New Assistant Manager

middleeastdave

Unless Craigan is *that* desperate to get away from Sutton I'd be surprised if he wanted to give up his BT gig.

I know he was saying in the press that he wouldn't rule out the assistant role but really the u20s combined with his pundit work seems like the sort of thing that'd give him the best of both worlds, he's still involved with Northern Ireland u19s as well right?

Again it's a case of "McGhee said..." but he ruled out one of the senior players getting the job a couple of weeks ago.

According to McGhee he might be able to announce a new assistant possibly this week, if he accepts.

Just wondering who would fit the position?

Maybe Brian McClair!!

Probably 2+2 =5!!

Better not be. Was so disappointed in his attitude last time around - played in a reserve game and went through the motions, never talked the young ones through the game. Still can't understand his rise through the coaching ranks since tbh

Interesting. Faddy is doing his coaching badges and knows the club and players......a double edged sword? For some time now many fans have suggested he could be used in a coaching role.

he's more than due a chance, although sentimentality shouldn't come into it.

Really upbeat about this appointment.

Said before with the onset of fan ownership, we need to look at appointing McGhee as (manager/Alex Ferguson role)and look at progressive ways we can grow the club within the restraints we will undoubtedly face.

I'm sure Faddy will bring a freshness and ensure players express themselves as he develops his new role!

Best wishes Faddy!

• Like 1

I should have posted yesterday, because I thought it would be James McFadden, so I'm absolutely delighted that it is him. Sentiment has nothing to do with it, we all know he will put everything into the role to make it a success, because he has the club at heart.

Congratulations to him, and every success in the role.

Makes a lot of sense IMO. There was a fair bit of chat at the end of last season about wanting to cultivate a boot-room structure at the club. Faddy's doing his badges, he's a good "face" for the club, what he's like as a coach I've no idea but in all honesty other than someone like say, Gordon Young, who got his jotters at United I'd genuinely struggle to think of an obvious candidate for the job anyway. Clearly it's not my job to think of obvious candidates but still...

The fact that he's also registered as a player means that we're not totally reliant on Mackin as back up and he offers a bit of depth and experience up front (if required etc) as part of one wage (though I'm sure subject to bonuses).

Also, as an aside, given there's been a deal on the table for him since May I wonder if him taking the assistant wage has freed up some playing budget and that explains why we've been able to bring Clay in to have a look at?

All in all, I'm quite into it tbh.

Remember reading last season about some training Faddy took with the U20's who were seemingly raving about it.

Held a free kick masterclass, that weekend Ross McLean scored the winner with a free kick.

I think this could be a very very good appointment. He is a top class professional which can only rub off well on our younger players, whose development really should be our main remit.

I should have posted yesterday, because I thought it would be James McFadden, so I'm absolutely delighted that it is him. Sentiment has nothing to do with it, we all know he will put everything into the role to make it a success, because he has the club at heart.

Congratulations to him, and every success in the role.

You dont think anyone else wouldve tried had they been given the job ?

I'll trust McGhee's judgement on it but to me it looks like unadulterated sentimentality