389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want the next Motherwell manager NOT the next manager of Everton or any other club.

OK that was a lazy post. I thought it might make a clear point. I actually agree with all of your objections, however with Alan Stubbs, a complete unknown quantity, we shouldn't be expecting him to move on within a year or two, what does that say about us! We have been a feeder club, many of you want us to accept that and are happy with it. Fine.

No I don't want an avergage manager who stays for five years and takes us nowhere. Obviously. But I would like something like a 3 year run of success with the one manager, a little bit of stability is all I ask, not a lot. Is that so unfair? I don't think a new manager every year does us much good. Does anyone honestly?

Have we been given any sort of official word from the club as to when an appointment in likely! Can't remember anything being said! I'm sure the shortlist if candidates was also mentioned by the club at the time of the Gannon appointment!

Maybe it's a good thing or maybe it's not but the silence from the club at the moment is quite disconcerting for me!

The only person I think is likely to get the job hasnt even been mentioned yet. Calm down with all the usual paranoia, i'm quite confident we will have someone in who has premiership managerial experience and a fairly decent reputation.

The only person I think is likely to get the job hasnt even been mentioned yet. Calm down with all the usual paranoia, i'm quite confident we will have someone in who has premiership managerial experience and a fairly decent reputation.

Who would that be then? Lawrie Sanchez?

I think we should have taken Sanchez when we had the chance but we went for Gannon, im afraid i feel we burned our bridges with him =(

Gannon did a decent job that needed done at that time, difficult to see if anyone else could have done it better on our budget.

I tend to like to avoid guys who have had 'big' jobs before us cos they would likely want to stretch the budget like McGhee did.

I think we should have taken Sanchez when we had the chance but we went for Gannon, im afraid i feel we burned our bridges with him =(

Sanchez was a train wreck. folk from other clubs (esp Fulham) were coming on here saying we should start praying that it wasn't him. i hope we have burned our bridges

Stubbs said: “I would never rule the Motherwell job out because I had a lot of good times in Scotland.

“There has been a bit of talk about the vacancy there and senior management is definitely something I want to get into.

“But I’m currently the reserve team manager at Everton and I’m really enjoying that.”

Stubbs added: “I was very lucky to have played with a fantastic club up in Scotland like Celtic.

“ That would make it easier if the opportunity came along. I’m not saying I am going to get the Motherwell job, but I would never say never.

“I am hoping to complete my pro licence in January so senior management is definitely the next step for me and something I want to do.”

I can't believe the shit about inexperiance on this site! Probably someone, who will become Barcelona's most successful manager of all time would have been boo'd and chastised if he was ours as he didn't have any experiance either.

What about the other top league managers, especially probably the best in the world - Mourinho, if SL Benfica ( a much bigger, and a team with so much more to lose than us) didn't take a shot at this guy with no experiance in management when would he appeared?