Mark Mcghee

joe90

I would not be too bothered either, we played some good football in his 1st season :nod:

What about the 2nd season though? It was pretty turgid at times.

Are we willing to forget that, and all the other problems, just because we played brilliant for 1/3 of the season.

What about the 2nd season though? It was pretty turgid at times.

Are we willing to forget that, and all the other problems, just because we played brilliant for 1/3 of the season.

If McGhee is willing to take the job on its merits and set about developing and building a team and forgetting about all the historical shite then he may be good for the club. The 1st time the well job was only a temp thing for him as he actually thought he was in with a chance of the Celtic gig. Maybe now with no distractions he may prove to be a good appointment.

His record as a manager if you forget the Aberdeen fiasco is actually not too bad, but John Boyle will need to back him with some money to keep some of the experienced players we have and maybe get in another 1 or 2.

There is a good core of promising young players at the club, so there is the potential to build a decent team if someone is up for the challenge.

Mark McGhee needs money for players. Think Hughes, Klimpl, Malcolm, Porter all required Boyle to put his hand in his pocket. He squandered what little Aberdeen had on generally piss poor players because he doesn't have an eye for a bargain and needs to spend decent money to find decent players.

This is exactly the type of manager we don't need (Calderwood is exactly the same IMO) and this, coupled with the fact the guy acted like a prize c**t towards us at the end of his tenure and afterwards is why I would be fucking gutted if we even considered giving the smarmy arrogant fucktard his job back.

Chances are we are going to need yet another new team put together in the summer and McGhee has shown he is not up to the task to rebuilding teams. And that's not just going with the shambles he put together up at Pittodrie. He couldn't get out of here quick enough when it became apparent he would have to assemble a whole new team. He knew he wasn't up to it, and their is no doubt Gannon done a better job with that than McGhee ever would have.

When he first joined us people were pointing out that when McGhee first joined clubs he hit the ground running and they would have a brilliant first season or so. Then, when some of the players started to leave and he had to start putting his own team together things started to go downhill.

McGhee had his chance, he couldn't wait to get the fuck out quick enough, time to leave that one well alone.

McGhee had his chance, he couldn't wait to get the fuck out quick enough, time to leave that one well alone.

I totally agree with this. He had his chance and then fucked off to what he thought was a better job. That shows exactly what his judgement is like.

Unless JB has something magical up his sleeve (and I dont this he has this time) then I would take McGhee/Leitch back til the end of the season at least at they are still better than most of the names in the frame. If all went well then maybe that could see them swapover with Leitch then groomed for taking over full time.

Bout time we put some of the shite behind us and looked at the bigger picture and the fact that the games over the next 4 weeks could make or break or season.

The long term good of the club won't be served by going back to these two.

I admit that some of the football under McGhee was great - but he failed miserably to demonstrate that he could source players on a budget and rebuild a team - which is an annual requirement round here.

The job right now requires someone who has a proven track record of adding a smattering of players to the youth coming through - with the emphasis being on youth. Broon was failing miserably here in my opinion whilst being really successful in other ways. He was looking to bring in journeymen at the exlusion of the young guys.

It's time for the team to be built to accomodate Saunders, Page, Hutch, Meechan, McHugh, Halsman, Quinn, Innes, Lawless Smith etc.

I'd like to see a better balance of chasing results vs playing attractive football

There's not a hope in hell of McGhee agreeing to come back and hold the fort 'til the end of the season, while we weigh up our options.

Leitch might well agree to it but if that's the route we are going down then that role would be just as well leaving Young to get on with it if we can't get someone with decent experience behind them.

Really the last thing we need now is to be looking for yet another manager in the summer, everyone is sick of this recently, imagine what it'll be like if we are in the same boat in 6 months. We need to get a permanent manager in who's going to, hopefully, be here for more than a fortnight.

I don't think Boyle would be stupid enough to bring him back. Most of the fans don't like him and i would consider not going back to Fir Park if that fanny was allowed to manage the club again. He fucked up big time at Aberdeen and he was found out in his second season at Fir Park that he's a shite manager.

I totally agree with this. He had his chance and then fucked off to what he thought was a better job. That shows exactly what his judgement is like.

Yup.

Plus he looked like he was being found out a little before he left. Personally I don't think he really knew what he'd done to do well in his first season or how to replicate it.

And I wouldn't like Motherwell to start rewarding managers for walking out on us.