Motherwell Fc The Future?

the fox

I'm no apologist for the club but I guess she's been very busy lately.

* Stadium matters and emergency repairs (the safety officer left and a new one does not start for a week or two)

* Sorting out transfers and contracts

* Busy with the search for a new manager and his assistant

* Fixtures to organise

* a whole host of other routine issues to attend to which go on behind the scenes.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no apologist for the club but I guess she's been very busy lately.

* Stadium matters and emergency repairs (the safety officer left and a new one does not start for a week or two)

* Sorting out transfers and contracts

* Busy with the search for a new manager and his assistant

* Fixtures to organise

* a whole host of other routine issues to attend to which go on behind the scenes.

That's fine if that's the case. I was in by no means having a dig at her. I was more concerned that her duties had diminished somewhat as she hadn't been in the public eye for a while.

As you may know from my previous posts i have a very strong opinion on the way the club is run when it comes to the fans and the community. How i believe motherwell is a lazy club who really on the few thousand that go to fir park every week and have little desire to increse attendances and fan base. The majority of this town dont see motherwell as there home town club and hardly ever think about motherwell fc. fir park seems foreign to these people and a different world. The club needs brought back to the community. Not just the area around fir park but the whole town and county.

anybody know what these people do http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/community/our-staff/

Where has Leeann Dempster been in recent months? Until the arrival of Derek Weir she appeared to be at the forefront of everything the club was doing. She communicated well with the fans, set out our intentions with regards to tieing up the futures of our young prospects and was at the centre of every transfer/contract negotiation.

From the outside, she doesn't appear to have such influence at the moment.

It is becoming easier to understand why Broon jumped ship.

Ill health I believe, that's why Derek Weir has stepped in.

Our staff are here to provide you with the best possible service, the best possible coaching and the best possible experience.

We are passionate about sports participation, football, health and well being, improving lifestyles, lifelong learning, making our communities better, safer, and stronger, and of course we are passionate about Motherwell Football Club.

Charlie Bennett

Head of Adult Learning and Motherwell FC in the Community

Charlie.Bennett@motherwellfc.co.uk

Tel: 01698 239926

Fax: 01698 338021

Stevie Kirk

Community Officer

Stevie.Kirk@motherwellfc.co.uk

Graeme McArthur

Community Officer

Graeme.McArthur@motherwellfc.co.uk

Teresa O’Keeffe

Community Officer

Teresa.Okeeffe@motherwellfc.co.uk

Tel: 01698 2

Are you blaming Stevie Kirk for whats going wrong?Thats fucking treason that is.

Our staff are here to provide you with the best possible service, the best possible coaching and the best possible experience.

We are passionate about sports participation, football, health and well being, improving lifestyles, lifelong learning, making our communities better, safer, and stronger, and of course we are passionate about Motherwell Football Club.

Charlie Bennett

Head of Adult Learning and Motherwell FC in the Community

Charlie.Bennett@motherwellfc.co.uk

Stevie Kirk

Community Officer

Stevie.Kirk@motherwellfc.co.uk

Graeme McArthur

Community Officer

Graeme.McArthur@motherwellfc.co.uk

Teresa O’Keeffe

Community Officer

Teresa.Okeeffe@motherwellfc.co.uk

Tel: 01698 2

Are you blaming Stevie Kirk for whats going wrong?Thats fucking treason that is.

Please tell us all whats going wrong.Any inside info ?

What are they doing to increase attendances and fan base dosser1886?

Thankless task mate, with our proximity to Glasgow and the media profile of other Clubs, (many outwith Scotland). Motherwell have done more than most in recent years to attract new and floating fans:- reduced prices, free for kids, Ladies Day, to name but a few.

I went to Knowetop Primary, and except for Gordon Dalziel, everyone supported Motherwell. At Dalziel High, I was aware of 2 Rangers and one Celtic supporter in my year.

I bet those odds are way off the mark now. :lol:

Aye you say that but how many SPL clubs play in towns of 30,000 punters? None. I know there are other areas, Wishaw, Hamilton, Bellshill etc.. but this is just weegie overspill so basically our 'core' support has always come from the town. Even with a shite crowd yesterday is is over 10% of the town showing up for a game. That's the equivilent of 6,000 at a Stirling Albion match or 5,000 at an Ayr Urd game.

But aye it is worrying but only because traditionally, all things considered we have always a very healthy support.

Wait...what?

the only way the attendances will go up is when the prices are dropped permanently i know of 5 fans that used to go every week but now purely down to finance theyd be lucky if theyve been at half a dozen games between them this season.sadly i dont see anything happening to lower the prices anytime soon and were more likely to lose more fans than entice others back

As you may know from my previous posts i have a very strong opinion on the way the club is run when it comes to the fans and the community. How i believe motherwell is a lazy club who really on the few thousand that go to fir park every week and have little desire to increse attendances and fan base. The majority of this town dont see motherwell as there home town club and hardly ever think about motherwell fc. fir park seems foreign to these people and a different world. The club needs brought back to the community. Not just the area around fir park but the whole town and county.

anybody know what these people do http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/community/our-staff/

:lol: Seriously..!! You have no idea...?? Why don't you come down to Fir Park every Saturday morning and watch those people training the young uns.. They work bloody hard as my boy goes there every week. It is a bloody pleasure watching potential future players being put through their formative years by these guys. Not only do they train at Fir Park but most of the Leisure centre's in the community and Dalziel HS run training sessions coached by these guys throughout the week as well. I can assure you that these guys are in the heart of the community in Motherwell doing their bit as two of my sons have had the pleasure of being trained by them. Maybe you should have a closer look at the courses and see how many courses they run rather than just pulling a page out the website and questioning their professionalism.

:) Seriously..!! You have no idea...?? Why don't you come down to Fir Park every Saturday morning and watch those people training the young uns.. They work bloody hard as my boy goes there every week. It is a bloody pleasure watching potential future players being put through their formative years by these guys. Not only do they train at Fir Park but most of the Leisure centre's in the community and Dalziel HS run training sessions coached by these guys throughout the week as well. I can assure you that these guys are in the heart of the community in Motherwell doing their bit as two of my sons have had the pleasure of being trained by them. Maybe you should have a closer look at the courses and see how many courses they run rather than just pulling a page out the website and questioning their professionalism.

That is half our problem people don't appreciated how hard some of these people work. The whole community thing has been turned round at the club and people at the club are very enthusiastic about how well it is working. I love the critics on here.

That is half our problem people don't appreciated how hard some of these people work. The whole community thing has been turned round at the club and people at the club are very enthusiastic about how well it is working. I love the critics on here.

To be fair most people are not critical of the community work the club do,it just seems to be a particular bugbear of one poster.

The problem with football world wide is that it's no longer the working man's game. It's now the domain of rich playboys who want a plaything to spend money on. Take Man City for example. They must of spent a hundred million on their team & there's no way they will ever recoup that amount. Plus the money they make on TV revenue, league position, European games etc will far outweigh any income they make from crowd takings. So they are in a position to charge whatever gate price they want because whether they have a full house or a couple of hundred at each game it won't affect their ability to run the club.

Then you get teams like Motherwell who need every penny they can get so they charge top dollar entrance fee just so they can pay players wages etc. The rich teams who have supporters/glory hunters coming out their ears can afford to charge less for gate money but the poor teams who struggle to find supporters have to charge more gate money just to stay afloat & this in turn alienates more of the working man who can't afford it.

Get the rich c@#ts to fuck & return the game to the working man.

The problem with football world wide is that it's no longer the working man's game. It's now the domain of rich playboys who want a plaything to spend money on. Take Man City for example. They must of spent a hundred million on their team & there's no way they will ever recoup that amount. Plus the money they make on TV revenue, league position, European games etc will far outweigh any income they make from crowd takings. So they are in a position to charge whatever gate price they want because whether they have a full house or a couple of hundred at each game it won't affect their ability to run the club.

Then you get teams like Motherwell who need every penny they can get so they charge top dollar entrance fee just so they can pay players wages etc. The rich teams who have supporters/glory hunters coming out their ears can afford to charge less for gate money but the poor teams who struggle to find supporters have to charge more gate money just to stay afloat & this in turn alienates more of the working man who can't afford it.

Get the rich c@#ts to fuck & return the game to the working man.

There is the root cause of a lot of scottish footballs problems in that one sentence. The fans are sick of paying high tickets prices just to help some below average twenty something drive about in a fancy car and act like Billy big boots. Footbal needs to get back to reallity, John Boyle has taken the club some way down that road, but more is required.

1.Get back to a sensible sustainable wage structure, and make sure the club can trade within its means.

2. Use the TV money the way it was intended as a bonus and extra income.

3. This will mean that ticket costs will be reduced, so more fans at games.

4. More fans = more revenue for the club etc.

We are at the stage now where crap players are expecting 6 figure salaries each year for very little in return, this problem needs to be faced up to, so why not Motherwell to be the 1st club to take the tough choices. We may suffer short term but long term we will be the stronger for it.

There's a lot of things JB can't help & doesn't have the cash to help but appointing a manager is in his control & time will tell but i think he maybe made a gaff in McCall. McGhee came in & got off to a flyer. Gannon came in & got off to a flyer. Brown came in & got off to a flyer. McCall came in & we are slowly sliding down the league. Right now we are struggling to score a single goal in the league & McCall comes out and says hopefully we will have a good striker in place for next season! WTF has he already given up on this season? If it wasn't for the fact Accies are so bad & St Mirren are just Cowdenbeath in disguise we would be in serious trouble this season if McCall can't address the problems in the squad.

I cant believe after 3 games people are saying we have made a mistake! WTF!

The guys just came in and had 4 players leave the team and having only league and cup games is trying to bring players back into the fold and try different tactics that will help the team.

Scummy McGhee and the wank Gannon had money, Broon did'nt have money but he was the fecking Scotland manager and a fantastic tactical manager.

So unless someone can show me a glaring fault in McCall i cant see any problem right now. Yes he's talking about bringing in a striker for next season but no good players will be available right now thats better than what we have, any player he signs just now will be a squad player. Im just never a fan of having to judge anyone by 3 games at least give him the best part of a season

The guys just came in and had 4 players leave the team and having only league and cup games is trying to bring players back into the fold and try different tactics that will help the team.

Scummy McGhee and the wank Gannon had money, Broon did'nt have money but he was the fecking Scotland manager and a fantastic tactical manager.

So unless someone can show me a glaring fault in McCall i cant see any problem right now. Yes he's talking about bringing in a striker for next season but no good players will be available right now thats better than what we have, any player he signs just now will be a squad player. Im just never a fan of having to judge anyone by 3 games at least give him the best part of a season

Sorry, i forgot about the Dundee utd game :nod: so 4 he has had in charge

So unless someone can show me a glaring fault in McCall

his CV is one glaring fault!!