Semi Final

joe90

I think some of you boys need to get real on here! I dont know what age you are but ive seen worse motherwell teams than this beat better rangers teams in the past. Yes, we are underdogs but all this pessamism is doing my tits in. No matter what you think, the gulf between us aint that big!!

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of you boys need to get real on here! I dont know what age you are but ive seen worse motherwell teams than this beat better rangers teams in the past. Yes, we are underdogs but all this pessamism is doing my tits in. No matter what you think, the gulf between us aint that big!!

I'm a bit of a realist. I hear you what you are saying but I think some of the pessimism, amongst many others, could be down to the two games we have already played them this season.

Rangers 4 Motherwell 1

Motherwell 1 Rangers 4

...........and our team has got a helluva lot weaker since then.

It doesn't matter what age I am, but I have been around for the last eight years and in that time I've seen better Motherwell teams than this fail to beat worse Rangers teams in that time. There is nothing about that Motherwell team that suggests we are going to do anything other than lose on Sunday and the fact that the game is at Hampden is only going to count against us even further because Rangers will have all the space in the world to exploit our glaring weaknesses just as they did at Fir Park last month.

And one more thing.......... everytime i go to AddREPLY i can't seem to type anything on there?? I can only type reply's on the FastREPLY if you know what i mean? If someone could help me out with that please??

My Controls > Board Settings > change from Rich Text Editor to Standard Editor. That should sort it.

It was just a question about the tickets for sunday! I was going to phone up tomorrow and buy two tickets with my card but i can't go to collect them. Is it fine if I get my brother to collect them for me even though i've paid with my card?

I picked my tickets up today and all they asked for was my address. You could even say to them on the phone the name of the guy who is picking them up, sure it'll be fine.

I'm a bit of a realist. I hear you what you are saying but I think some of the pessimism, amongst many others, could be down to the two games we have already played them this season.

Rangers 4 Motherwell 1

Motherwell 1 Rangers 4

...........and our team has got a helluva lot weaker since then.

And also down to the fact that we haven't beaten them for over EIGHT years no matter how good we have been by our standards and how bad they have been by their's. :rolleyes:

It was just a question about the tickets for sunday! I was going to phone up tomorrow and buy two tickets with my card but i can't go to collect them. Is it fine if I get my brother to collect them for me even though i've paid with my card?

That's exactly what we did. I ordered them last Friday with my card, they took all my details but my mate Scott picked them up yesterday no problem.

Well apart from the odd draw I'm always right aren't I? :rolleyes:

Interesting to note that since these forums have been in existance, from back in the days of welltrust.co.uk they have held discussions on all sorts of topics but NEVER about a victory over Rangers. Now that's a scary thought eh?

Well apart from the odd draw I'm always right aren't I? :lol:

Interesting to note that since these forums have been in existance, from back in the days of welltrust.co.uk they have held discussions on all sorts of topics but NEVER about a victory over Rangers. Now that's a scary thought eh?

Indeed! Since the welltrust days I think I've seen you explain just about every way possible why we wouldn't beat them :lol:

How good is it going to be on Sunday night when you finally get to discuss that win..... :rolleyes:

Indeed! Since the welltrust days I think I've seen you explain just about every way possible why we wouldn't beat them :lol:

How good is it going to be on Sunday night when you finally get to discuss that win..... :rolleyes:

Well it's just aswell I'm not one of these folk to say 'I told you so' then isn't it? Cos I'd have a field day and a half if I was.

As for the next bit, there is more chance of us discussing our shock at Rangers fans singing the soldiers song and being generally handsome chaps than us discussing a win over them. :lol:

It's a semi final.

I think it's only the fifth one in my twenty five years of following the 'Well.

There is no way I won't be there, hoping and praying for a lucky break.

They say breaks even themselves out, well we are due one in a semi final versus Rangers.

Believe.

Our 2 games against Rangers this season although we got gubbed at least we scored as we did in 2005 at least we got a goal. There's NO WAY we're scoring on sunday it's Motherwell 0 Rangers 2-3-4. I cant even be arsed watching this game on telly as i hate the league cup anyway. :rolleyes:

Our 2 games against Rangers this season although we got gubbed at least we scored as we did in 2005 at least we got a goal. There's NO WAY we're scoring on sunday it's Motherwell 0 Rangers 2-3-4. I cant even be arsed watching this game on telly as i hate the league cup anyway. :rolleyes:

Thats the spirit fella beaten before we start I guess then I've wasted £40 for our briefs.

We're dossers we hope for the best and prepare for the worst on the 'Well.

Bet you'll be at the Final if we get there though.... :lol:

Dare I ask how many tickets we have sold :doh:

Still as most have said it is a Cup semi. Not many of those to the £....

Miss a league game - no problem......38 of them in a season. Miss a cup semi-final @ Hampden - No way Jose....

I was getting my tickets today and the girl in the ticket office said around 4000 sold so far.

Saint Mirren fans probably felt they were getting gubbed in the final last season. Only some shambolick decisions by Gus McPherson cost them the cup in the end. It's a game of football, form goes out the window. We can win it, of course we can.

I know we've been very poor in recent weeks, but it's a cup semi final FfS! If we can't get up for this then we're not fit to be called fitb a fans! It's a one off, anything can happen, yeh we might get stuffed, but what if we don't and you weren't there?

I take it the ticket office at Hampden will be selling 'Well end tickets on Sunday up 'till kick off as well as Rangers ones?

I will be going to this one, it IS a cup semi-final and no matter how bored and fed up we all are of Scottish fitba there is more reason to be at this than any league game coming up. I also don't buy the 'would rather get Europe again than win the League cup'. Mental. Winning a major tournament makes history, fannying about in Wales or Scandanavia in the summer holidays doesn't!

Our 2 games against Rangers this season although we got gubbed at least we scored as we did in 2005 at least we got a goal. There's NO WAY we're scoring on sunday it's Motherwell 0 Rangers 2-3-4. I cant even be arsed watching this game on telly as i hate the league cup anyway. :doh:

Are you MJC in disguise?

Or are you just an arsehole ?

Well it's just aswell I'm not one of these folk to say 'I told you so' then isn't it? Cos I'd have a field day and a half if I was.

As for the next bit, there is more chance of us discussing our shock at Rangers fans singing the soldiers song and being generally handsome chaps than us discussing a win over them. :doh:

Good to see you're still supporting Motherwell. Muppet.

Our recent record against Rangers is so poor that I don't even bother trying to find an internet stream when we are playing them these days.

Despite that, if I was back in Scotland, wild horses wouldn't keep me away from a Cup semi. These are the only competitions we have any realistic chance of winning and we'll beat that mob sooner or later. (Probably later, right enough, but you never know :doh:)

We've beaten Rangers against the odds before and we'll do it again. It may be this Sunday or it may not, but I'll be getting up early to watch whatever live stream I can find and I'll be hoping we pull off the upset. If I only went to or watched the games I thought we were going to win I doubt I would have seen the inside of Fir Park yet. OF victories are rare, but it's sweet to be there when they happen - Ibrox when Coyle spoiled the title party, and Skippy Sunday stand out for me.

We don't get to many semi-finals, so this should be a big occasion for us. Considering our home gate is around the 4k mark, taking that many to Hampden isn't a complete embarrasment. It's been an expensive season so far and January is a very long month when you're waiting for pay day.