Motherwell Vs Kilmarnock 02/02/2011

David

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The change we wanted is happening folks. Slowly but its happening and in a very positive way.

Be patient and the results will come.

Just think back to how bad we were playing before McCall come along and how we have improved game after game. The results will come folks, the results will come.

Smash & grab. We controlled the match. Just couldn't find the net. If you don't realise what Sutton brings to the team then surely you do now (?). Don't think Casagolda was effective, he seemed to be doing a job that wasn't his style (maybe his style just isn't being a footballer <_ second sutton came on we instantly won a few balls in the air and got moving. murphy had to struggle up against big centre half which should have been dealing with if he was on.>

Performance wise wasn't bad at all considering the horrendous conditions.

Dissappointed with the result. Genuinely think we need to win at Aberdeen now.

Roll on Saturday for some Cup action...

Quite simply, we can have no complaints tonight. Kilmarnock came for a point and walked away with three, well done to them.

You can go on all you like about them 'mugging' us but the fact is that we did nothing to deserve to win that game tonight because you can have all the possession in the world, if you can't score goals then you don't deserve to win games. We are utterly powderpuff upfront and we just don't look like scoring goals just now unless it's from a set piece or from a long range effort that we get lucky from.

Tonight we played okay, nothing more, nothing less. We showed some decent movement but yet again we have nothing in the final third. Jamie Murphy is most definately not a centre forward, he's too lightweight and doe not possess the instinct needed to be a striker. And Casagolda? Well I can see why he's not been a regular this season based on that display tonight.

And yet again we lose a poor, poor goal that could easily have been prevented.

So all in all it's another worrying performance and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon because there is nothing in that squad that inspires any confidence and a relegation battle may very well be on the cards.

Worrying times ahead...

The change we wanted is happening folks. Slowly but its happening and in a very positive way.

Be patient and the results will come.

Just think back to how bad we were playing before McCall come along and how we have improved game after game. The results will come folks, the results will come.

you must be havin a laugh the results will come when we fuckin canny score

No question we were mugged tonight Killy should be doin an overnighter in motherwell cells however that game should've been dead and buried by the time the rain stopped at half time.

So many times we tried to pass the ball into the net and regrettably Gloria Esteban is not the answer.

Was it an error in judgement to leave Sutton on the bench tonight ? In hindsight yes, however one doesn't need hindsight to know he should have been hooked at half time not nearly 70 minutes into the game.

Unless we can get players having a shot at goal instead of picking a pass along the 18 yard line then we're in serious soapy

Once again all the possesion all the effort but no end product.

We did play very well tonight, but for Christs sake what is the problem with our shooting?!!!! I'd have them back out tonight practicing their shooting because make no mistake, our profligacy in front of goal is going to screw up our season big time. I think the abuse Murph got was OTT, but sometimes it looks as if the ball is too heavy for him! Just rattle it son!

It may all come good and the goals may flow, but right now that's six blanks in our last nine games. We have plummeted down the table and are now 8th, when even a half decent set of results in the last few months would've seen us Top Six easily.

A lot of our fitba was great tonight, because Killie have proved themselves to be a decent outfit. Eremenko and Taouil are superb on the ball, and we did well to limit their chances. However, what a feckin shocking goal to lose at a time when we were right on top.

I'm bloody annoyed tonight because we've thrown it away and I can see our season going to the dogs. I hope I'm wrong though! Its not a knee jerk reaction to losing tonight, we were crap at Perth and reportedly worse at Tannadice. The Accies game was dire as was the ICT match, all games we failed to score in and collected only two points from.

Its fingers out time Well, otherwise the apathy at Fir Park will only increase. Under 3700 with a decent Killie support says it all. It will only get worse too, unless we start doing the necessary in front of goal.

You just knew that was going to happen tonight.

All the talk of needing a striker and how we will struggle to score goals, we go out and create chances and play pretty well in patches but guess what, we cannot put the ball in the net. Again walking away from the football thinking what the fuck is happening and when are we going to win again.

Game was played at a really high tempo and was good to watch.

I thought Murphy played decent tonight but again had the chances to shoot and finish and wasnt for taking them.

Jennings and Lasley again outstanding albeit Jenno should have scored.

Big Up to the referee Stevie O'Reilly another shit performance. Let that number 81, whats fitba coming too, for Kilmarnock away with for or 5 challenges then books Jenno. What where the odds on that tonight. Thought Killie again where very physical and the wee arrogant fucker O'Reilly wasnt for stamping it out early.

Quite simply, we can have no complaints tonight. Kilmarnock came for a point and walked away with three, well done to them.

You can go on all you like about them 'mugging' us but the fact is that we did nothing to deserve to win that game tonight because you can have all the possession in the world, if you can't score goals then you don't deserve to win games. We are utterly powderpuff upfront and we just don't look like scoring goals just now unless it's from a set piece or from a long range effort that we get lucky from.

Tonight we played okay, nothing more, nothing less. We showed some decent movement but yet again we have nothing in the final third. Jamie Murphy is most definately not a centre forward, he's too lightweight and doe not possess the instinct needed to be a striker. And Casagolda? Well I can see why he's not been a regular this season based on that display tonight.

And yet again we lose a poor, poor goal that could easily have been prevented.

So all in all it's another worrying performance and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon because there is nothing in that squad that inspires any confidence and a relegation battle may very well be on the cards.

Worrying times ahead...

<_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_lol.gif" alt=":lol:"> Good night !

We did play very well tonight, but for Christs sake what is the problem with our shooting?!!!! I'd have them back out tonight practicing their shooting because make no mistake, our profligacy in front of goal is going to screw up our season big time. I think the abuse Murph got was OTT, but sometimes it looks as if the ball is too heavy for him! Just rattle it son!

It may all come good and the goals may flow, but right now that's six blanks in our last nine games. We have plummeted down the table and are now 8th, when even a half decent set of results in the last few months would've seen us Top Six easily.

A lot of our fitba was great tonight, because Killie have proved themselves to be a decent outfit. Eremenko and Taouil are superb on the ball, and we did well to limit their chances. However, what a feckin shocking goal to lose at a time when we were right on top.

I'm bloody annoyed tonight because we've thrown it away and I can see our season going to the dogs. I hope I'm wrong though! Its not a knee jerk reaction to losing tonight, we were crap at Perth and reportedly worse at Tannadice. The Accies game was dire as was the ICT match, all games we failed to score in and collected only two points from.

Its fingers out time Well, otherwise the apathy at Fir Park will only increase. Under 3700 with a decent Killie support says it all. It will only get worse too, unless we start doing the necessary in front of goal.

I shouldnt have bothered posting, just read yours and went.

+1, well said Yir.

Positives and negatives. On the plus side we dominated that match and outplayed one of the so called best footballing teams in the league. The guys gave 100% and if it wasn't for Cammy Bell we would have won that match 2 or 3-1. Jones looks to be decent and we might start to see a better standard of football now. Some of the stuff under Brown wasn't pretty but the wins were good.

Negatives. When you look at it these might outweigh the positives.....certainly in the short term. I saw nothing to suggest Casagolda was a footballer. Pretty anonymous and offered little. Murphy was bullied out of the match and I think we will suffer long into May and breathe a sigh of relief when this season finishes and that will be down to McCall, for whatever reason, failing to sign a striker to replace Blackman. Murphy and Sutton are both off form and Casagolda just doesn't have it. If this continues we will slip further down the league.

3rd is long gone. 4th is just gone imo. 5th is starting to disappear over the horizon due to Dun Utd having three games in hand and being one point better off than us. At present we are in a battle for sixth place with ICT, St Johnstone, and Aberdeen.

With two of our next four games being against the Old Firm (didn't that come round quick again) I think we could be struggling to stay in the top 8 come March.

I just wonder after another freezing cold, wet night at Fir Park whether this sore and quite important loss will tempt some not to come back this season.

I still can't shake the feeling if we had got a striker I would be a bit more confident for the remainder of the season.

I can see Jones, Gunning, Sutton, Craigan, and Jennings leaving us in the summer. McCall has a major rebuild on his hands.

MJC, you don't tend to annoy me with your views, recently I agreed with some. But, for fuck sake - shut the fuck up!

Aye, ok there your views and opions, your entitled to them but, fucking hell. Change the record. We lose = worrying times.

Why do you bother coming on and moaning after every game? I didn't read the Rangers match thread from Sunday but I wouldn't be surprised to see if you didn't post - mainly because we played alright.

I genuinely don't see the point in coming and and whinging every time we get beat, it seems as if you want us to be beat.

If only we had someone tonight who could score a goal we'd have been on here waxing lyrical about how fantastic the team played etc. etc. so please guys and girls lets not overlook the positive performances tonight particularly Jenno Las Hammy and Jones (who looks like he could be a great signing ).

Goals win Games simple as.

Looking at our fixtures until the split isnt too pretty

Sat 12 15:00 A Rangers Rangers SPL - - -

Tue 15 19:45 A Aberdeen Aberdeen SPL - - -

Sat 19 15:00 H Hamilton Hamilton SPL - - -

Wed 23 19:45 H St Mirren St Mirren SPL - - -

Sun 27 12:45 H Celtic Celtic SPL - - -

March 2011

Sat 05 15:00 A Inverness CT Inverness CT SPL - - -

Sat 19 12:00 A Kilamrnock Kilmarnock SPL - - -

April 2011

Sat 02 15:00 H Aberdeen Aberdeen SPL - - -

Sat 09 15:00 A Hearts Hearts SPL - - -

Sat 16 15:00 H Dundee United Dundee United SPL - - -

From that I would think we would be lucky to get 3 wins and 2 draws with 5 defeats, so bye my reckoning we will get 11pts. Would take us to 39 points and thats enough to be safe in the league before we play the bottom six split.

Thats if we can get the goals for 3 wins.

Played well, and once one of our strikers finally scores we'll be back up and running again.

Gripes of the day were:

Casagolda. He looked like a 7's player. Absolutely woeful, came into it a bit more in the second half but with Murphy having to do the work of two strikers (and quite clearly struggling to) we were effectively down to 9 men for the first 70 minutes. Sutton came on and won a few headers and the whole team seemed to lift in confidence after that.

Randolph was at fault for the goal but can't really expect him to go a full season without making a mistake.

Final gripe, and its a problem we've had for a while. No one seems to want to hit the ball when it falls to them. Jennings was the main culprit, was always looking to pass the ball before he was looking to shoot, but Jones and Gunnings shots at the end give me confidence that they might change this for us.

Despite this, there absolutely loads of positives to take from tonight. Steve Jones was outstanding, and brought back the 'Jim O'Brien factor' we have been missing this season.

The more Jennings and Lasley play together, the more the prove they are an absolutely outstanding midfield pairing.

Humphrey on the right had a good game aswell, and look far more threatening than he did on Sunday.

So with such a dangerous midfield, and with Hammell in top form, it won't be long before we finally get a goal and push for a top six finish again.

Onwards and upwards.

Also, have to give a special mention to the Killie fans. More than I expected to be there, and never stopped singing all game despite being on the back foot 80% of the time.

Bizarrely, as frustrating as tonight was, I have to say I enjoyed it - not for a long time have I seen us completely dominate a team, but we desperately need a natural scorer. Can't help but think that had Blackman\The Duke\Porter been with us, we'd have won by a country mile.

The lack of this killer touch will be our downfall for the remainder of the season.

MON RA DOSSERS

Well I thought it was a decent game and a good performance tonight ,wasn't impressed with Casagolda and to be honest I wasn't overly impressed with steve jones although he did have a few nice touches . jennings my man of the match. mccall said on radio hammel has done his hamstring .

A blow for sure.....but wouldn't mind seeing what Gunning is like as a player. Looks like he can hit a shot/swing in a cross.

I have no doubt we will sweep past Stranraer by a few goals, but we are going to struggle against defences like we came up against tonight if our strikers don't regain their form.