Stuart Mccall Assistant

El Grew

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't be my choice but I don't see what his record, as a manager of Airdrie has to do with him becoming Assistant Manager at Motherwell. Just take a look at the likes of Maurice Malpas, Brian Kidd, Archie Knox, Carlos Queiroz and many, many, many more...

All very good Assistant Managers but very questionable as actual Managers...

Wouldn't be my choice but I don't see what his record, as a manager of Airdrie has to do with him becoming Assistant Manager at Motherwell. Just take a look at the likes of Maurice Malpas, Brian Kidd, Archie Knox, Carlos Queiroz and many, many, many more...

All very good Assistant Managers but very questionable as actual Managers...

Basically because he was Airdrie manager

It's like Billy Reid being Assistant

So it's a step up for him then. And as others have pointed out, he is an ex-Well player.

Aye ex-Well player,arrived half way through 83-84 season from Rangers in a swap deal with Derek Lyall for Nicky Walker,then buggered of to tynecastle at the end of the season when we got relegated,so was here for less than half a season.

Aye ex-Well player,arrived half way through 83-84 season from Rangers in a swap deal with Derek Lyall for Nicky Walker,then buggered of to tynecastle at the end of the season when we got relegated,so was here for less than half a season.
Do you hate Bobby Graham for playing for Accies for 4 years and Willie Pettigrew for his 3 years at Hearts? The team Black managed aren't our rivals - they are Clydebank with different jerseys.

Whats Pettigrew playing with hearts got to do with Motherwell's rivalry with Airdrie?

TBF Hearts are more our "rivals" than Airdrie United could ever dream of being, never mind actually being. I don't buy this crap that they're Airdrieonians because they're not. As weeyin says, they're Clydebank in Airdrie colours...

TBF Hearts are more our "rivals" than Airdrie United could ever dream of being, never mind actually being. I don't buy this crap that they're Airdrieonians because they're not. As weeyin says, they're Clydebank in Airdrie colours...

Well i guess we can all agree we dont like Aberdeen :D

Do you hate Bobby Graham for playing for Accies for 4 years and Willie Pettigrew for his 3 years at Hearts? The team Black managed aren't our rivals - they are Clydebank with different jerseys.

Would you like to highlight for me exactly were i said i hated anyone?I merely stated 'where Kenny Black came from and when and how long he was here and where he buggered off too at the 1st opportunity after relegation.

so he was a shite manager, doesn't mean he isn't a good coach. no?

also i couldn't give less of a fuck that he used to manage Airdrie

Whilst the fact he used to manage and play for Airdrie doesn't bother me at all (truth be told I actually quite like the fact that it irked their fans when we've signed Coyle and Gow because of how much they liked then) and Black may well go on to prove himself an assistant of some repute, I can't help feeling there should be alarm bells ringing given horrendously poor a reputation he has amongst my mates, whose opinions I generally hold as being pretty sound.

I'm getting the same reaction from Airdrie supporting mates!!! Chuckle chuckle chuckle appears to be the general consensus!

Need to wait and see though, as has been mentioned might be a decent number 2! I think we really need to get someone in ASAP as SMc must be hard worked at the moment with scouting, training, trying to sign players etc!

Need to remember that Black has worked with the tactical geniuses(genii) that are Craig Levein and Peter Houston recently so he might have picked up a trick or two! ESP with the attacking football philosophy that SMc wants to approach!