Motherwell Fc The Future?

the fox

Not for the first time lately i and many others are getting increasingly concerned about the future direction of the club.I dont expect the club to win very week but i and many others shell out compared to relative income good money to watch sub standard football.

Including Mark Reynolds (for whom we are informed NO money will be made available to the manager) three players have left who will come in to fill the void?

On top of this we have the disgraceful shambles in the East where water is leaking from the toilet all over the stands, this situation can not continue.

Is John Boyle and/or other board members going to get a grip on things or is Fir park going to end up like Cathkin Park?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no money and I am sorry, but as many people here staed that they would opt for more youngsters instead of money, it wont change! (14 vs 10 Team league!)

So most MFC supporters do not have anything to complain.

I guess without any money, there will not be a move anywhere.

Maybe in 5 years time we'll still be functioning as a sustainable business while Killie and Hearts will be out of business. Granted, maybe not with Europa qualifiers in mid July, just East Fife pre-season friendlies.

JB's fingers have been burnt once before, some would argue twice. He's a successful businessman because he learned from his mistakes and implemented changes accordingly.

Not easy reading seeing the one-way traffic regarding transfers but most stuff tends to happen on the last day of the window within the last hour.

There is no money and I am sorry, but as many people here staed that they would opt for more youngsters instead of money, it wont change! (14 vs 10 Team league!)

So most MFC supporters do not have anything to complain.

I guess without any money, there will not be a move anywhere.

Aye toilet water leaking all over the stand is ok

I still believe we're going to be absolutely fine and in a new stadium at Ravenscraig within the next 10 years. We're lucky that we have a chairman who is actually a fan (could you imagine a Romanov in charge) money is tight now in Scottish football but we'll ride out the storm.

Could be worse. We could have done a Livingston or Dundee.... two teams that went through what we did, but got burnt by dodgy new owners (Livingston) or didn't learn from their past (Dundee). Least we have a board that knows it is more important for there to be a Motherwell FC than for us to throw money at a pipe-dream. They might not always do it the way some on here would, or make decisions that are popular to the masses but they still have Motherwell first.

it's a simple equation. Money in = Money Out. With 3000-4000 home fans a week there is no money coming in. We no longer have the home support of a sustainable SPL club. The reasons for that is a long and varied list but Motherwell is on a downward spiral that is only going to get worse. The frightening thing is that this is after 3-4 reletively succesful seasons.

Not for the first time lately i and many others are getting increasingly concerned about the future direction of the club.I dont expect the club to win very week but i and many others shell out compared to relative income good money to watch sub standard football.

Including Mark Reynolds (for whom we are informed NO money will be made available to the manager) three players have left who will come in to fill the void?

On top of this we have the disgraceful shambles in the East where water is leaking from the toilet all over the stands, this situation can not continue.

Is John Boyle and/or other board members going to get a grip on things or is Fir park going to end up like Cathkin Park?

Four players have gone and Three have come back so not really a big Problem, If you include the fitness of Hutchy then we're back to square one.

The east stand has to go, if not Fir Park first.

And I certainly hope not :O. we couldn't hold up 50'000. It'd be embarrassment every week ;)

it's a simple equation. Money in = Money Out. With 3000-4000 home fans a week there is no money coming in. We no longer have the home support of a sustainable SPL club. The reasons for that is a long and varied list but Motherwell is on a downward spiral that is only going to get worse. The frightening thing is that this is after 3-4 reletively succesful seasons.

In a way you're kinda hitting the nail on the head as far as the reason for the downward spiral. The first thing to do on the road to fixing it, is to acknowledge that this isnt a Motherwell problem...it's a Scottish football problem. The people who are staying away arent doing so because Motherwell are shite, they are doing so because Scottish football is shite/overpriced. People won't come back until the product being paid for is worth the amount being paid.

That's not just football, thats simple business.

There's a lot of things JB can't help & doesn't have the cash to help but appointing a manager is in his control & time will tell but i think he maybe made a gaff in McCall. McGhee came in & got off to a flyer. Gannon came in & got off to a flyer. Brown came in & got off to a flyer. McCall came in & we are slowly sliding down the league. Right now we are struggling to score a single goal in the league & McCall comes out and says hopefully we will have a good striker in place for next season! WTF has he already given up on this season? If it wasn't for the fact Accies are so bad & St Mirren are just Cowdenbeath in disguise we would be in serious trouble this season if McCall can't address the problems in the squad.

All the others had cash to spend at varying levels, one thing McCall has not and will not be given, some also inherited a stronger squad

McCall has been handed a shitey stick that no one else would take on, no one should be comparing him to the others especially at this early stage

he's barely been in the door a fortnight, some positives already being seen as he gets to know whats he has got to deal with and relies less on others advice once its his tactics positions players then itll be time to judge

as for the custodian, he purchased a well run club and like any manager his measure will be in what state he leaves the club,

I;m in a similar boat to many, in that I'm drifting away, as AL_B indicates its a bigger problem than just Motherwell can solve, sadly our club carry as much blame as any for the problem existing, albeit some actions appear that seem to be steps towards a solution only for others to blow them away

I think we'll be OK. When you think about it, many of our best players were through our youth system. The ground does need basic improvements, it isn't acceptable if toilets are over-flowing, I thought that sort of thing was for the 1970's. So, we need to move on and provide better standards for fans and a team that is the pride of Lanarkshire again. If we do build a new stadium I certainly don't want a cheap NDP or Love Street lego land, I want a ground that has corner seating for example, anyway that's for another thread. We also need a long-term management team, this 2 year stint is useless.

Boyle a fan ok? then tomorrow im going to feed 5 000 people with a fish supper and a bottle of irn bru .Get a grip

is that meant to mean he isn't if so it's fucking bullshit. JB has made mistakes during his time as owner but he has ploughed millions into the club then also written off a debt of around 6 million. We are now in a situation where he is trying to run the club as a business and with crowds of 3700 today we aint going to be buying anybody in the future, we will be lucky to have a club.

is that meant to mean he isn't if so it's fucking bullshit. JB has made mistakes during his time as owner but he has ploughed millions into the club then also written off a debt of around 6 million. We are now in a situation where he is trying to run the club as a business and with crowds of 3700 today we aint going to be buying anybody in the future, we will be lucky to have a club.

+1. I was at the game yesterday and am as fed-up as the next man with the way things are going. There is a really depressing feeling about the club, SPL and scottish football in general at present. This is despite the relative success of our club in recent years (and hopefully a cup final or 2 this year!) However, to blame it on Boyle or to accuse him of not being a fan is as pathetic as it is stupid. Sure, he has made mistakes but who hasn't in life/work? Fact is we would be in a much, much worse position right now without him.

Tell you what, do you think Romanov would have simply written off the near £8Million or thereabouts Boyle did? He'd have stayed in Lithuania and let the club go to the wall.

Tell you what, do you think Romanov would have simply written off the near £8Million or thereabouts Boyle did? He'd have stayed in Lithuania and let the club go to the wall.

Quite Rickoza. I don't know about Motherwell the future but Motherwell the recent past is competing at the top half of the SPL and playing in Europe. All from a club that has a quite frankly embarrassing home support for an SPL club. In fact this season we were doing well and may again given we are in a semi final and could with a bit of luck find ourselves in another. We have had an uncertain period over the past 2 months allied to poor results due to the fixture list and Broon jumping ship.

I am not sure McCall is the right man either. Time will tell, but if Liverpool and Chelsea can struggle to pick up results why should we expect that every time we appoint a manager he SHOULD be an instant success?? McCall has delivered 3 clean sheets in 4, negotiated a tough looking away cup tie when Hibs, St Mirren and Hearts struggled big time.

A reality check would not go a miss by some on this message board. So many doom merchants, me I am happy we are where we are at this moment in time. Hopefully McCall will bring in a few fresh faces and we can kick on for the remainder of the season.

..................... There is a really depressing feeling about the club, SPL and scottish football in general at present. This is despite the relative success of our club in recent years (and hopefully a cup final or 2 this year!) However, to blame it on Boyle or to accuse him of not being a fan is as pathetic as it is stupid. Sure, he has made mistakes but who hasn't in life/work? Fact is we would be in a much, much worse position right now without him.

Agreed. Scottish football is on a downward spirral, and I fear the future is bleak but not because of John Boyle. Give me JB over any of the idiots at Pittodrie, Parkhead, Tynecastle or the likes anyday.

I don't know about Motherwell the future but Motherwell the recent past is competing at the top half of the SPL and playing in Europe. All from a club that has a quite frankly embarrassing home support for an SPL club.

Aye you say that but how many SPL clubs play in towns of 30,000 punters? None. I know there are other areas, Wishaw, Hamilton, Bellshill etc.. but this is just weegie overspill so basically our 'core' support has always come from the town. Even with a shite crowd yesterday is is over 10% of the town showing up for a game. That's the equivilent of 6,000 at a Stirling Albion match or 5,000 at an Ayr Urd game.

But aye it is worrying but only because traditionally, all things considered we have always a very healthy support.

Where has Leeann Dempster been in recent months? Until the arrival of Derek Weir she appeared to be at the forefront of everything the club was doing. She communicated well with the fans, set out our intentions with regards to tieing up the futures of our young prospects and was at the centre of every transfer/contract negotiation.

From the outside, she doesn't appear to have such influence at the moment.

It is becoming easier to understand why Broon jumped ship.