Stranraer Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Right, this is a game that we need to win handily in order to improve confidence in the team. Three defeats on the bounce isn't good enough, and with Rangers & Aberdeen away coming up next we really need to get a few goals in this game.

Despite what some may say, I'd go with pretty much the same team that played last night against Killie, which means that I'd give big Casagolda another runout to see if he can pick up the pace and put the ball in the net.

Going on what I saw last night, I have faith that he can turn out to be a good player for us. He was popping up in the right positions, but just seemed a step off the pace.

Hammell will probably be out after doing his hamstring last night, but apart from that I'd go with what we put out last night, which I think will be enough to see us through comfortably.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think this is exactly the type of game that we need just now. We should be able to down there at the weekend and win by a couple of goals.

For me the league campaign is about trying to get as many points as possible from now until the end ofthe season to try and get top 6. I reckon there is only 1 place up for grabs there now, with the mould firm, hearts, killie and united (3 games in hand) securing their places. We can forget about being drawn into a relegation battle. The number of points that we have amassed already will never be caught by either Hamilton or St Mirren.

The cup is a great opportunity for the provincial clubs this year and we are right in the mix. By the next round 3 out of the top 4 in the league will be out. If we get a favourable draw there is no reason why we cant make the semi's at least.

It's now ALL ticket

Stranraer Scottish Cup – Now all ticket

Despite assurances from Stranraer that they could cope with a cash turnstiles, the club have now been informed that supporters will now need a ticket to gain entry to the stadium. This will obviously mean some delays on Saturday for supporters when queuing for tickets therefore MFC want to give supporters the opportunity to buy tickets here at Fir Park. Standing tickets are available for pre purchase from our ticket office.

Full details, supporters buses and pricing can be found at http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2011/01/31/s...-queue-busting/

It's now ALL ticket

Stranraer Scottish Cup – Now all ticket

Despite assurances from Stranraer that they could cope with a cash turnstiles, the club have now been informed that supporters will now need a ticket to gain entry to the stadium. This will obviously mean some delays on Saturday for supporters when queuing for tickets therefore MFC want to give supporters the opportunity to buy tickets here at Fir Park. Standing tickets are available for pre purchase from our ticket office.

Full details, supporters buses and pricing can be found at http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2011/01/31/s...-queue-busting/

Take note, anyone wanting to sit in the stand will have to buy tickets down there.

very good chance of a cup shock, were on a shocking run,couldnt score in a bucket of fannies + they will know this and be right up for it. Hopefully we scrape through.

My team would be -

Randolph

Saunders,Hutchinson,Craigan,Gunning

Humphrey,Lasley,Jennings,Jones

Sutton,Casagolda

very good chance of a cup shock, were on a shocking run,couldnt score in a bucket of fannies + they will know this and be right up for it. Hopefully we scrape through.

My team would be -

Randolph

Saunders,Hutchinson,Craigan,Gunning

Humphrey,Lasley,Jennings,Jones

Sutton,Casagolda

I just about agree with this team but I think Hateley might take a place in central midfield. I think Lasley might be rested but I'll not complain if thats the team.

Either way I think a nice and easy 3-0 win will do nicely.

Can't go to this unfortunately. Going to Elland Road to see Leeds v Coventry and booked the tickets ages ago when I saw we didn't have a game this weekend....and then realised it was cup weekend! I though Dundee would've beat us anyway!

Stranraer are in the 3rd Division. If we don't beat these guys it would be one of the worst results in Motherwells history and McCall and Black should resign on the spot.

Surely not? It is Motherwell though!