and Coyle due to their lack of experience and unknown ability. Look at the pair of them now.

That might be true but for every Lambert and Coyle there's a Malpas or May.

Any rookie appointment is a calculated gamble. However the names being bandied about for our shortlist don't fill me with confidence - I just hope thee are dark horses not mentioned by the media. Going by past appointments that's a strong possibility of course.

I've waited for a wee while to see what names would be thrown up. I must admit, its a struggle to pick anyone as they are all pretty uninspiratinonal.

Out of the ones mentioned so far i would say Derek McInnes, however he is with a club so probably no chance. Plus i would feel bad at poaching someone elses manager as it aint a nice feeling.

both of them are in their fourth jobs and have walked out on clubs which gave them a great opportunity to go rivals.

stubbs should be a non starter. fuck letting an ex old firm player use our club to see how they get on as a manager. i'd rather have calderwood.

I've waited for a wee while to see what names would be thrown up. I must admit, its a struggle to pick anyone as they are all pretty uninspiratinonal.

Out of the ones mentioned so far i would say Derek McInnes, however he is with a club so probably no chance. Plus i would feel bad at poaching someone elses manager as it aint a nice feeling.

Entirely agree with you on McInnes, but the St Johnstone chairman does nothing but get his money's worth. We could never afford to bring him here, sadly.

what about mio hres managed red star Belgrade and won the league with them twice and has his european licence also think he could find a few gems from abroad as well

Eh..no he hasn't. He manages Celtic's under 17s.

mio said 2 us he managed at red star go onto his wiki page n you'll c that he did manage them won 2 leagues n a cup :D

If you're going to pretend that it actually does say on Wikipedia that he managed Red Star at some point, at least have the committment to edit it to back up your claim.

what about mio hres managed red star Belgrade and won the league with them twice and has his european licence also think he could find a few gems from abroad as well

on the wiki page it does say red star belgrade and won 2 league titles and a cup but if you look at the dates you will c it was in the 1983-84 and 87-88 and won the cup in 84. he was at red star for 4 years when he was 24 -28 years old as he was born in 1959.