Fao Leeann Dempster

dinnae-punt-it

I'll be rude and (try and) answer a question with a question... Is every committee unanimous?

No, but given that the meeting the other lasted all of 3 hours I'd take a guess and say that there wasn't much opposition to the idea.

If the committee isn't unanimous,(even if only by 1, let's say that's us), then that means they are trying to push though a set-up that clearly isn't supported by anything like a majority of member clubs, nevermind the 11/1 or 10/2 voting majority that is needed.

Unless of course some of the teams who are 'in neither camp' vote the proposals through just for changes sake.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is so much credence and defference being given to the Old Firm when every single one of us knows that they would leave our shiny new league at the drop of an EPL/Atlantic hat anyway.

The 10 team league is setting itself up to rely on 4 x Old Firm gate receipts etc. If they do piss off, that plan is then bumped.

The irony is that the whole thing revolves around trying to get the best TV deal the clubs possibly can, and yet if they got this shiny, fancy new deal that they are so desperate for, and we all stayed at home to watch it...they would go mental because there were no fans at games.

"We need to get the best TV deal possible, but if we do, can you please not watch it?"

Mental.

I'm beginning to think that this whole league re-construction gig is a big smokescreen to divert attention from the fact that we STILL don't have an Assistant Manager at the club.

In saying that every week that passes with this post not filled is more money saved and into the coffers to put towards our next Esteban Casagolda!

Obviously discussions such as this are taken so far above my level I have no input and as such, as a club employee, I am not too sure it would be appropriate for me to comment on it from a personal point of view.

One thing though, purely from an interest point of view and this is 100% purely hypothetical.

Neil Doncaster stated tonight i.e. the German model), would that change this debate any?that a move to a trimmed 10-team league would generate more money from TV Broadcasters. Now, if that money was used to reduce the cost of admission to games (

Just out of interest...

You mean charge us less for the same old shite just to shut us up?

I'm really surprised that you've brought the bribery ploy into play so early, isn't that meant to be a last resort?

He really is a grade A c**t. Useless in charge of the SFA and nothing in that interview suggests to me that he's not the arrogant prick that he showed himself up to be. He (along with the SPL) are trying to portray themselves as some sort of business mavericks and us fans are brainless twats who've never heard of a balance sheet. Short term we get a slightly better TV deal but attendances are already dwindling and will plummet even further if the ten team deal gets the go ahead - then what Gordon? We're fucked, totally fucked and none of these morons seems to grasp that.

You mean charge us less for the same old shite just to shut us up?

I'm really surprised that you've brought the bribery ploy into play so early, isn't that meant to be a last resort?

To be fair, for long enough on here and in other football forums people have moaned that football is too expensive. You can't then turn round when they talk about reducing admission fees and say "Aw, yer bribing us now...".

Not that I'm coming out as a major supporter of the 10 team set-up, just that a reduction in admission fees would address one of the issues that people seem to have a problem with. Seems a bit churlish to dismiss it...

To be fair, for long enough on here and in other football forums people have moaned that football is too expensive. You can't then turn round when they talk about reducing admission fees and say "Aw, yer bribing us now...".

Not that I'm coming out as a major supporter of the 10 team set-up, just that a reduction in admission fees would address one of the issues that people seem to have a problem with. Seems a bit churlish to dismiss it...

But it's a blatant bribe and we can see through it so we're perfectly entitled to say so. I would obviously welcome a reduction in admission costs but bringing it in after fucking up the game by moving to a 10 team league is like opening the back door after the cats spewed all over your kitchen floor.

But it's a blatant bribe and we can see through it so we're perfectly entitled to say so.

For goodness sake, it's not a blatant bribe, it's probably not even on the agenda, I don't know.

I was a purely hypothetical point to open debate as to what the real issues were in Scottish Football i.e. is price of week to week games more important than how many clubs are in the division.

Jeez! :thumbup:

For goodness sake, it's not a blatant bribe, it's probably not even on the agenda, I don't know.

I was a purely hypothetical point to open debate as to what the real issues were in Scottish Football i.e. is price of week to week games more important than how many clubs are in the division.

Jeez! :thumbup:

I wasn't referring to your post Flow, I was answering the previous post, I know you were only opening it up for debate but if it were forthcoming now, and the suggestion by Gordon Smith in his interview is that it could be, then that is exactly what it is.

"Oh the fans urnae happy, ah know we'll tell 'em we'll bring prices down, they've been maoning aboot that for years. That'll shut them up."

Naw it willnae, it's gone way past that stage, everything that's wrong about the game is getting dragged up and none of them in isolation will make the slightest difference.

Chill young man, let us do the fretting, it is what we do best after all :evilgrin:

Price is the a massive issue. People won't pay anymore. They are fed up with getting charged £20. £22, 26 pounds to sit and watch total crap football. Once fans have gone it is nearly imposible to get them back. When are clubs going to wake up and have a real go at getting fans back. Its about the fans. This is the first thing that needs sorted not the size of our league. Worry about the fans first and then the tv. It is TV that is killing our game when are we all going to realise this.

There are two ways you can look at things.

Rather than reducing prices to justify a shite product, look at it from the other angle... Improve the product, make it more competitive, give fans what they want and justify the admission prices.

I'm not dismissing it, I'm pointing out that it's a bribe plain and simple.

They know we've been moaning about it so they're throwing it hoping we'll look the other way and allow them to sneak in a Top 10.

Does anyone actually think this will go through now? I don't think it will and this time last night I thought it would.

So where do we go from here? I think when the clubs vote against it you will quickly see the resignation of Neil Doncaster. He will be shown up to have no authority and only as a puppet of the old firm and Sky/ESPN, therefore his position will become untenable . One thing is for sure the next year is going to be interesting.

There is one phrase in Derek Weir's statement that I have a problem with, and it's this...

"Some of those changes are good for Motherwell FC, others not so good."

It's good to see that Mr Weir has Motherwell's interests at heart, but this is not about Motherwell Football Club. It's about Scottish Football as a whole. If we've got 12 clubs in there all trying to get what's best for each of them then we are never going to get anything done.

Only thing I'll throw in about Doncaster and the Old Firm...

I don't think he has any soft spot for them and I also don't think either Old Firm club would be against a bigger set-up... so long as the revenue they get stays the same or improves so they can perform in Europe. They ain't interested what shite we line up against them...

By the way, the figures quoted earlier are correct...

QUOTE (steelboy @ Jan 5 2011, 11:57 PM)

that's not true. right now the split works like this.

1 - 4% + 13% = 17%2.21m

2 - 4% + 11% = 15%1.95m

3 - 4% + 5.5% = 9.5%1.235m

4 - 4% + 4.5% = 8.5%1.105m

5 - 4% + 4.0% = 8.0%1.04m

6 - 4% + 3.5% = 7.5%0.975

7 - 4% + 3.0% = 7.0% 0.91m

8 - 4% + 2.5% = 6.5% 0.845m

9 - 4% + 2.0% = 6.0% 0.78m

10 - 4% + 1.5% = 5.5% 0.715

11 - 4% + 1.0% = 5.0% 0.65m

12 - 4% + 0.5% = 4.5% 0.585m

not fair but not as bad as your making out.

Does anyone actually think this will go through now? I don't think it will and this time last night I thought it would.

So where do we go from here? I think when the clubs vote against it you will quickly see the resignation of Neil Doncaster. He will be shown up to have no authority and only as a puppet of the old firm and Sky/ESPN, therefore his position will become untenable . One thing is for sure the next year is going to be interesting.

Of course it will go through, those 4 clubs will be sweetened up before the vote and the OF will get what they want, they always do.

It's amazing isn't it we've got two Englishmen in the highest posts in Scottish Football. One Doncaster came from Norwich City and the other, Stewart Regan, came from Yorkshire Cricket Club. Between them they know less than fuck all about Scottish Football, and we wonder why the games in the mess it is?

So as has been mention the two leagues of ten is about strengthening the second league so they have a better chance of making money therefore strengthing Scottish football. Ok so what about Rangers and Celtic giving the rest of the teams more of the money to strengthen scottish football. Sorry I forgot they can't do that because it isn't fare. They are on the tele more so they must have most of the money.

Instead of a top division why not have 2. Yes 2 top divisions.

League A would look something like this / League B would look like this.

Dunfermline / Aberdeen

Hearts / Dundee

Dundee Utd / Hibernian

Falkirk / Rangers

Livingston / Clyde

Celtic / Hamilton

Motherwell / Airdrie

Inverness / Morton

Partick Thistle / Ross County

Raith Rovers / Ayr United

In each league each team plays each other twice. Then the top 5 teams of each league form the top league for the remainder of the season. The points will be set to zero again and then the so called best teams will play each other twice to see who will be champions of Scotland. No relegation in the top league just go for the championship. Relegation for the bottom four teams in the second league. There you go scottish football is saved. Job done :drinks: