Stuart Mccall Assistant

El Grew

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a concern for me. McCall need his own man in there to take training while he can focus his attention on chasing new recruits. Judging by our lacklustre players over the last month, the players have been missing the presence and guidance of Knox more than anything.

You would like to think McCall came to Motherwell with a 2-3 yearplan for the club. A plan that would naturally encompass his preferences for coaching staff.

The longer the delay does anyone else think there is a possibility that Leitch is coming back in?

Heard that wee rumour today too. But I think McCall had two or three names in the frame for this so ..... who knows?

Nah, McCall will want (and deserve to have) his own pick. Again, I think it is just a money saving exercise. Wouldn't be surprised if the Assistant has been lined up but told he won't have a job till Feb.

That perhaps ties in with the fact that the U19's aren't due to resume their campaign until the end of January after their scheduled winter break. No mention thus far of winter training camps for the squad this year so that would suggest that Gordon Young is around to assist more than he might have been otherwise.

There's also Bobby Jenks and Stewart Kerr on the staff so whilst I'm sure that McCall will want his own man in alongside him, he's not without backup as it stands at the moment.

Read on FirParkCorner that Kenny Black is latest name linked...

Thoughts?

Is he not a coach with Scotland and would he be kinda part time at both?

Bit of a shame if true - the only time he'll ever see Mark Reynolds play is if we play Wednesday in a friendly

Pretty uninspiring if it comes to pass. His CV apart grom us is impressive. R*****s, Airdrie, Hearts - Ooft - nearly a full hoose!

Read on FirParkCorner that Kenny Black is latest name linked...

Thoughts?

Is he not a coach with Scotland and would he be kinda part time at both?

Oh I don't like the sound of that one at all. For much of the last three or four years I've heard my Airdrie mates slaughter him. They don't rate him at all.

What was it three two relegations and three play-off defeats in three years?

From today's Scotsman

"Former Airdrie boss Kenny Black is poised to be named as Stuart McCall's new assistant manager at Motherwell this morning"

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Cup your hand to your ear and you can just make out the faint sound of laughter and celebration coming from around seven miles away.

Kenny Black being appointed Motherwell assistant manager will be the best thing that's happened to Airdrie fans in years.

EDIT: Couple of quick bits of reaction from some Airdrie mates when I forwarded on the Scotsman snippet.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

"Brilliant :nod:"

"At least the national team will get better!!!! Enjoy!"