Fir Park - I'm Sorry But It's Time To Go

MJC_MKI

even fancy new shiny stadiums experience burst pipes and closed toilets in extreme cold weather!

+ 1

In Gelsenkirchen, Schalke roof is partially collapsed due to snow and despite eviction. Also happen in new and more modern stadiums in extreme weather burst pipes or the like.

even fancy new shiny stadiums experience burst pipes and closed toilets in extreme cold weather!

It's not just that but is it? Look at the stadium, it's done. The East Stand is falling to bits, the stairs are barely safe to walk on, the toilet facilities are a disgrace and across from that, the Main Stand isn't much better.

Fir Park needs to be shut down and buldozed.

It's not just that but is it? Look at the stadium, it's done. The East Stand is falling to bits, the stairs are barely to walk on, the toilet facilities are a disgrace and across from that, the Main Stand isn't much better.

Fir Park needs to be shut down and buldozed.

It was the first time I've sat in the main stand for at least 10 years and was shocked with how crap it really is. I forgot how bad they wooden and plastic "seats" were. Atmosphere wise it wasn't much better either!

there was actual pish running from back to front of the east stand. There's no way that stand should have been open today. imaging that was your first 'Well game - would you fuck be coming back. Summed up the performance on the park

shambles

I work in Facilities Management for First Scotrail and the majority of our stations have frozen pipes and will have burst pipes with an increase in temperature.

How many grounds have problems with frozen / burst pipes in these extreme weather conditions?

Rangers game was off last week, Accies have problems and Blackpools game was off today.

The stadium is only open for one day almost every two weeks and at minus 15 some nights what do we expect???

I work in Facilities Management for First Scotrail and the majority of our stations have frozen pipes and will have burst pipes with an increase in temperature.

How many grounds have problems with frozen / burst pipes in these extreme weather conditions?

Rangers game was off last week, Accies have problems and Blackburn's game was off today.

The stadium is only open for one day almost every two weeks and at minus 15 some nights what do we expect???

Fucking miracles going by some of the posts on here :whistling:

And Leeann Dempster should clearly go because to not be able to control the weather is an utter disgrace B-)

there was actual pish running from back to front of the east stand. There's no way that stand should have been open today.

How the East Stand and the stadium passes a health and safety check is anyone’s guess. I know there has been extreme weather of late but if any other entertainment business charged £22 to sit in pish they would be quite rightly shut down.

John Boyle should have came over and sat in the East Stand today to experience first hand what the fans are getting for their money.

Not expecting miracles,just working toilets at the very least ,stands to be fit for purpose !!!!

I went in at 3 o'clock and the trough in the gents was threatening to burst its banks so i don't know why they were still letting people in

I'm not sure about the long term prospects for Fir Park but I can tell you that the efforts that went in to getting the game on today were phenominal. It was a game which financially, all at the club could ill afford to lose. The work done by Leeann and her team, particularly Ian Wilson and his ground staff was way above and beyond the call of duty.

At The Well Shop we were desperate for the game to go ahead and these guys performed minor miracles in achieving this, although its clear from these comments that conditions were not great.

Our sincere thanks go to all involved in the effort. The press are very quick to criticise the Club when games don't go ahead even though those involved have made every effort. It would be nice if they would recognise these efforts when they are successful. Can't see it making for great soundbytes though.

Alan Provan

The Well Shop

So how do you get working toilets when the pipes burst due to sub zero temperatures for weeks on end ?

You are expecting miracles!

We wouldn't pay to wade through pish anywhere else so i don't see why its acceptable at Fir Park.