Scottish Fitba

Bop

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depresssing but a totally poinant and understandable thread.

A bit close to home as well as I must admit to having exactly the same thoughs and feelings going throught my head that have been articulated so well on this thread. Regarding what is wrong with the game and what makes it a form of alleged entertainment that none of us are particularly enamoured with or wish to be part of anymore.

There are too many parties that run the game and own the clubs that are happy with the status quo as it suits them, they really couldn't give a flying fuck what us, the tubes that actually are what makes the clubs, opinions or thoughts are on how to save this game. They think that those dicks will just keep coming no matter what we serve up to them or how we treat them, well guess what guys the tide is starting to turn and people are voting with their feet.

But to be honest in the end I will be one of the idiots that I am referred to as I will buy my season ticket not because I particularly enjoy what is being served up to me but the thought of my club possibly going to the wall and no longer existing is more painful than going to the games and that is why they will always will get my season ticket money. Maybe an idiot but that's how I feel.

Perhaps this lethargy would stop, if we could own a percentage of the club and have a say in it.

We might feel more involved.

Say we could do a share issue £20 a month. £240 a year, 3000 hard core fans. £720000 a year.

For a token shareholding say 5%

This would

A) Give us an involvement in the club, directly have ideas, via a spokesperson.

B) The financial support would improve the quality on the park, meaning extra income for higher league position(if well spent) and more chance of success on the park. The more we get disillusioned, leads to a lack of funds, the worse it gets for MFC.

Motherwell FC would have to launch this not some trust.

I know its more money coming out of fans pocket, but everybody could cut back on something they like to give to something they love.

Think of it as Scotlands First Football Charity! Please give generously!

Maybe a bit far out, but what do you think?

Yeh good point, never thought about children.

Maybe a split option for shares then. Like different options to pay per month, from as low as a fiver up to whatever.

I just see the excitement of things like Stirling Albion and maybe think we should be doing something in this realm without maybe going as far.

Some really good stuff - the powers that be should take note. But no they are away as ususal coming up with another load of pish as to how to improve Scottish football without asking the people who really matter - the paying customers.

Personally, I have not been to a 'Well game since the 1-1 draw with Aberdeen back on the 18th of September. I thought I'd be missing it by now but I'm sorry to say not. It really is easy to lose the habit of going. I have been a 'Well fan for donkeys years and always will be but as to when I'll be back to see them, who knows. One thing's for sure the longer it goes the easier it gets.

I'm not blaming Motherwell for this because it goes further and deeper than that. Scottish football has been haemorraging supporters from all clubs for years now and continues to do so at an alarming rate - and they won't be gotten back. And what do the geniuses in charge come up with? A league of 10!!! :unsure: That's forward thinking for you. Taking us back to what we started off with a way back in 1975 because a league of 18 clubs was boring and fans were losing interest. Sound familiar?

And how will it work? Well at some time in the future when they decide to move to a 10 club SPL1 it means that 3 clubs will be relegated and if you accept that neither of the OF are going to be relegated then that will mean a casualty rate of 33% and with only one club getting promoted from SPL2 thereafter it means only a 10% chance of getting back up again. Oh and it won't be long until the gate prices get increased again.

Sobering thought eh! Talk about turkeys, votes and Christmas! :rolleyes:

I don't feel so guilty now about how I've been feeling when I read some of these posts.

I live 40 miles north of Fir Park and can honestly say last Tuesday was the lowest of the low nights in attending football. I nearly didn't go which would have been a first for a home game except if away on hols or at work.

For the last 2 years I've hesitated about buying a season ticket but eventually have gone ahead. Next year I won't, and will pick and choose games.

I used to go to all away games, then I stopped going to Glasgow, then Edinburgh, then Aberdeen. Perth and Dundee were nearly home games for me. I don't go there anymore.

We have a boring overpriced product, a media obsessed with the old squirm, jumped up stewards, appalling referees, neanderthals like Jeffries 3rd in the league, and then a manager who I thought a lot of manipulates his way out of the club.

I enjoy the company of the folk I meet up with, my daughters still love to go when not working(about the only thing they are happy to do with their old dad), and it gives me a chance to catch up with my son as well. This (and a loyalty to the club) are the things that hold me back from chucking it all together but as each year goes by the more likely it is that day will come.

A lifelong fan with a love of the game is close to giving up on it, and judging by these posts and attendances I'm not alone.

But its OK a 10 team league will sort it all out.

Aye right.

• 2 weeks later...

GAME OVER!!!

Stand there looking pleased with yourself all you like Brown, you'll have the blood of Scottish Football on your hands you short sighted mug. Spineless bastards the lot of them that have taken part in these talks.

10 teams, no fans, no new TV deal, no change = no future.

GAME OVER!!!

Stand there looking pleased with yourself all you like Brown, you'll have the blood of Scottish Football on your hands you short sighted mug. Spineless bastards the lot of them that have taken part in these talks.

10 teams, no fans, no new TV deal, no change = no future.

It's amazing that the men in charge can't see this. They just don't understand that the fans don't want to see 4 games against St. Mirren every year. It seems unlikely that the overall revenue lost by disappearing fans will be made up by playing an extra OF game.

Nail in the coffin that.

Staggering that this is going on when you look at the stats of a survery made in the middle of last month.

"A survey from Supporters Direct had 77% choosing a 16 or 18 team league and 88% opposing a drop from 12 to 10 teams, which is being pushed by the SPL.

Some 4,931 fans responded to the survey conducted between 17-22 December.

There was positive support for play-offs (76.5%), a winter break (66%) and an earlier start to the season (71%).

In addition more than 92% of fans felt they have not been adequately consulted on the proposals for change and 87% were in favour of greater representation for supporters at the Scottish Football Association. "

The fans want a bigger league. What do we get a smaller league. Just sums up Scottish football. Because Rangers and Celtic want to play each other as often as possible the other clubs bend over and take it up the arse. So fed up. I don't want us to play Rangers or Celtic 4 times a season. 18 team league with teams playing each other twice. Play offs for relegation and promotion. Under 21 league created with teams able to play 4 over aged players in each game.

End this madness. I think we should go on strike.

Rangers

Celtic

Hearts

Hibs

Dundee UTD

Dundee

Aberdeen

Motherwell

Inverness

Kilmarnock

Morton

Hamilton

Partick Thistle

St Midden

Dunfermline

Livingston

Raith Rovers

Falkirk

YAAASSSSSS :nod:

CHANGE HAS HAPPONED!

im sooooo chuffed that i'll get to play hibs 4 times a season (even more if we draw them in the cup) i cant wait either till the old firm now get a tighter grip on the league and drain even more money out of the league!

Lads, the future's here! someday soon our league will be better that the Faroe islands league and were moving in that direction!

:wallbash:

No surprise - its all about those that already have a slice of the cake wanting an even bigger slice!!

They care fuck all about the fans or the fact that its supposed to provide some form of entertainment but it will never change until either some clubs grow a set of baws or the scum go elsewhere - shame nobody wants them!

What makes it more confusing is were members of the working group

Mutants fc

soap didgers fc

Hibs

St Midden

and us

So we technically have agreed to it as well as a club, surely as a community club (which is now the slogan on our website) we should have been asked

I cant remember big JB asking me what i want

Kris - good point weel made.

It's time for the club to explain to us why they made the decision to put this forward as a proposal and back it in today's meeting.

There are different views out there - but the consensus on the supporters direct poll, on here and on other forums is that in the main the 4 x per season is a big switch off.

So Mr Boyle, Ms Dempster - justify our stance