Shellic V The Mighty Well

Yir Elder

Far better second half and shows what can be achived when you get right in about this lot. 2 1-0 losses to Celtic and two 4-1 losses to Rangers. Not great against the OF so far this season but I would be happy if we played like we did the 2nd half in every game against them. Closed them down and hit them hard, got right up them hence Brown's reaction and getting sent off. Shame it wasnt earlier.

Anyone fancy checking to see if there has been any bets in the Edinburgh area for a Celtic Red card.

Why didnt we play like that from the start?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said 10-0 Celtic? FFS, have some confidence in your own team. Might not be playing well, but they are a bunch of honest individuals who gave everything. Now we have management in place, lets take things forward.

The new bosses notes might just look like this:

Craggs, poor poor game and very slow. Cant pass a ball without it going out the park maybe time to move him on or put him into coaching.

Reynolds caught the wrong side too often, any offer in January take it and move on.

Gow looks good when on the ball but slower than a week in the jail. No end product let him go.

Blackman try and keep him guys the best thing we have.

TheHump fast and shows promise work with him and its all good.

Murphy 1st class and will make the top grae one day.

Laz 100% effort my kind of player

Randy cracking first half saves guy looks the part.

See the rest in training tomorrow but need to shake this lot up BIG TIME.

Ladies and gentlemen that was shocking ad I don't mind when we get beat if I know we were beaten by the better team but yet again I dont think we were. Both halfs of the OF are crap and we never even tried to take them on. Hat off to any fans that made that trip tonight and parted with cash for that. <_>

Who said 10-0 Celtic? FFS, have some confidence in your own team. Might not be playing well, but they are a bunch of honest individuals who gave everything. Now we have management in place, lets take things forward.

It was looking that way early on

Far better second half and shows what can be achived when you get right in about this lot. 2 1-0 losses to Celtic and two 4-1 losses to Rangers. Not great against the OF so far this season but I would be happy if we played like we did the 2nd half in every game against them. Closed them down and hit them hard, got right up them hence Brown's reaction and getting sent off. Shame it wasnt earlier.

Anyone fancy checking to see if there has been any bets in the Edinburgh area for a Celtic Red card.

Funny enough, the 2 celtic sympathisers that were commenting, made the very point that a celtic man was going to be sent off tonight.

Now, if the sfa want to check out further and conduct a proper enquiry, listen to the tape for the incriminating evidence. <_>

Only seen the second half but I thought we look 100x better than we did on sunday, chased balls, harrassed players and although we never had a shot on target I did feel that we could have got a goal which is more than i thought on sunday against rangers which is now my benchmark of how pish we can be.

Celtic steamrollered us until they scored tonight. And it was an avoidable goal - switched off from a short corner and let McCourt run at us though the deflection certainly beat Randolph - he may or may not have saved otherwise. And for whatever reason Celtic switched off after that point and we had as much as the game as they did. Though in the first half I think they were actually pretty good rather than us being completely rank rotten.

What was clear tonight was that we had a plan. Fitzpatrick was given the pig ugly roll of winning the ball back when they attacked. If he then happened to give the ball away that was OK because he had slowed them down enough that the back four had a shape and could cope well. And every ball Fitzpatrick went for Fitzpatrick won. Granted his passing was poor but he did the stifling job superbly which gave Hammell and Saunders licence to venture forward.

Celtic defended well on the most part by doubling up on the wing and closing down in the middle and against a lesser team and I mean anyone from Hearts southwards we would have got more than one opportunity and I think we would have scored.

Gow I don't think quite has the pace for the one up roll - I would have been tempted to play him and Murphy the other way round but he did show flashes of being a top notch SPL player tonight and when he came on there was a wonderful bit of skill by Blackman to hold the ball up.

Celtic were a bit streetwise for us in the end and tried to turn the atmosphere a bit ugly which we don't seem to cope well with. But as the tackles flew in I thought we did stand up for ourselves better - picked a couple of yellows which were justified along the way and did the ugly roll well. I thought that referee did well. Good application of advantage, booked when he had to - Mastorovic and Craigan perhaps a bit unlucky, let it run and wasn't intimidated by Celtic at all. Would take him again.

Interesting slant from Mr Lennon on the sending-off......

However, Lennon will be without his captain, Scott Brown, against Rangers after the midfielder was sent off for two bookable offences against Motherwell, the second yellow brandished for a challenge on Steven Hammell.

"He has done all he can to pull out of it and he's slipped as well," Lennon told BBC Scotland.

"Hammell's actually kicked Scott, so how he makes that a yellow card and a sending off I don't know.

"But I'm not going to talk about referees. Everyone saw his performance tonight, so they can make of it what they will."

First half was similar to Boxing Day, but in the second we were far better. Not enough to derserve a point but still a bit more encouraging nonetheless.

Onwards and upwards.

What planet are Celtic and there fans on. Just had an argument with a couple of them at work who are saying that the ref did everything to get Motherwell something from the game! Trying to say Hately and Lasley should both have been red carded and Brown didn't deserve to go! Look at that Nugget Lennons comments! Says it all!

Haha Jesus these boys are blinkered beyond belief! Indoctrinated paranoia!

What planet are Celtic and there fans on. Just had an argument with a couple of them at work who are saying that the ref did everything to get Motherwell something from the game! Trying to say Hately and Lasley should both have been red carded and Brown didn't deserve to go! Look at that Nugget Lennons comments! Says it all!

Haha Jesus these boys are blinkered beyond belief! Indoctrinated paranoia!

It's all one big conspiracy dontcha know :evilgrin: ?

What planet are Celtic and there fans on. Just had an argument with a couple of them at work who are saying that the ref did everything to get Motherwell something from the game! Trying to say Hately and Lasley should both have been red carded and Brown didn't deserve to go!

It never ceases to amaze me how seemingly normal sane adult human beings can think like that!!

Can you hear the paranoia from here..............?

I’m not sure now about Scott Brown’s ordering off last night, I thought at the time it was a booking, but I am sure that referee Stephen Finnie certainly did not cover himself in glory, I thought that he let some Motherwell players get away with tackles which were similar to ones he was punishing our players for, and I would suggest Stephen Craigan and Alan Gow were the players guilty in most instances.

The same could be said of the two previous referees at Celtic Park, namely Callum Murray and Willie Collum, I thought their displays were questionably to say the least, is this the revenge of the refereeing fraternity for the removal of Dallas and Mc Donald?

I was not expecting them to roll over, and I certain hope that we wont either, if questions need to be asked then we should ask them, for instance; why award the match on Sunday to Craig Thomson; when he had an absolute shocker last season in the same fixture; having to apologise for not awarding a penalty for Weir’s tackle on Shaun Maloney; and in general appearing to favour the opposition at every opportunity.

Maybe early on, but it was never, ever gonna be 10-0. Never.

Agreed but I am still mortified, regardless of our off the field situation, that we went to Parkhead against a team that has dropped points at home to Dun Utd, ICT, an,d Killie in the last month and never even registered a shot or header on target. Or even got many OFF TARGET.

Shameful.

Agreed but I am still mortified, regardless of our off the field situation, that we went to Parkhead against a team that has dropped points at home to Dun Utd, ICT, an,d Killie in the last month and never even registered a shot or header on target. Or even got many OFF TARGET.

Shameful.

Poor I know, but there was a header in the second half which was on target (goalie had to pick it up) and the Lasley blocked effort was also on target so I'd count that as 2, not the 0 as reported.