Returnee Xi

Frazzie

....the return of the Sheriff got me thinking about our special club, and the number of players, even in my relatively short time, that I have seen return to the club. I was wondering if I could put together an XI and I think I've just about managed it, albeit in a slightly gung-ho formation! Anyway, here's my attempt. Feel free to add any I may have forgotten, or correct me if I'm wrong about any of them.

______________Gunnar___________________

______Kerr_____Craigan_____Hammell______

Faddy__McClair__O'Donnell__Lasley__Ojamaa

____________Burns_____Sutton____________

I doubt there's any other SPFL clubs that could put together such a lineup and that reinforces my opinion that our club genuinely is a good place for players to come and play their football and is the type of club that gets under your skin.

....the return of the Sheriff got me thinking about our special club, and the number of players, even in my relatively short time, that I have seen return to the club. I was wondering if I could put together an XI and I think I've just about managed it, albeit in a slightly gung-ho formation! Anyway, here's my attempt. Feel free to add any I may have forgotten, or correct me if I'm wrong about any of them.

______________Gunnar___________________

______Kerr_____Craigan_____Hammell______

Faddy__McClair__O'Donnell__Lasley__Ojamaa

____________Burns_____Sutton____________

I doubt there's any other SPFL clubs that could put together such a lineup and that reinforces my opinion that our club genuinely is a good place for players to come and play their football and is the type of club that gets under your skin.

I believe its a fairly recent phenomenon Frazzie. Prior to Brian McClair, they were rarer than 'hens teeth'. I couldn't come up with one (cue someone to prove me wrong lol) and I always wondered why it rarely happened at our club, but was a regular occurance at other Scottish clubs.

I believe its a fairly recent phenomenon Frazzie. Prior to Brian McClair, they were rarer than 'hens teeth'. I couldn't come up with one (cue someone to prove me wrong lol) and I always wondered why it rarely happened at our club, but was a regular occurance at other Scottish clubs.

Gregor Stevens springs to mind as a pre-McLair. Given that they were both shadows of the players that left us (to put it kindly), I'm not surprised we gave it a miss for a few years.

Taking the conversation in a slightly different direction, I'm thinking about what the best team of this lot would be, but not just in terms of which players to pick, but also which era. Obviously McClair, Faddy, etc would be "before" and Craigan, etc would be after, but the one that jumps out at me as being a bit of a dilemma- Phil O'Donnell. Before or after?