389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. It is possible to find a loyal manager who has the same ambitions as the club if you look hard enough. It may be unlikely, but it isn't impossible. I'm sorry but I don't buy into the idea that all good managers are 100% guaranteed to see us a stepping stone. I think too many of us are bogged down in our pessimism. Seems like an epidemic among Motherwell fans. Dare to dream people, let's drop the cynicism. Negative thinking begets negative results

I don't think so to be honest. Unless you find a manager who is of "Motherwell level" and knows that. Managers will tend to have a Motherwell career span more similar to James McFadden than Stephen Craigan if they are good.

I don't think so to be honest. Unless you find a manager who is of "Motherwell level" and knows that. Managers will tend to have a Motherwell career span more similar to James McFadden than Stephen Craigan if they are good.

So you are saying its not impossible then aren't you. Gotta be pedantic. What you are suggesting is what I want and I'm sure many others would, in a perfect world. I'm agreed it's not so likely. Pearson and McFadden must of had quick managerial spells at Motherwell, I must of missed that.

So you are saying its not impossible then aren't you. Gotta be pedantic. What you are suggesting is what I want and I'm sure many others would, in a perfect world. I'm agreed it's not so likely. Pearson and McFadden must of had quick managerial spells at Motherwell, I must of missed that.

Of course it's not impossible, I'm just trying to be realistic. Must be great to be able to disagree with someone and not be petty about it. Oh wait......

Van der Gaag. Did very well with Maritimo. It won't be though and the shortlist isn't what you would call awe inspiring.

Do we know the shortlist or suspected shortlist that the club have brought it down too?

Of course it's not impossible, I'm just trying to be realistic. Must be great to be able to disagree with someone and not be petty about it. Oh wait......

Uh-hu, well I made my case for what it is to be 'realistic.' I don't think it's unrealistic to at least try to find that loyal man, plucked from the wilderness. Realism is indeed subjective, no arguments there.