Marc Fitzpatrick

Steviereidml1

Radio Clyde news were reporting that he had left the club after rejecting a new contract and he would not be back at Fir park.

Quote from official site

“We’ve offered Mark a deal and we hope to hear back from him in the next 24-hours or so,” said McCall.

“He does have an offer from another club on the table though so it’s something he will have to consider carefully and we are respectful of that.”

Discussed on a couple of other threads

Off to Ross County

Longer contract / similar or better wages

Great move for him

If that's the case it worries me that Motherwell are that financially strapped that we can't compete with lower division clubs. What chance do we have of attracting players to Fir Park

If that's the case it worries me that Motherwell are that financially strapped that we can't compete with lower division clubs. What chance do we have of attracting players to Fir Park

Ross County offer a good deal, their chairman looks after them better than most SPL teams do. Its an atrractive offer

It was the longer contract on offer that swung it in her favour, not the wages on offer.

I would guess we only offered him yet another 6 month deal while County offered him an 18 month or 2.5 year deal.

The poster was asking for clarification not yet another opinion given this move doesn't appear to be confirmed yet but seemingly likely.

He's off to Dingwall this morning to join in training.

Probably be confirmed tomorrow so he can play at the weekend.

I dunno mate - I'm getting the impression we didn't try that har to keep him

I think that also. If we really wanted to keep him I'm sure the club could have made a more lucrative deal for him. I think the chance of First team football in a regular basis was too good to turn down, dont think it boils down to County being able to out pay out more than us or such. Chances were he would have been moved on in the summer any way. Least now it free's up wages and SMc can start to put his stamp on the squad. Wish Fitz all the best at county.

From his own Twitter account:

On Wednesday 12th January 2011, @fitzy071109 said:

Just want to thank all the m/well fans for thier nice msgs! It was a hard decision to leave I've been there along time but feel the time is right for me to move on! I wish m/well all the best for the season and hope they stay up that league and maybe some silverware to boot?!

On Thursday 13th January 2011, @fitzy071109 said:

Can't believe I'm up at this time and not going on holiday!! Getting picked up to head up to dingwall to train with my new team for first time looking forward to the new challange!

Sorry to see him go but totally understandable for both parties. I'd imagine the club didn't offer a long-term contract and he's got a chance for a longer deal and first team football. No-brainer to be honest.

Good luck to the lad, hope he makes a go of it.

Great move for both parties. This frees up the wage bill to sign a decent, left sided midfielder. There's been loads of criticism for Fitzy - including from me. I hope regular, first team football in the First Division will help him realise his potential.

But see all that patter about decent, no-nonsense, honest, unglamorous, does all the dirty work, midfielder? That just reads as second rate. Lasley and Jennings do all the spade work in the middle of the park too - but play at a level comparable with SPL opposition.

Cheers Marc

But see all that patter about decent, no-nonsense, honest, unglamorous, does all the dirty work, midfielder? That just reads as second rate. Lasley and Jennings do all the spade work in the middle of the park too - but play at a level comparable with SPL opposition.

Cheers Marc

100% agree