Aberdeen Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Right, fuck the Rangers! Bring on the 'Dons, and the chance to get one over on the two auld codgers that walked out on us!

What's the predictions here? Are we on a downward slide that will only be added to by a thumping at Aberdeen? Or will we get some measure of revenge on our former management team?

Do we give Jeffers a start in this game? Or play him from the bench again?

Onwards & upwards etc! :angry:

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best we can get out of this is a draw imo. 1-1 final score. Hopefully, we can get 6 points from 6 against the bottom two in the two games after it. 7 out of 9 points would be a good return. Not looking forward to the trip up North after today but fingers crossed.

Mmmm I wonder how this fixture will pan out...

Well I reckon it will be preceded by Craig Brown giving his usual patrionising and pretentious interview in which he speaks of his "complete and utmost respect for everyone at Motherwell FC" and how he "still has many good, good friends there" and how he thinks Stuart McCall "is a wonderful man for whom I hold in the very highest of regard" and of course "has the utmost respect for him".

Then the 150 Well fans that made the trip will chant some unoriginal forms of abuse at our former management team, before enduring an awful game in the freezing cold North East in which we will no doubt lose with yet another toothless and clueless display.

Canny wait. :nod:

Craig Brown, both with us and now at Aberdeen is very adept at beating absolute cannon fodder. However thats something McGhee wasn't doing up there at the end and given they have only lost to Celtic in about two months (granted three times) they are a dangerous opponent. From our point of view we need a reaction after yesterday. I'm sure there will be no shortage of motivation given what happened when Brown and Knox left. If we play like we did at Dens then there is no reason why we can't come back down the road with something for all that Aberdeen have been better they haven't set the world on fire. Will be a struggle but I'm hopeful.

Expect it to be a tough game. Hopefully we can bounce back from last weekend because it is another important game, yet I am skeptical that we actually have the means to win, but we will see what happens. A good test for our manager to get his tactics right and the players up for it.......