389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Gdalli means to a certain extent. It's not so much that they've been with one of the Old Firm, that's neither here nor there, its the constant media references to the fact they've been with the Old Firm that begins to grate. All the former Celt, Gers great, Hoops hero, Legend in Light Blue pish that many articles which have fuck all to do with Rangers and Celtic are riddled with.

I find that somehow I'm not immediately dismissive of Alan Stubbs. Certainly less so than McCall and in particular Chris Sutton.

An interesting one with Stubbs and if the speculation is correct about McNamara an interesting choice there also. Would appear to make sense to have someone in there alongside him with an in depth knowledge of the Scottish game.

Stubbs received a glowing recommendation for the Fir Park job from Toffees boss Davie Moyes and it's believed he's now close to being handed his first managerial role by Well chairman John Boyle.

Stubbs' knowledge of the English market is key while Well are also keen to retain their links with Everton, who allowed John Ruddy and Lukasz Jutkiewicz to join them on loan last season.

I know Gdalli means to a certain extent. It's not so much that they've been with one of the Old Firm, that's neither here nor there, its the constant media references to the fact they've been with the Old Firm that begins to grate. All the former Celt, Gers great, Hoops hero, Legend in Light Blue pish that many articles which have fuck all to do with Rangers and Celtic are riddled with.

exactly what I meant.

I'd be fully behind any manager and I'm sure John Boyle knows what he is doing but I'd just prefer if they aren't connected the old firm. However the 3 mentioned, Sutton, McCall and Stubbs give me the fear. No thanks

Stubbs received a glowing recommendation for the Fir Park job from Toffees boss Davie Moyes and it's believed he's now close to being handed his first managerial role by Well chairman John Boyle.

Stubbs' knowledge of the English market is key while Well are also keen to retain their links with Everton, who allowed John Ruddy and Lukasz Jutkiewicz to join them on loan last season.

source/link?

Where did that come from?

i'll be massively disapointed if we end up with stubbs, mccall or sutton. they've all done heehaw in management and have nothing going for them except OF name recognition.

appointing stubbs would be a recipe for disaster, we'd only ever be a short bad spell away from a maplas style fans revolt. appointing someone the fans are unlikely ever to accept is a terrible idea, you'd be as well bringing mcghee back.

i'll be massively disapointed if we end up with stubbs, mccall or sutton. they've all done heehaw in management and have nothing going for them except OF name recognition.

appointing stubbs would be a recipe for disaster, we'd only ever be a short bad spell away from a maplas style fans revolt. appointing someone the fans are unlikely ever to accept is a terrible idea, you'd be as well bringing mcghee back.

:(

spot on mate

Daily Record is going down the Chris Sutton route but won't say anything more than he is a leading candidate.

Sutton can get to fuck!! Would be a terrible appointment. I hope it's only speculation by the Daily Retard as he's an ex 'Old Scum' player who's out of work at the moment.

He was terrible as Lincoln manager and would have got Lincoln relegated without a doubt had he stayed. Worst manager i've seen at Lincoln in 23 years. The guy is tactically inept and has no personality whatsoever.

I would fear for our SPL future if he got appointed!!

Assuming Stubbs was appointed - and it would be very risky to go after someone with little or no 1st team management, surely it would be another McGhee situation and were he successful, would probably be be back in England or Celtic within a couple of years.

That said we thought we were safe and stable with a 71 yr old in charge :(

I am somewhat underwhelmed by the names in the frame. I would take Butcher back although we will can ill afford to pay compensation and ICT would be very annoyed.