Time To Move On

Kmcalpin

A shocking result yesterday and many of us have had a right good moan. Fair enough.

For those of us who intend to see this lean spell out we should back the team to the hilt in as many ways as we can, by raising the roof or by buying an extra HT draw ticket or whatever. Time for us to live up to our name of supporters.

A shocking result yesteray and many of us have had a right good moan. Fair enough.

For those of us who intend to see this lean spell out we should back the team to the hilt in as many ways as we can, by raising the roof or by buying an extra HT draw ticket or whatever. Time for us to live up to our name of supporters.

Are you joking? We get the utter utter piss ripped out of us constantly, and all in the name of us being "supporters".

We give WAY more than we should for what we get, to the point where we are actually mental for doing it. I think the main thing thats coming to the fore in this slump, is that more and more people are realising that if this was any other business or product, trading standards would have to open a dedicated department, and the small claims court would have to run 24hrs.

It's NOT time for us to live up to our name as supporters. It's time to be treated like the supporters we are.

Are you joking? We get the utter utter piss ripped out of us constantly, and all in the name of us being "supporters".

We give WAY more than we should for what we get, to the point where we are actually mental for doing it. I think the main thing thats coming to the fore in this slump, is that more and more people are realising that if this was any other business or product, trading standards would have to open a dedicated department, and the small claims court would have to run 24hrs.

It's NOT time for us to live up to our name as supporters. It's time to be treated like the supporters we are.

Spot on. It's time for the Club to start living up to it's name as an SPL team. Supporters deserve a far better product than is being sold to us and fans are beginning to see that and are not prepared to pay, pay and pay over and over again for an inferior product.

A shocking result yesteray and many of us have had a right good moan. Fair enough.

+1

Spot on. It's time for the Club to start living up to it's name as an SPL team. Supporters deserve a far better product than is being sold to us and fans are beginning to see that and are not prepared to pay, pay and pay over and over again for an inferior product.

So, for those of us who do intend to stick with it and continue to attend games, what do you suggest we do? If you don't agree with my post, and you have every right not to, there are only two other options. 1) Continue to do what we are doing, whatever that is or 2) Barrack the team, manager etc. and reduce our expenditure on the club.

I agree with Kmcalpin there are far too many moaning faced Ba****ds on this forum. Why all the doom and gloom.

- we were thrashed by Rangers no surprise there, its been 8 years since we beat them

- The team are utter pish just now, but we are in no danger of being dragged into the relegation battle,Hamilton are going down :nod:

- Look at the league table, 3 wins from our next 3 matches, all very winnable, Sheep away, accies home and st mirren home and we will be right back into the top 6, possibly even 4th with an outside chance of Europe again.

- We are still in the scottish cup one win away from another semi final, Dundee untd away, again another very winnable game.

- A squad as small as motherwell's is always going to suffer when key players are injured or suspended, so we need to make the most of what we have.

So lets get right behind the team and the manager, he will get it right and we can make judgements in May. Mon the well

A shocking result yesterday and many of us have had a right good moan. Fair enough.

I agree with Kmcalpin there are far too many moaning faced Ba****ds on this forum. Why all the doom and gloom.

- we were thrashed by Rangers no surprise there, its been 8 years since we beat them

- The team are utter pish just now, but we are in no danger of being dragged into the relegation battle,Hamilton are going down :nod:

- Look at the league table, 3 wins from our next 3 matches, all very winnable, Sheep away, accies home and st mirren home and we will be right back into the top 6, possibly even 4th with an outside chance of Europe again.

- We are still in the scottish cup one win away from another semi final, Dundee untd away, again another very winnable game.

- A squad as small as motherwell's is always going to suffer when key players are injured or suspended, so we need to make the most of what we have.

So lets get right behind the team and the manager, he will get it right and we can make judgements in May. Mon the well

Agree 100% with you both, there are currently 4 threads running about this game lets put it to bed and get on with our season

Lets face the facts. Rangers and Celtic should be beating the likes of us, Hamilton, St Johnstone etc EVERY game by several goals, when they have a team thats worth, what 25-30 Million plus, compared to us. Its not good viewing when the Well get gubbed, but like many others here, I can recall many games in the last 30 odd years, when Celtic put 7 past us, Aberdeen scored 8, even teams like St Mirren , Ayr United and Queens Park getting 4 or 5 goals against us, but for all that, many, many people still go year in year out. As Kmcalpin said, lets back the Well and give them our full support. One day we WILL beat the Gers. And when that day comes it will be worth it and all the 4-1, 6-0 defeats etc will be forgotten.

At the end of the day the 6-0 is now history and we cant change it. What we can do, is alter the future, give the team our backing and support, encouragement and stay off their backs.

This forum is depressing as fuck right now, fucking idiots on every thread waiting to pounce on the manager, the players and the club as soon as the chance comes along.

Isn't that the whole object of the forum?

The airing of thoughts, opinions, grievances etc, to fellow supporters and then debating them. You might not be happy with other peoples opinions but I think we have to remember that we all have one thing in common and that's a love of Motherwell Football Club.

I might have a low opinion of the manager and his latest signing, but if anyone thinks I felt anything other than sick after the mauling at Ibrox on Saturday then they are sadly mistaken.

The fact that I dont believe either McCall or Jeffers have the capabilities we badly require does not stop me from hoping that they do, and hoping that they succeed.

Opinions are a very personal thing and everyone is entitled to their own, for instance, I might not agree with everything Nethertonwellfan says but I'd be quite happy to buy him a pint in the Cherry Tree next time I'm up, which I think is for the Celtic game.

No matter how I've felt about the manager, players, or the board, nothing ever has, or ever will, stop me from being 100% behind the club.

Eddie, please don't stop posting.

I do enjoy the two threads idea though. Every uberfan sitting chatting to other uberfans about how everything is great while the dooms try and outdoom each other.

There's been a fair whack of greetin for a few weeks on the trot but what i have noticed through it all is that for the first time that i can remember there is greeting without the added comment of," this is what we should do......"

In other words,theres been a shed load of greeting but with no-one coming up with any real viable alternatives. I'd stick with Mccall, even if it is for the sheer simple reason nae other c**t seems to want to sit in the Managers chair at Fir Park. If they did then in my view,they probably would have been - Mccall,we have established, wasn't even Boyle/Motherwells first,second or third choice......that's no a particularly good sign.

A couple of wins and everyone will be fine again,always are.

Ive posted this many times before. We are not barca. We do not win every week. Being a motherwell fan, for me, is about the highs and the lows.

If you dont want to support the team then fine. Away and watch Jeff on the telle.

I will be going to the games week in week out because I want to support our team when we are in need of it most.

Ive posted this many times before. We are not barca. We do not win every week. Being a motherwell fan, for me, is about the highs and the lows.

If you dont want to support the team then fine. Away and watch Jeff on the telle.

I will be going to the games week in week out because I want to support our team when we are in need of it most.

Shouldny have said that mate ! That's being a holier than thou uber fan! :lol:

So, for those of us who do intend to stick with it and continue to attend games, what do you suggest we do? If you don't agree with my post, and you have every right not to, there are only two other options. 1) Continue to do what we are doing, whatever that is or 2) Barrack the team, manager etc. and reduce our expenditure on the club.

There is a third option. Support the manager and team and get behind them not on their backs.

Bravo Bravo etc.

What you'll probably find when you read between the lines here is pretty much by and large we're all here posting pretty much because we're going through the highs and the lows and we're all sticking by the team.

Sure folk (like yourself) will be able to take it on the chin easy and think nothing of it and move on to the next game. Some will get whatever they need to out their system and they'll be there singing their heart out next game.

By and large - that's how it goes.

However - whether you like it or not there have been some 'board level decisions' that rightly deserve a bit of scrutiny - leading to a lot of serious questioning of whether folk will continue to spend serious amounts of money following football. That's outwith the shambes that our games governing bodies are presiding over.

Like it, lump it whatever

This forum is hard reading at times i'm upset we lost 6 - 0 at ibrox but know that games against rangers and celtic very seldom end up in points for us so whether its 1-0 or 6-0 it's not worth getting upset about.

I hope none of the young lads thrown in at the deep end read these threads, i'm a sure a few of them would be thinking they might as well chuck it with all the support they get on here.

We are trying to grow a team from our youth academy it's not going to be easy and at times it's not going to be pretty, isn't it strange that gannon was praised for playing the young lads when he we didn't have injuries, and now we do have injuries and have no choice but to play the youngsters mcall is not up to the job and obviously decided to lay down for his old pals.

GET A GRIP!!!

We as supporters have been spoilt for the past few seasons by Motherwell and it's all too often forgotten by folk on here.

After a 13 year absence from europe we had it 3 years in a row and we've had some gr8 times.

I'm proud of our club and right behind the management the guy wears his heart on his sleeve and i'm sure he'll get the best out of the players soon enough keep the faith

Forever claret and amber

This forum is hard reading at times i'm upset we lost 6 - 0 at ibrox but know that games against rangers and celtic very seldom end up in points for us so whether its 1-0 or 6-0 it's not worth getting upset about.

I hope none of the young lads thrown in at the deep end read these threads, i'm a sure a few of them would be thinking they might as well chuck it with all the support they get on here.

We are trying to grow a team from our youth academy it's not going to be easy and at times it's not going to be pretty, isn't it strange that gannon was praised for playing the young lads when he we didn't have injuries, and now we do have injuries and have no choice but to play the youngsters mcall is not up to the job and obviously decided to lay down for his old pals.

GET A GRIP!!!

We as supporters have been spoilt for the past few seasons by Motherwell and it's all too often forgotten by folk on here.

After a 13 year absence from europe we had it 3 years in a row and we've had some gr8 times.

I'm proud of our club and right behind the management the guy wears his heart on his sleeve and i'm sure he'll get the best out of the players soon enough keep the faith

Forever claret and amber

However Craig Brown and Archie Knox did fuck all to grow a team. They played some young guys but where they had no workhorse alternative. Our form was on the dip when they left and the Youth Chief took over for three games and even he never took the opportunity to showcase the fruits of his years of work (that still fuckin puzzles me) .

The reason we took as big a humpin on Saturday - it could be argued - was down to MFCs dereliction of duty in 'growing a team'.

And by the way - everybody that's posting - will be behind the team.

However Craig Brown and Archie Knox did fuck all to grow a team. They played some young guys but where they had no workhorse alternative. Our form was on the dip when they left and the Youth Chief took over for three games and even he never took the opportunity to showcase the fruits of his years of work (that still fuckin puzzles me) .

The reason we took as big a humpin on Saturday - it could be argued - was down to MFCs dereliction of duty in 'growing a team'.

And by the way - everybody that's posting - will be behind the team.

Steve why must you insist in bringing sensible discussion to the boards ? :lol:

Someone has posted elsewhere (can't be arsed looking for it) that Clubs like ours are holding out to see the outcome of this league reconstruction farce and maybe thats why we have so many young guys in the team, its either that or the fact that as a business we are very restricted by being basically skint.

We have spent a fair chunk of our winter transfer kitty on the pitch hopefully there will be funds available in the summer.

The time to judge the team and the manager is when he has had an opportunity to bring in players to replace those we have lost.

There is no doubt the club need to spend money on and off the park, whether we are able to do so remains to be seen.

Onwards and hopefully upwards, forever Claret and Amber.