Memory Of 2010

Special aka

The year is almost at an end, and I ask you for your MFC Memory of 2010.

For me, it's simple ............. yes the Juke's equaliser against Hibs presented me with a lung exploding head bursting wake up the street knuckle breaking off the ceiling moment ..................... my 1st European away goal with live with me for ever.

Tom Hateley's last minute strike in Odense was more than a goal. To me it was the end of a 19 year wait to see my first 'Well away goal in Europe. Katowice, Dortmund and Nancy had all been wonderful trips but no goal to celebrate. :evilgrin: At 49, I was in tears.

Hately's late strike was more than a goal because as the ball hit the back of the net and the travelling supported erupted it gave us real hope. It gave us real hope that our beloved MFC could turn a 2-1 defeat around at Fir Park and would proceed to the money-making group stages of the Europa Cup.

Sadly it was not to be, but Tom Hateley's direct free kick into the top right hand corner of the net is my Memory of 2010.

What's yours ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game against Hibs has to be it for me, especially Jutkiewicz's equaliser. As our 3rd goal went in you could sense the belief in the stadium but I don't think anyone could quite have predicted the match ending in that manner.

He had absolutely no right to score from that long punt up the pitch, or the weary-legged chase and the fact that he just hit it because he was too tired to run just put the icing on top.

One of the most purely ecstatic moments of my 28 years following the Well.

:whistling:

Aye, the whole last 25 minutes of the 6-6 with Hibs was a wonderful memory. From the moment big Giles made it 6-3 the atmosphere of positivity and belief increased, and when the Juke crashed home 'that' goal the feeling was immense.

Truly amazing.

My memory of 2010 is a negative one, one which has seen me question whether I will watch scottish football next year. I will always love the Well but with shite refs, dodgy SPL/SFL etc etc 2010 will be remembered for being shite.

6-6 game was amazing tho

The trip to Odense as it was my first Euro away match, the whole trip was great 2 days of all things Motherwell. Met a few posters who i only knew by name from this forum as well which was good.

Met you in Odense with Brazilian, Special and a few others, very very drunk :D great times. Apart from that the jukes goal against Hibs or his penalty against Rangers at Ibrox to make it 3-3 ;)

Beating Mutleys Aberdeen team 3-0 at the Dung Heap would of been up there, had i been there.

The trip to Odense would of been up there too, if i could remember it B-)

But even tho i wasnt there (again), sitting in the Seamans Mission in Pointe Noire, meeting two random hibees who i will never meet again in my life, and the 3 of us all sitting around our mobile phones to get text updates of the game. If they werent there, getting the same text messages i was, i would never of beleived the score. Just seeing there faces when all 3 phones text messaged recieved at the same time, and them saying, "that'll be full time, 6-5 then big man, bad luck.......oh for fuck sake!" while im jumping round the place like a drunk daft c**t, was just priceless!

So, the equaliser in the 6-6 game v Hibees is mine too :D

moment ..................... my 1st European away goal with live with me for ever.

Tom Hateley's last minute strike in Odense was more than a goal. To me it was the end of a 19 year wait to see my first 'Well away goal in Europe. Katowice, Dortmund and Nancy had all been wonderful trips but no goal to celebrate. :D At 49, I was in tears.

+ 1 Its Exactly the same for me, age, away trips in Europe, and no goals to enjoy until Odense i dont think i cried though B-)

Hately's freekick for me wins,

I wasn't able to attend the game in Denmark but i was in JD's with my brother, the bar was packed in both sections and as soon as Hately struck that beautiful kick the place erupted.

Pints were thrown,folk were on tables, strangers hugging and cheering and the singing at the end.

It's moments like that for me that prove i made a good choice with being a Motherwell fan